Anyone Carry ADT Home Security

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
We are thinking of the system for our new home. Yes, we are have S&W security, but would rather have that as a secondary to a monitored system

So far, it looks OK but I'm concerned about false alarms and charges that can be associated with them. ADT says they are rare, and they have no charge, but what about the cities or counties?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

-Geaux

We are thinking of the system for our new home. Yes, we are have S&W security, but would rather have that as a secondary to a monitored system

So far, it looks OK but I'm concerned about false alarms and charges that can be associated with them. ADT says they are rare, and they have no charge, but what about the cities or counties?

-Geaux

Oh, the irony. You say "Society is safer when criminals don't know who's armed" and then you go and ask about an alarm system.

I have SimpliSafe, and two playful yard puppies with healthy appetites.

It's an independent system, not hooked up to the house wiring. Lines can't be cut.

-Geaux

Oh, the irony. You say "Society is safer when criminals don't know who's armed" and then you go and ask about an alarm system.

It's common sense. There would be a lot of paperwork if you shoot a perp.

-Geaux

Yep, unless you want someone dead first. This is for when we are away from home

-Geaux

-Geaux

It's common sense to demand guns, and then feel like you're not safe? Hmmm.. sure thing.

-Geaux

Yep, unless you want someone dead first. This is for when we are away from home

-Geaux

But surely they wouldn't know whether there's someone armed or not in the house.....

-Geaux

It's common sense to demand guns, and then feel like you're not safe? Hmmm.. sure thing.

A layered defense is the most effective.

-Geaux

Boy...the stupid is strong with you.....society is safer when criminals don't know who is armed...Britain has more break ins while the home owner is home because they know they won't be shot...here? the thugs try to make sure no one is home...they don't want to be shot.....

I have SimpliSafe, and two playful yard puppies with healthy appetites.

It's an independent system, not hooked up to the house wiring. Lines can't be cut.

Isn't there a way to jam your wifi and screw up the simplisafe?

-Geaux

Yes, but a far more effective defense is to not have the attack in the first place.

-Geaux

Yes, but a far more effective defense is to not have the attack in the first place.

How do you stop that?

How do you stop that?

Well.....according to anti-gunners you simply engage luck......many will tell you that neither they, nor their families have ever been victims of crime...so....since that is the case, no one ever needs a security system...ever.....

How do you stop that?

By having a safer society.

How do you stop that?

And yet...people like you allow violent criminals to get out of jail...over and over again....and support social policies that create generations of young males who have been raised by single teenage girls with no fathers....and then you expect society to be a happy, rainbow filled place......and then blame law abiding citizens for the violence....

How do you stop that?

You work on that. Go talk to the urban thugs about rainbows and butterflies. Arrange a lecture for MS-13 about the value of non-predatory behavior.

I'll do it my way.

How do you stop that?

You work on that. Go talk to the urban thugs about rainbows and butterflies. Arrange a lecture for MS-13 about the value of non-predatory behavior.

I'll do it my way.

Sure, America will keep doing it the American way and will keep burying its dead day after day, while Europe is much safer.

How do you stop that?

I'll do it my way.

Sure, America will keep doing it the American way and will keep burying its dead day after day, while Europe is much safer.

How do you figure Europe is much safer...the violent crime rate in Britain is going through the roof, while ours is going down.....gun crime in London, in a country that banned and confiscated guns is up 42%....our gun crime rate is down 75%, our gun murder rate is down 49%, and our violent crime rate is down 72%....as more of us bought and carried guns....

Europe is turning into a crap hole, and the violence is only going to get worse.....they are cutting their police budgets to pay for their social welfare programs and they are hamstringing their police with political correctness just like over here....just in time for the surge of violent, criminally oriented aliens who are now living in their countries.....

Our violent crime rate is down....while we increased gun ownership....theirs is skyrocketing after they banned and confiscated guns......two methods...theirs is failing...

Here......please, tell us how non-violent Britain is....

Gun crime in London increases by 42% - BBC News

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.

The Met Police's figures showed there were 2,544 gun crime offences from April 2016 to April 2017 compared to 1,793 offences from 2015 until 2016.
Knife crime also increased by 24% with 12,074 recorded offences from 2016 to 2017.
============

Gun and knife crime soaring in London, official figures show

More worryingly, there was also a rise in the number of guns being fired on London’s streets, up from 239 cases in 2015/16 to 306 cases in the last financial year.

There was also a 20 per cent increase in the rate of knife attacks involving injuries to victims, up from 3,663 to 4,415 in 2016/17.

------

“We are concerned about the rise of gun crime and rise of knife crime offences committed by young people and the changing nature of the offenders. “

He said there was evidence that more young people are carrying knives for a variety of reasons including status, criminality and self-protection but said only around a quarter are affiliated with gangs.

He said police were focusing on reducing stabbings by taking weapons and dangerous offenders off the streets and trying to prevent and divert people from crime.
------

“With double-digit growth in gun and knife crime - and a youth homicide almost every fortnight - the crime challenge for London is real and serious and has serious impacts for London’s most disadvantaged communities.”
He added: “With 600 victims of serious youth violence each month, the Met needs a new plan to tackle the violence on our capital’s streets if they are to help impoverished communities.
==========

Violent crime on the rise in every corner of the country, figures suggest

But analysis of the figures force by force, showed the full extent of the problem, with only one constabulary, Nottinghamshire, recording a reduction in violent offences.

The vast majority of police forces actually witnessed double digit rises in violent crime, with Northumbria posting a 95 per cent increase year on year.

Of the other forces, Durham Police recorded a 73 per cent rise; West Yorkshire was up 48 per cent; Avon and Somerset 45 per cent; Dorset 39 per cent and Warwickshire 37 per cent.

Elsewhere Humberside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Wiltshire and Dyfed Powys all saw violence rise by more than a quarter year on year.

mail

How do you stop that?

I'll do it my way.

And yet, you're still here.

How do you stop that?

I'll do it my way.

And yet, you're still here.

And where is "here" exactly?

Forum List

Back