Anybody have PlayOn/PlayLater

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Because I'm considering getting it.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33153_7-57564666-10391733/get-playon-and-playlater-for-life-for-$59.99/

If you've ever thought seriously about cutting the cable-TV cord and saving yourself a big chunk of change every month, you've probably looked at PlayOn, a PC-based media server that lets you stream tons of TV content to just about any home and mobile device.

And if you love your Netflix and/or Hulu Plus subscriptions but don't always have an Internet connection for streaming their content, you need to know about PlayLater, which turns your PC into a DVR that can record those and other sources for later viewing.

All of which brings us to this deal: For a limited time, you can get lifetime licenses of both PlayOn and PlayLater for $59.99. Regular price for both: $129.99.

I've written about PlayOn before: It slings shows from your Windows PC to various devices, including tablets, smartphones, game consoles, media center boxes, and the like. It's akin to Roku, with your PC filling the role of "the box."

Also, does anybody know how I can get video that I downloaded on my computer onto the TV upstairs? Or is that even possible.

Because I'm considering getting it.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33153_7-57564666-10391733/get-playon-and-playlater-for-life-for-$59.99/

If you've ever thought seriously about cutting the cable-TV cord and saving yourself a big chunk of change every month, you've probably looked at PlayOn, a PC-based media server that lets you stream tons of TV content to just about any home and mobile device.

And if you love your Netflix and/or Hulu Plus subscriptions but don't always have an Internet connection for streaming their content, you need to know about PlayLater, which turns your PC into a DVR that can record those and other sources for later viewing.

All of which brings us to this deal: For a limited time, you can get lifetime licenses of both PlayOn and PlayLater for $59.99. Regular price for both: $129.99.

I've written about PlayOn before: It slings shows from your Windows PC to various devices, including tablets, smartphones, game consoles, media center boxes, and the like. It's akin to Roku, with your PC filling the role of "the box."

Also, does anybody know how I can get video that I downloaded on my computer onto the TV upstairs? Or is that even possible.

Never heard of these, thanks for the info.

Can you burn the video onto a dvd then play in back on the tv via a dvd player?

Or if it's on a pc and your tv has a usb port, you could plug the computer right into the tv's port?

Forum List

Back