Antwon Rose's Mom wants you to hear his poem

The officer that shot him is charged, and likely will go to jail.
It was a bad situation that could have been averted had the two teens simply cooperated.
So...why didn't they cooperate?
Well gee, they were driving a stolen car with two unregistered hand guns, loaded with extra ammunition in his pocket. One of the handguns is tied to several other crimes.
They would have likely went to jail for extended periods. So they ran.

Antwon Rose was a thug who would have likely committed murder on someone else by now.
Riding in a stolen car, with multiple loaded weapons and extra ammunition.... yeah....they weren't exactly on their way to a community volunteer group for a love in.

Get your facts straight - Antwon was an honors student. He was in the wrong car at the wrong time. He had an EMPTY clip in his pocket. The guns did not belong to him. Take your fake news elsewhere please.

Get over it guy.
He was a bad kid.
In fact, the fact the clip was empty makes it worse...where did the bullets go?
A good kid doesn't ride around in a stolen car, with two unregistered handguns, one connected to SEVERAL crimes, and when pulled over...bails out and runs.

How many times have you rode around in a stolen car?
Had possession of handguns used in several crimes?
Ran from the police to avoid lengthy jail term?

It was a bad situation that could have been averted had the two teens simply cooperated.
Well gee, they were driving a stolen car with two unregistered hand guns, loaded with extra ammunition in his pocket. One of the handguns is tied to several other crimes.

Antwon Rose was a thug who would have likely committed murder on someone else by now.
Riding in a stolen car, with multiple loaded weapons and extra ammunition.... yeah....they weren't exactly on their way to a community volunteer group for a love in.

Get your facts straight - Antwon was an honors student. He was in the wrong car at the wrong time. He had an EMPTY clip in his pocket. The guns did not belong to him. Take your fake news elsewhere please.

Get over it guy.
He was a bad kid.
A good kid doesn't ride around in a stolen car, with two unregistered handguns, one connected to SEVERAL crimes, and when pulled over...bails out and runs.

Yet a year or two ago, that "bad" kid had the same dreams as any of us do, and a real good brain, it seems, and the street got him because that is the situation he lives in. I've taught these kids. They are living in a war zone. It's not as simple as waking up one morning and saying "I guess I'll join a gang and go shoot someone today."
We lost another kid. We lose them everyday, whether they are still breathing or not. It should matter to all of us.

This is the part that gets me with the whole BLM movement.
The kid getting shot was a terrible thing, and apparently by what we know, was criminal and the officer will serve jail time for doing it if what we know is true.
But always-always-always glossing over the "victim's" culpability and being the main cause of the unfortunate circumstance. You look all over the net about this story and what you see would lead you to believe some completely innocent young man, minding his own business, was shot dead by a murderous-racist cop during a routine traffic stop. That is what you will read in many of these stories.

In the end, all this bullshit claims only furthers the divisions.

Get over it guy.
He was a bad kid.

Spare me the drivel ^

Antwon Rose, unarmed teen shot and killed by East Pittsburgh police, remembered as ‘a true joy’

This is the part that gets me with the whole BLM movement.
The kid getting shot was a terrible thing, and apparently by what we know, was criminal and the officer will serve jail time for doing it if what we know is true.
But always-always-always glossing over the "victim's" culpability and being the main cause of the unfortunate circumstance. You look all over the net about this story and what you see would lead you to believe some completely innocent young man, minding his own business, was shot dead by a murderous-racist cop during a routine traffic stop. That is what you will read in many of these stories.

In the end, all this bullshit claims only furthers the divisions.
That is not what I was saying. At all.

Get over it guy.
He was a bad kid.

Yet a year or two ago, that "bad" kid had the same dreams as any of us do, and a real good brain, it seems, and the street got him because that is the situation he lives in. I've taught these kids. They are living in a war zone. It's not as simple as waking up one morning and saying "I guess I'll join a gang and go shoot someone today."
We lost another kid. We lose them everyday, whether they are still breathing or not. It should matter to all of us.

I agree, but it is a self inflicted culture.
You have a culture of amorality, no accountability that glorifies anti-social behavior and criminal activity - what do you expect?
You had lousy, unforgivably bad liberal social policies of the 60's-70's whereby black people were packed in like sardines in public housing purposefully placed away from white neighborhoods and consequently - job opportunities...hand them free money/free rent/free food.... what did anyone really think was going to happen??? Of course this lead to the destruction and decay of them...how could it not?
But thirty years have past. Free education opportunities, job training etc. are theirs for the asking. But the failure rates are over 80%. And as long as the media and the left continue to beat the racism drums.... and encouraging no accountability of their race.... it will continue for another 30 years.

Written in 10th grade honors English class

I AM NOT WHAT YOU THINK!

by Antwon Rose
5/16/2016

I am confused and afraid
I wonder what path I will take
I hear that there’s only two ways out
I see mothers bury their sons
I want my mom to never feel that pain
I am confused and afraid

I pretend all is fine
I feel like I’m suffocating
I touch nothing so I believe all is fine
I worry that it isn’t, though
I cry no more
I am confused and afraid

I understand people believe I’m just a statistic
I say to them I’m different
I dream of life getting easier
I try my best to make my dream true
I hope that it does
I am confused and afraid

Antwon Rose's mother wants everybody to hear this poem
Charles Manson wrote poems too.

Yeah? - I got caught in a car with a guy who had a pound of weed in his trunk. It is possible for anyone to be in the wrong car at the wrong time.

Yeah? - I got caught in a car with a guy who had a pound of weed in his trunk. It is possible for anyone to be in the wrong car at the wrong time.
and I suppose anyone can put on the wrong pants too since Rose had a magazine for one of the illegal handguns in his pocket

Get over it guy.
He was a bad kid.

You have a culture of amorality, no accountability that glorifies anti-social behavior and criminal activity - what do you expect?
You had lousy, unforgivably bad liberal social policies of the 60's-70's whereby black people were packed in like sardines in public housing purposefully placed away from white neighborhoods and consequently - job opportunities...hand them free money/free rent/free food.... what did anyone really think was going to happen??? Of course this lead to the destruction and decay of them...how could it not?
But thirty years have past. Free education opportunities, job training etc. are theirs for the asking. But the failure rates are over 80%. And as long as the media and the left continue to beat the racism drums.... and encouraging no accountability of their race.... it will continue for another 30 years.
No, it isn't "self inflicted." And they're accountable alright--with their lives.
I don't know what the solution is. I think this thread is supposed to be about a dead kid.

I wrote a poem for Antwon's mom:

If you want to fly high,
Don't be involved in a drive-by.

Get over it guy.
He was a bad kid.

No, it isn't "self inflicted." And they're accountable alright--with their lives.
I don't know what the solution is. I think this thread is supposed to be about a dead kid.

This is my honest take.
Like most white people, who are not racist, we are tired of hearing the constant beating of the racism!-racism! drum.
It serves no purpose except to encourage the division among the races.
This story, believe it or not, isn't about the split second bullet that took a young man's life. It is about how did he get from being an honor roll student, to riding in a stolen car with loaded guns, tied to serious crimes...with a magazine for one of the guns in his pocket....HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?
What circumstances exist where so many young black males, just like him, turn them from being promising good kids - to this?
And what is being done to change this? As of now.... Nothing.

Everyone is looking at this wrong.

Yeah?
Did you have the pot in your pocket?
Did you bolt out of the car running away from the police?
Were there loaded handguns in the car laying in the floorboard beneath you tied to other crimes?

Didn't think so.

Forum List

Back