What happens when you don't have the Right to own and carry guns? Home invasions by violent criminals, The Australian edition...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
We have the Right to own and carry guns....so criminals in the U.S. go to great lengths to avoid home owners ......they are afraid to get shot. There are stupid criminals here, which is why some do get shot......but compared to the other countries in Europe, America sees fewer "Hot" burglaries.....break ins when the homeowner is on site.......

Australia .... a case in point.....

In one incident last April, a gang of youths armed with machetes and a rifle smashed their way into a Melton home in Melbourne. They confronted the occupants and demanded cash.

They made off with jewellery and a vehicle parked in the driveway.

They had a rifle? How did "yoots" get a rifle in Australia?

well, the cops have a monopoly on guns (and the use of violence) in my country, and we hardly ever have violent crime pop up in the national news. so i'm in favor of a violence monopoly for cops.

well, the cops have a monopoly on guns (and the use of violence) in my country, and we hardly ever have violent crime pop up in the national news. so i'm in favor of a violence monopoly for cops.
If we ship you a bunch of our Negroes and Illegals your violent crime rate will soar and you would be a strong supporter of the right to keep and bear arms.

Let's not forget that in those countries like Australia, homeowners can actually be charged with assault for striking a criminal who invaded their homes

So what? The claim is you can't own a gun in Australia so criminals have no qualms with just breaking in.
Really? You're going to imply that gun ownership and self-protection in Australia is just like it is in the US? There is no comparison. Gun ownership in the United States is far too limited by Government and yet, in comparison to the United States, Australia restricts gun ownership far, far, more than in the US.

he principle features of the NFA, as described in a study on the regulatory reform (Ozanne-Smith et al., 2004, pp. 282–283), were as follows:

• Ban on importation, ownership, sale, resale, transfer, possession, manufacture, or use of all self-loading center rifles, all self-loading and pump action shotguns, and all self-loading rimfire rifles (some exemptions allowable to primary producers and clay target shooters)

Here's the Government of one of the Australian States clearly stating that you cannot defend yourself with any weapon, including guns:

The law says you can’t carry, possess or use a weapon, including guns, knives, and other weapons and ‘dangerous articles’, to hurt people or to defend yourself.

Even pepper spray is illegal in all of Australia except Perth and whatever state that is in.

In addition, there is no right to freely speak about politicians or government so the laws can never change because the people can never speak up to change them. Australia, today, as with the UK and Canada, makes the Soviet Union look like a bastion of freedom.

Really? You're going to imply that gun ownership and self-protection in Australia is just like it is in the US?

I never argued it was so since that is the case I have no obligation to address what you said.

I made a simple statement that people in Australia can buy guns.

Forum List

Back