Anti-jihad 'savage' ads going up in NYC subway

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
As violent protests over an anti-Islamic film ridiculing the Prophet Mohammed sweep over much of the Muslim world, a conservative blogger's provocative ad equating Muslim radicals with savages is set to go up in the city's subway system.

Pamela Geller, who once headed a campaign against an Islamic center near the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attack site won a court order to post the ad in 10 subway stations next Monday. The ad reads, "In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man. Support Israel. Defeat Jihad."

The ad was plastered on San Francisco city buses in recent weeks, prompting some artists to deface the ads and remove some of the words, including "Jihad," or holy war. Geller said she filed suit Thursday in the US capital to post the ad in Washington's transit system after officials declined to put up the ad in light of the uproar in the Middle East over the anti-Islam film.

Abdul Yasar, a New York subway rider who considers himself an observant Muslim, said Geller's ad was insensitive in an unsettling climate for Muslims.

"If you don't want to see what happened in Libya and Egypt after the video - maybe not so strong here in America - you shouldn't put this up," Yasar said.

But "if this is a free country, they have the right to do this," he said. "And then Muslims have the right to put up their own ad."

Absolutely.

"If it's not a film it's a cartoon, if it's not a cartoon it's a teddy bear," she said. "What are you going to do? Are you going to reward Islamic extremism? I will not sacrifice my freedom so as not to offend savages."

No one should ask her to.

Anti-jihad 'savage' ads going up in NYC subway - Israel News, Ynetnews

As violent protests over an anti-Islamic film ridiculing the Prophet Mohammed sweep over much of the Muslim world, a conservative blogger's provocative ad equating Muslim radicals with savages is set to go up in the city's subway system.

Pamela Geller, who once headed a campaign against an Islamic center near the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attack site won a court order to post the ad in 10 subway stations next Monday. The ad reads, "In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man. Support Israel. Defeat Jihad."

The ad was plastered on San Francisco city buses in recent weeks, prompting some artists to deface the ads and remove some of the words, including "Jihad," or holy war. Geller said she filed suit Thursday in the US capital to post the ad in Washington's transit system after officials declined to put up the ad in light of the uproar in the Middle East over the anti-Islam film.

Abdul Yasar, a New York subway rider who considers himself an observant Muslim, said Geller's ad was insensitive in an unsettling climate for Muslims.

"If you don't want to see what happened in Libya and Egypt after the video - maybe not so strong here in America - you shouldn't put this up," