Anti Muslim Hysteria in the School. Parents Prefer Ignorance to Learning

Can you all please make up your mind about what is taught in schools. I thought schools were suppose to stick to the facts. These are beliefs and read exactly like a sunday school class would.
Teach the good and bad history of all religions and cultures. maybe bring up statistics of how not every Muslim is a terrorist.
I wouldn't care if it was taught, as long as others were given the same type of lesson, but delving into beliefs in a public school setting is a pretty slippery slope.

How does that particular lesson help to offset any hate against Muslims?:dunno:

Certainly.

Here is a historical fact for you, less than 1% of Nazi party members were directly involved in the Holocausts. Does that make Nazism "the Fascism of Peace?"

It is the CREED of a movement that sets the tone. Regardless of the fact that most Nazis did not engage in atrocities, the silent support of the Reich allowed such things to occur. Further, the foundation of Nazism was set forth in "Mein Kampf," no one can plead ignorance to what was advocated.

The same holds true with Islam. It is the silent acquiescence of Muslims in general that allow the atrocities, the daily atrocities to occur. Further, the stark evil that is Islam is well documented in the Koran and Hadiths, particularly Bukhari. No one who has studied Islam can claim that the intent of the creed is unclear, nor that ISIS is "perverting" the religion; quite the opposite.

Much of their creed has always been unclear to me and something Ive wanted to learn more about. Extremist pervert everything and I assumed it was the same with ISIS.

[

In most schools, students will have at least one year of World History.

I did not in high school. Globalism is much more popular now, so that may have changed. I did take a comparative religion class as part of my humanities requirement as an undergrad. To be honest, I was not terribly interested in it back then, in the late 70's. Islam was not a major focus, Hinduism and Buddhism were more the focus. Things changed when the 1st attack on the WTC by the blind sheik happened.

Knowledge is a great thing, but I've read Howard Zinn and much of what is foisted on students is not knowledge, rather the perversion of fact in the form of propaganda.

That zinn nonsense is not the core of most curricula.

Can you all please make up your mind about what is taught in schools. I thought schools were suppose to stick to the facts. These are beliefs and read exactly like a sunday school class would.
Teach the good and bad history of all religions and cultures. maybe bring up statistics of how not every Muslim is a terrorist.
I wouldn't care if it was taught, as long as others were given the same type of lesson, but delving into beliefs in a public school setting is a pretty slippery slope.

Certainly.

Here is a historical fact for you, less than 1% of Nazi party members were directly involved in the Holocausts. Does that make Nazism "the Fascism of Peace?"

It is the CREED of a movement that sets the tone. Regardless of the fact that most Nazis did not engage in atrocities, the silent support of the Reich allowed such things to occur. Further, the foundation of Nazism was set forth in "Mein Kampf," no one can plead ignorance to what was advocated.

The same holds true with Islam. It is the silent acquiescence of Muslims in general that allow the atrocities, the daily atrocities to occur. Further, the stark evil that is Islam is well documented in the Koran and Hadiths, particularly Bukhari. No one who has studied Islam can claim that the intent of the creed is unclear, nor that ISIS is "perverting" the religion; quite the opposite.

Much of their creed has always been unclear to me and something Ive wanted to learn more about. Extremist pervert everything and I assumed it was the same with ISIS.

The best way to learn about Islam is to read about the history of the life of Muhammad. Read the Koran, and read at least some of the Hadiths.

There will be those who claim that unless you speak Arabic you cannot know what is in the Koran, but that is garbage meant to keep the uninitiated from reading first hand what Islam is about.

Certainly.

The best way to learn about Islam is to read about the history of the life of Muhammad. Read the Koran, and read at least some of the Hadiths.

There will be those who claim that unless you speak Arabic you cannot know what is in the Koran, but that is garbage meant to keep the uninitiated from reading first hand what Islam is about.

That's not what they mean when they say that.

[

"A Peoples History of the United States" is the most used text for American History in the USA....

False

I appreciate how much effort you put into your response. Politifraud attacked Santorum, but the basis of their attack is that the Zinn book is ancillary material and not the primary text, which I clearly stated.

What I posted is fact. Try again.

[

"A Peoples History of the United States" is the most used text for American History in the USA....

False

I appreciate how much effort you put into your response. Politifraud attacked Santorum, but the basis of their attack is that the Zinn book is ancillary material and not the primary text, which I clearly stated.

What I posted is fact. ....

Then prove it.

There are only about 3 widely adopted US History text series, and that zinn crap ain't among them.

Hysteria strikes deep in the heart of New Jersey. Supposedly this is a liberal and enlightened state, but even here, the Anti-Muslim bigotry and propaganda has taken hold, largely due to the frenzy that has been wiped up by ( I refuse to say President) Trump and the complicacy of Fox News.
Islamic indoctrination in Chatham! A Fox News fantasy | Editorial

Selected excerpts:

Most Americans know little to nothing about Islam, polls have found, yet have a negative view of the faith. Most don't know any Muslims personally, and say they aren't interested, or don't know whether they want to learn more about the world's second-largest religion.
This is the challenge facing U.S. educators. And as if that weren't bad enough, among this happily ignorant population are some tin foil hats who actually believe their children are being indoctrinated into Islam, by our public schools. And Fox News is happy to put them on air, completely uncontested.

Two mothers from the New Jersey suburb of Chatham, Libby Hilsenrath and Nancy Gayer, recently went on Tucker Carlson's Fox show to complain that a simple cartoon that teaches about Islam is indoctrinating their 7th graders, in a story feverishly embraced by conservative media.
And what is behind this??

Reasons they are appalled: The cartoon teaches the five pillars of the faith: "The first pillar means to believe in God. And he is the only God. And the prophet Mohammed peace be upon him is his messenger." It ends with a kid accompanying his Muslim friend to watch him pray. And as homework, students had to fill in the blanks about Islamic beliefs: "There is no god but BLANK and BLANK is his messenger."

Other conservative outlets also ran wild with it, falsely claiming that Christianity is banned from being taught in Chatham schools.

The fact is that....

State law requires all major world religions to be taught by the eighth grade, from Christianity to Sikhism, as teaching staff later explained exhaustively at a packed school board meeting.

Children are not being indoctrinated! They are being taught about a religion. People need to have this knowledge in this modern, mobile and diverse world to overcome fear and ignorance.
One parent alleges that her some was not allowed to present information on his Christian beliefs because it was considered proselytizing." At the same time, she considers the instruction on Islam to be proselytizing."

Chatham Parents Question Emphasis on Islam in 7th Grade 'World Cultures and Geography" Class

However, there is no corroborating information to support the claim that Islam is being promoted of Christianity or given favorable treatment, except. But that does not stop the right wing media from making that claim:

The Chatham story has been extensively covered in conservative media like Breitbart, the far-right World Net Daily, and most prominently on Fox News. But it is has received little coverage in the mainstream press. The coverage on conservative outlets includes false allegations like Christianity is banned from being taught, and it often does not include comment from the district officials themselves.

Allegations of Islam Indoctrination in Schools Spread to New Jersey - NJ Spotlight

This has got to stop. The children are being caught up in the web of fear and ignorance, and being used as pawns in the war on Islam. The parents are afraid that they will develop an interest in another religion and -god forbid they want to purse it- it would be the end of the world and that is just as stupid as stupid gets.

Oh my Allah, you mean that you Marxists can't indoctrinate children with Islam as part of the public school curriculum, effectively establishing Islam as the official religion?

Well dayum, how will you ever end the culture of the hated white Christians if you can't pervert their children?

Tough times for you Stalinist thugs...
Sounds like you've gone off your meds again. You are clearly delusional and paranoid. Get help Sparky!!

I think they do need to know about other cultures. Rabbit out of a hat is magic, I understand the reference but you and I both know, whether it is right or wrong, religions play a huge role in people's cultural makeup. Religions should be taught without biased, and on an age appropriate level. In college kids should certainly learn the downfalls of religion, it's negative effects, its misinterpretations, its bigotry and violence.
I think they do need to know about other cultures.
Well, sure. At a certain age. If they want to learn about that shit, go to college. Public school should be basic. Math, English, History, literacy and skills. If they want to teach about religious history, fine. But that would pretty much only include violence unless you indoctrinate them with beliefs and faith. THATS what I am against.

It is taught in History, genius. What you seem to want is your own brand of prejudice and hate in the curriculum, and you are shit out of luck on that one.
By wanting religion out of school curriculum? LOL ok
Keeping religion out of education will breed fear and ignorance in younger generations. That is my belief. Like I said, studying religion is vital in understanding other cultures. Religion is part of our global history, a huge part. I don't think public schools should teach religion classes like catholic schools do.

Even catholic schools don't force anyone to be catholic.
Since you mentioned Catholic Schools, I have a friend who attended one-although decades ago. We were talking about this stuff recently. To my surprise, he had a course in comparative religions that covered all of the major religions. His recollecting is that it was objective and factual. Catholicism was not given any favorable treatment, nor was any other religion. He is now and atheist and will not step food in anybody's house of worship.

Well, sure. At a certain age. If they want to learn about that shit, go to college. Public school should be basic. Math, English, History, literacy and skills. If they want to teach about religious history, fine. But that would pretty much only include violence unless you indoctrinate them with beliefs and faith. THATS what I am against.

It is taught in History, genius. What you seem to want is your own brand of prejudice and hate in the curriculum, and you are shit out of luck on that one.
Keeping religion out of education will breed fear and ignorance in younger generations. That is my belief. Like I said, studying religion is vital in understanding other cultures. Religion is part of our global history, a huge part. I don't think public schools should teach religion classes like catholic schools do.

