Anyone else grieving?

I lost my husband in November 2015. Has anyone else lost someone recently, or even not recently? Sharing grief experiences can help, I've found.

Anyway, I guess I felt like sharing.

:( Sorry ricechickie, it's a hard loss. havn't had one like that, but I did lose my dad to inoperable throat and stomach cancer when I was 24. that was a while ago. We went down to Mexico as a last ditch effort to visit a alternative clinic but it was pretty much too late.

Do you still have your kitty, Rice? I know that the one that just adopted us has been a blessing. She belongs to the neighbors but is here with us every day and night. She has all her own toys, food we buy her, and MrGracie seems a bit happier when she is around cuz I hear him laughing when she is in there playing with his toes under the blankets. Animals are wonderful at soothing. But its just as hard when they die, too. :(

Anyway...how is the kitty?

I have three cats. The “new” kitten is now a full-grown jerk. He’s always getting into things he shouldn’t. He tries to play too rough with the older cats. It’s equal parts amusing and exasperating. I love him.

I lost my husband in November 2015. Has anyone else lost someone recently, or even not recently? Sharing grief experiences can help, I've found.

Lost my wife, and daughter going on three years ago now... Holidays have never been the same. You never get over it. You just learn to live with it.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

:( Sorry ricechickie, it's a hard loss. havn't had one like that, but I did lose my dad to inoperable throat and stomach cancer when I was 24. that was a while ago. We went down to Mexico as a last ditch effort to visit a alternative clinic but it was pretty much too late.

I’m sorry for your loss.

Do you still have your kitty, Rice? I know that the one that just adopted us has been a blessing. She belongs to the neighbors but is here with us every day and night. She has all her own toys, food we buy her, and MrGracie seems a bit happier when she is around cuz I hear him laughing when she is in there playing with his toes under the blankets. Animals are wonderful at soothing. But its just as hard when they die, too. :(

Anyway...how is the kitty?

I have three cats. The “new” kitten is now a full-grown jerk. He’s always getting into things he shouldn’t. He tries to play too rough with the older cats. It’s equal parts amusing and exasperating. I love him.

My 2 inside cats are perpetually mischievious! They're always all like: "Look daddy, I'm gonna do this". I'm gonna sneak out when you take out the garbage and have you chase me back in! :funnyface:

9 years old they are. :rolleyes-41: Literally, and perpetually in the head, too!

I don't wanna talk about grieving. :lalala:

Last edited:

We lost my mom August 2016 and my dad just can't get over it. How long has it been for you? How long were you together? Did you love each other a lot? How old are you? What do you do to get through the days? I keep telling him he needs to go get a gym membership, a job or find some friends. Do you have friends? Do they help you not be lonely? Is it getting easier over time? I will tell him what you tell me. God bless you. Sorry for your loss.

We lost my mom August 2016 and my dad just can't get over it. How long has it been for you? How long were you together? Did you love each other a lot? How old are you? What do you do to get through the days? I keep telling him he needs to go get a gym membership, a job or find some friends. Do you have friends? Do they help you not be lonely? Is it getting easier over time? I will tell him what you tell me. God bless you. Sorry for your loss.

It’s been two years since he passed. We were together for 22 years, celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. We loved each other a lot, but we had our ups and downs. That’s just being honest. I knew for years that he would go first, he had quite a few health problems. Still, it happened sooner than I expected.

I have a few other friends, but he was my “go to” person, so that makes things super lonely. I never know who to tell the things that I would have told him. Because he was the one I told everything.

I was 42 when I lost him. He was almost 54. I had just started a new job when he died, so I jumped right back into work. That helped me the most. I joined a bereavement support group, but they were all so much older and I gave it up quickly. Still, it might be an option for your dad.

Tell him it does get easier over time. I never tried to stop the tears because I feel like you just have to let it out to get through. But it’s such a huge life-changing event, it takes a long time to normalize again. Everything feels wrong for a while.

Please give your dad my condolences. I wish him peace through his grief.

I just lost a very close friend he was 51 years old, he died Monday.

I am devastated, I miss him already.

