ANTIFA group at UT - Austin proposes "Law Enforcement Incineration Day"

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
if we lived in a world where common sense reigned; then these students would be rounded up and summarily expelled from school

but this is the University of Texas; where common sense was thrown out the window decades ago...

so let's tie this into an instance of liberal hysteria...

'Member when Trump was a racist because he said that ANTIFA folks were every bit as bad as any "white supremacists"???

I 'member...

truth is, Trump was correct (as is so often the case)

this goes beyond peaceful protest - criminal charges should be filed

any left wingers disagree?

if you do disagree; then answer this question honestly (for many of you, I know this will be difficult) - if a group of white folks called for "hang an uppity negro day" - would you support criminal charges?

:popcorn:

Anarchist college group calls for 'Law Enforcement Incineration Day'

The tweet – sent out by the Autonomous Student Network (ASN) at UT-Austin – states “Instead of #LawEnforcementAppreciationDay how about #LawEnforcementIncinerationDay” next to a photo of a French police officer engulfed in flames after being hit by a Molotov cocktail during last year’s May Day protests.

Instead of #LawEnforcementAppreciationDay how about #LawEnforcementIncinerationDay pic.twitter.com/L15GtcSCBF

— ASN Austin (@ASN_Austin) January 9, 2018
ASN-Austin describes itself as a pro-liberation, anti-capitalist “outlet for radical student activism.”

“We see the state as integral to all forms of domination, as it provides a means for ruling classes to enforce their will and protect their power and enforces the ability to render individuals or entire populations disposable,” the group states on its website. “We see police as an extension of this and refuse any negotiation with the cops.”

It stated: “We hope to proliferate new forms-of-life on campus that break with all systems of control. Spread Anarchy, Live Communism!”

1516143524632.jpg

:lol::lol:

God, you guys are a bunch of whiny little snowflakes.

what is whiny here?

should these statements (IE - let's incinerate police officers) constitute a hate crime?

if a group were to propose hanging black people, I suspect that type of charge would have a better chance of becoming reality

the problem is, these types of statements do not seem to garner any outrage from prominent leftists nor their allies in traditional media

my 2nd point, that Trump was unfairly maligned for lumping this type of group in with white racist groups, stands

what do you disagree with here?

and where do you see a whine?

if we lived in a world where common sense reigned; then these students would be rounded up and summarily expelled from school

but this is the University of Texas; where common sense was thrown out the window decades ago...

so let's tie this into an instance of liberal hysteria...

'Member when Trump was a racist because he said that ANTIFA folks were every bit as bad as any "white supremacists"???

I 'member...

truth is, Trump was correct (as is so often the case)

this goes beyond peaceful protest - criminal charges should be filed

any left wingers disagree?

if you do disagree; then answer this question honestly (for many of you, I know this will be difficult) - if a group of white folks called for "hang an uppity negro day" - would you support criminal charges?

:popcorn:

Anarchist college group calls for 'Law Enforcement Incineration Day'

The tweet – sent out by the Autonomous Student Network (ASN) at UT-Austin – states “Instead of #LawEnforcementAppreciationDay how about #LawEnforcementIncinerationDay” next to a photo of a French police officer engulfed in flames after being hit by a Molotov cocktail during last year’s May Day protests.

Instead of #LawEnforcementAppreciationDay how about #LawEnforcementIncinerationDay pic.twitter.com/L15GtcSCBF

— ASN Austin (@ASN_Austin) January 9, 2018
ASN-Austin describes itself as a pro-liberation, anti-capitalist “outlet for radical student activism.”

“We see the state as integral to all forms of domination, as it provides a means for ruling classes to enforce their will and protect their power and enforces the ability to render individuals or entire populations disposable,” the group states on its website. “We see police as an extension of this and refuse any negotiation with the cops.”

It stated: “We hope to proliferate new forms-of-life on campus that break with all systems of control. Spread Anarchy, Live Communism!”

1516143524632.jpg

Autonomous Student Network

Let's see how autonomous they are if they lose their student loans.

yeah advocating killing police with fire is exactally the same as getting offended over the use of a racial epithet....or talking about a groups diet

Free speech is free speech, and mindless emotional outrage is mindless emotional outrage.
No the two things are not equal.....
Go ahead threaten the president....see if you can use the ole free speech routine

yeah advocating killing police with fire is exactally the same as getting offended over the use of a racial epithet....or talking about a groups diet

Free speech is free speech, and mindless emotional outrage is mindless emotional outrage.
True Threats and the Limits of First Amendment Protection

Class dismissed

:lol:

Did you actually bother to read your link?

I don't think so, because it doesn't say what you think it does. A sign with a picture of a cop on fire is not a "true threat".

But then again, I'm not surprised that you don't understand the First Amendment.

Free speech does not include violent threats, tough guy
Correct

And my example is a fair one

If a student group was advocating for hanging black people, they would be hunted down and charged with a hate crime.

Why is this different and where is the outrage?

When will CNN and MSNBC demand action on this?

No the two things are not equal.....
Go ahead threaten the president....see if you can use the ole free speech routine

I know - it's different when you're the offended one.

True Threats and the Limits of First Amendment Protection

Class dismissed

Did you actually bother to read your link?

I don't think so, because it doesn't say what you think it does. A sign with a picture of a cop on fire is not a "true threat".

But then again, I'm not surprised that you don't understand the First Amendment.
This thread isn't about a sign.

Anymore spin in your pocket?

Forum List

Back