Since you mentioned Catholic Schools, I have a friend who attended one-although decades ago. We were talking about this stuff recently. To my surprise, he had a course in comparative religions that covered all of the major religions. His recollecting is that it was objective and factual. Catholicism was not given any favorable treatment, nor was any other religion. ..

That is still the case.

Since you mentioned Catholic Schools, I have a friend who attended one-although decades ago. We were talking about this stuff recently. To my surprise, he had a course in comparative religions that covered all of the major religions. His recollecting is that it was objective and factual. Catholicism was not given any favorable treatment, nor was any other religion. He is now and atheist and will not step food in anybody's house of worship.
Thats how my school was except that there was an actual religion class for christianity that felt similar

Since you mentioned Catholic Schools, I have a friend who attended one-although decades ago. We were talking about this stuff recently. To my surprise, he had a course in comparative religions that covered all of the major religions. His recollecting is that it was objective and factual. Catholicism was not given any favorable treatment, nor was any other religion. ..

That is still the case.
my catholic school did not have a comparative religions course, although it sounds awesome. They touched on many major religions in history class and had an actual religion class for catholicism.

And Trump is mutilating females in his own way

[Videos | The Huffington Post

When confronted with utter stupidity such as this you have to wonder how "people" like regressive parasite survive. It has to be in a basement with a lot of padding.

I hope who ever lowers his food down just stops.

deflect from the fact that your leader is a sexual predator. It's easier than defending him, huh?

The fact that you have to peddle such bullshit shows that you know that the truth wouldn't serve you.

No. The left wants to ban Christian teaching but allows Islam. Is that too tough for you?
You can repeat horseshit as many times as you want, but it is still nothing but warmed over horseshit

Immigrants doing jobs that Americans won't do, and adding to our cultural diversity.

Michigan Doctor Charged With Performing Female Genital Mutilation On Girls

Trump Signs Anti-Planned Parenthood Bill As Anti-Choice Activists Look On | Right Wing Watch

Naturally, Religious Right activists were thrilled by the measure targeting Planned Parenthood, apparently unconcerned about the fact that it will block low-income patients’ access to health care. Trump even invited top right-wing activists to the Oval Office to watch him sign the legislation.

Videos | The Huffington Post

If you could ban Trump and Trump supporters from immigrating to this nation, thus containing and restricting the growth of their political power and them being a part of your future cultural fusion, would you do it?
Unfortunately trump and his chimpanzees are home grown terrorists. They aren't being imported from anywhere.

Are you too stupid to realize that "if" meant I was asking a hypothetical, or too cowardly to answer truthfully because you realize that you would be admitting the cause for a Muslim Ban?

Also, screw you.

You can repeat horseshit as many times as you want, but it is still nothing but warmed over horseshit

Immigrants doing jobs that Americans won't do, and adding to our cultural diversity.

Michigan Doctor Charged With Performing Female Genital Mutilation On Girls

Trump Signs Anti-Planned Parenthood Bill As Anti-Choice Activists Look On | Right Wing Watch

Naturally, Religious Right activists were thrilled by the measure targeting Planned Parenthood, apparently unconcerned about the fact that it will block low-income patients’ access to health care. Trump even invited top right-wing activists to the Oval Office to watch him sign the legislation.

Videos | The Huffington Post

If you could ban Trump and Trump supporters from immigrating to this nation, thus containing and restricting the growth of their political power and them being a part of your future cultural fusion, would you do it?
Unfortunately trump and his chimpanzees are home grown terrorists. They aren't being imported from anywhere.

Are you too stupid to realize that "if" meant I was asking a hypothetical, or too cowardly to answer truthfully because you realize that you would be admitting the cause for a Muslim Ban?

Also, screw you.

He's pretty stupid.

Also, screw you.

There isn't a brain cell functioning between those 2 lunatics..

I am not joking when I declare that the world would be a better place if such vapid drones had been sucked out of the womb by Kermit Gosnell. They aren't just worthless, they reduce the quality of life for the rest of the citizens who have to pay for their crack pot programs, or suffer the consequences of their refusal to enforce certain laws like immigration, or keeping violent felons locked up.

Now they want everyone to ignore the deliberate attempts and successes of jihadist zealots to kill innocent people all over the world because it's "islamophobic" to acknowledge reality. You want people to stop looking at your cult with suspicion and contempt?

Here's an idea.....

STOP BOMBING SHIT!!!

As far as the moonbats are concerned achmed would much prefer to get his hands on a disarmed pantywaist like Regressive Parasite or Airhead, who ridicule the existence of God, as well as any of the morality exercised by believers. He damn sure doesn't want to engage in a gunfight with anyone like me.

Forum List

Back