Owwww. Sorry Dalia, it's tough as we go on in life, and we lose those we have known for so long, sometimes the world seems a lonelier place because of it. Maybe it's because we can't find people who understand us the way that they did

So sorry for your loss. I completely understand where you are. I lost my husband in a tragic car accident 11 years ago. It still seems like yesterday when I last saw him. He was the love of my life. The really sad thing is that he was buried on our anniversary. I will never forget how confused I was. I did not understand why he had to be taken at such a young age. I was angry and had to start my whole life all over again when I just wanted him back.

I had to learn who I was without him, I felt a part of me died that day (because it did). I got busy very busy with redecorating my home ect.. started a new job and was scared to death every day. I did all that I could think of to plan for the future. But I found out you can only plan so much, cause life and unfortunately death happens.

18 months later my nephew was killed. He was only 18. They found my sister in law dead the day of his funeral. 7 weeks later my niece and her husband was killed in a horrible car accident. Leaving behind a 9 year old girl, a 5 year old boy and a 6 month old baby. My brother lost both of his kids in a 7 week span. Needless to say it has torn my family apart. My Brother adopted his grandkids. Poor guy. it breaks my heart to know that he will feel the worst kind of pain anyone can ever feel for the rest of his life.

When my Dad got sick with acute myloid lukemia a few years ago. We all briefly came together for him. He died a year later only to push us all further apart. Personally I will never understand why, but I think it may have to do with pain, when we see each other we feel pain, I don't know it is just a guess. OMG when my Mom dies, I hope things don't get worse.

Hang in there sweety, knowing who you are and what you want will get you through. Stay close to family.

Owwww. Sorry Dalia, it's tough as we go on in life, and we lose those we have known for so long, sometimes the world seems a lonelier place because of it. Maybe it's because we can't find people who understand us the way that they did
I feel my dad put all his eggs in one basket. He should have had friends

You've had a tough year Dalia .

First the cat.

Now the close friend.

The best understanding of death comes from Modern Philosophy.

There is a chapter on death in every Modern Philosophy book written.

Generally, death has been happening for millions of years since life first appeared on the Earth. Mammals have been here for 30 million years. Humans for about 2 million.

Anything that has been happening for millions of years should not surprise anybody. Best thing is to accept it as inevitable for everyone and everything. That's the philosophical point of view.

It is like a journey, with certain people leaving from time to time.

They probably went someplace else and simply left their bodies behind -- this is philosophical also.

You will probably get to see them again in another state of consciousness -- this too is philosophical.

So you just need to wait and make the best out of what you have now.

I would definitely get another cat.

And there is probably someone else who could use your friendship too.

If you are Catholic then you are supposed to pray for the dead.

However praying for the dead makes no sense to me.

Praying for the living seems more consequential.

As a Deist rather than a Theist, praying at all, other than to give thanks, makes no sense to me either.

I do not believe God interferes in the lives of humans.

I believe the Great Watchmaker made the watch and now it ticks on its own.

Don't get me started on Time either.

Time simply does not exist.

But we do make watches to tell us what time it is.

It is always now.

We have memories of the past and plans for the future but we live in a continuous present which does not change.

It's true what you say Yarddog , he cares for me a lot I saw him almost every day and the memories come back to me.
And sadness of sadness I received the announcement of his death by SMS because my phone did not work well.
See a message this way it gives you a shot it is devastating :(

You've had a tough year Dalia .

First the cat.

Now the close friend.

The best understanding of death comes from Modern Philosophy.

There is a chapter on death in every Modern Philosophy book written.

Generally, death has been happening for millions of years since life first appeared on the Earth. Mammals have been here for 30 million years. Humans for about 2 million.

Anything that has been happening for millions of years should not surprise anybody. Best thing is to accept it as inevitable for everyone and everything. That's the philosophical point of view.

It is like a journey, with certain people leaving from time to time.

They probably went someplace else and simply left their bodies behind -- this is philosophical also.

You will probably get to see them again in another state of consciousness -- this too is philosophical.

So you just need to wait and make the best out of what you have now.

I would definitely get another cat.

And there is probably someone else who could use your friendship too.
Thanks to you yiostheoy , since 2015 and the loss of my brother on Christmas day I lost a lot of people around me if it continues like this I will find myself alone.
2015: my brother
2016: my sister's husband and a friend
2017: my precious Pomponette and now my friend so close to me.
Life is cruel and this thread helps a lot people who need to say their pain I thank the OP for that.

Forum List

Back