Anyone Carry ADT Home Security

How do you stop that?

By having a safer society.

You work on that. Go talk to the urban thugs about rainbows and butterflies. Arrange a lecture for MS-13 about the value of non-predatory behavior.

I'll do it my way.

Sure, America will keep doing it the American way and will keep burying its dead day after day, while Europe is much safer.

And yet, you're still here.

And where is "here" exactly?

You're not American in the US?

I have SimpliSafe, and two playful yard puppies with healthy appetites.

It's an independent system, not hooked up to the house wiring. Lines can't be cut.

Isn't there a way to jam your wifi and screw up the simplisafe?

There may be, but it would be difficult with two large dogs hanging from your buttocks by their teeth.

Also, they would still set off the motion detectors, triggering noise and lights and camera.

Last edited:
We are thinking of the system for our new home. Yes, we are have S&W security, but would rather have that as a secondary to a monitored system

So far, it looks OK but I'm concerned about false alarms and charges that can be associated with them. ADT says they are rare, and they have no charge, but what about the cities or counties?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

-Geaux
I've had ADT for 20 years.

Wireless sensors. Everywhere.

Smoke detectors are hard wired to the system.

Rarely have false alarms.

Immediate contact to your list of contacts.

Never fined for the 2 false alarms that weren't dispatched.

No complaints the entire time...

Except that the bill was 20.00 and is now 60.00 month.

Well worth the security.

By having a safer society.

You work on that. Go talk to the urban thugs about rainbows and butterflies. Arrange a lecture for MS-13 about the value of non-predatory behavior.

I'll do it my way.

Sure, America will keep doing it the American way and will keep burying its dead day after day, while Europe is much safer.

I don't tell people such information as a general rule.

I'll do it my way.

I'll take that as a yes.

I'll take that as a yes.

You can take it however you like, I don't care.

But you know what they say about "assume", don't you? Makes an ass out of you and me. Well, in this case it'll just make an ass out of you.

I deal in facts. Other people deal in beliefs. You can choose whichever of those you like. Simple fact is, you don't know where I'm from and you never will, because I'm not willing to share personal information on a forum full of fuckheads who will try and use any little bit of personal information to attack you with. I want to talk about the facts, and have the debate. You don't need to know where I'm from and I don't need to know where you are from to be able to discuss the issues sensibly.

So, you do as you feel, again, I don't care. The ignore button on this site is amazing and people who start trying to attack me, end up on it.

I'll take that as a yes.

But you know what they say about "assume", don't you? Makes an ass out of you and me. Well, in this case it'll just make an ass out of you.

I deal in facts. Other people deal in beliefs. You can choose whichever of those you like. Simple fact is, you don't know where I'm from and you never will, because I'm not willing to share personal information on a forum full of fuckheads who will try and use any little bit of personal information to attack you with. I want to talk about the facts, and have the debate. You don't need to know where I'm from and I don't need to know where you are from to be able to discuss the issues sensibly.

So, you do as you feel, again, I don't care. The ignore button on this site is amazing and people who start trying to attack me, end up on it.

No American would hide the fact of being an American on a message board.

I ignore no one. You people are too funny to ignore.

I'll take that as a yes.

Can you back that statement up? I bet you can't. I bet you can't prove that every one of the 330 million Americans would not decide to give up personal information to people on this site.

Come on, prove it. You made the claim, back it up.

I'll take that as a yes.

Can you back that statement up? I bet you can't. I bet you can't prove that every one of the 330 million Americans would not decide to give up personal information to people on this site.

Informing that you are American is not "personal information".

I'll take that as a yes.

Informing that you are American is not "personal information".

I'm sorry you don't get it. I don't care.

I'll explain one more time then you can get back to point of this thread.

I don't give out personal information on this forum, regardless of whether you think it is or not, it doesn't matter. I don't do it. I don't give out my gender, my nationality, my address, none of this stuff. You don't like it. So what?

I'll take that as a yes.

You don't deal in facts...you deal in emotion and feelings....

I'll do it my way.

So you're a European in Europe, then?

why have those security systems when all they do is call 911 for ya....i can see it if your house is vacant during the day...my mother has one of those systems....she simply got a couple of their signs....and put them in the yard...when she finally got a full system it was hard to use...a simple thing could mess it up....like an open door or a window...i will give it this ..when i entered the house by the wrong door the police where there in minutes.....they caught me

Forum List

Back