Anyone else still watch NFL Pregame Shows before the game?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
In the past 3 years I have kind of lost interest mainly because they are too damm long. I believe ESPN and the NFL Network pregame shows are 3 hours long which is too much. Plus there are 6 guys on each set which too many people. So I just normally go on the internet until 12:59pm.

Anyone else?

I stopped watching professional football a long time ago.

You are missing some great football. Maybe you just don't like sports. Have you considered quilting?

Well that means you shouldn't have responded to this thread

Why not?

Do you think I watch the pre-game show before the game, then don't watch the game?

You are missing some great football. Maybe you just don't like sports. Have you considered quilting?

Why not?

Do you think I watch the pre-game show before the game, then don't watch the game?

The question is for NFL Fans only

Ha ha...so much humor, so little time...

I stopped watching NFL football when they moved so many games to pay channels.

They have every right to do it, and I have every right to stop watching.

College and even local high school games have great football too.

Why not?

The question is for NFL Fans only

Then you should start your own board where you get to control who posts where.

It will take some time to create, so you better get started now.

EDIT - Good grief do these quotes get out of control in a hurry.

When I watched football I noticed the pregame shows have the same kind of guys on them:

1. Retired Pro Player
2. Retired Coach
3. Non-Threatening Black Guy

Seems like all they did was pump the NFL and TV shows.

In Super Slo-Mo of course!

When I watched football I noticed the pregame shows have the same kind of guys on them:

1. Retired Pro Player
2. Retired Coach
3. Non-Threatening Black Guy

Seems like all they did was pump the NFL and TV shows.

In Super Slo-Mo of course!

Who do you think should have better insight into the NFL viewing experience?

Moi...personally ...I am annoyed at the 13-14 year old dweebs that pop up on a You Tube search of "Current NFL Power Rankings".

Most of these videos are the worst amature adventures in homerism masked as so called experts but in truth just self promoting moron dweebs. I have more NFL knowledge in my pinky fingernail than these young barely pubescents sharing their video selfies.

At least they are not plotting some columbine-esq terrorist plot on their junior high schools.

In a similar vein some radio broadcasts are just downright dishonest in what they deliver to the public as "sports news"

Listening to ESPN this evening the radio personality said that the 9ers had been vastly outscored by their opposition in the first two exhibitions (gross missunderstatement) and added that today the 9ers put up 21 points ...a huge improvement.. only thing wrong with that is that none of those points came from the ones. Kaepernick played just awfull today. He is NOT ready for the regular season and neither is the 9er defense.

In a similar vein some radio broadcasts are just downright dishonest in what they deliver to the public as "sports news"

Listening to ESPN this evening the radio personality said that the 9ers had been vastly outscored by their opposition in the first two exhibitions (gross missunderstatement) and added that today the 9ers put up 21 points ...a huge improvement.. only thing wrong with that is that none of those points came from the ones. Kaepernick played just awfull today. He is NOT ready for the regular season and neither is the 9er defense.

Never ever judge a team by what you see in August

I judge what I see whenever I see it. If one understands the context one is viewing through gauging what one sees can be valued or devalued intelligently.

I used to go out to the Seahawk OTA's and pre season training and watch the drills. Watching Steve Largent going through pass catching exercises it was clear he was superior to the other receivers in the mechanics of purely catching a football in a variety of situations. Watching Largent it was clear he would be successfull in the NFL just because of how good he was. I never saw him drop a pass in practice.

Maybe you don't know what to look for in the preseason. I believe I do.

cant blame you.the owners and players have really ruined the game.teams moving from one city to another-the raiders may be moving again possibly,players never sticking to one team their whole careers anymore,domed stadiums.

the NFL USED to be once upon a time,fun to watch.as soon as i come into some money,im going to start buying the old games of yesterday like wheh the vikings once upon a time played outdoors.Im never even beena viking fan but those were at least the good old days when they played the game they way it was MEANT to be played.:mad:

I judge what I see whenever I see it. If one understands the context one is viewing through gauging what one sees can be valued or devalued intelligently.

I used to go out to the Seahawk OTA's and pre season training and watch the drills. Watching Steve Largent going through pass catching exercises it was clear he was superior to the other receivers in the mechanics of purely catching a football in a variety of situations. Watching Largent it was clear he would be successfull in the NFL just because of how good he was. I never saw him drop a pass in practice.

Maybe you don't know what to look for in the preseason. I believe I do.
oh yeah the steve largent days.again a time when the NFL was once fun to watch and you always looked forward to the GAMES each week.

NFL Games are getting harder for me to watch never mind the pregame shows.
Maybe it is all those commercials they have on now, just to meet the players salaries.
I read somewhere that if an NFL Game was edited so that only the time the ball was in play was recorded.
From the snap to the play being blown dead, You could watch the entire game in 12 minutes.

NFL Games are getting harder for me to watch never mind the pregame shows.
Maybe it is all those commercials they have on now, just to meet the players salaries.
I read somewhere that if an NFL Game was edited so that only the time the ball was in play was recorded.
From the snap to the play being blown dead, You could watch the entire game in 12 minutes.

Well atleast the commercials you see on a NFL Sunday are not medical commercials

Forum List

Back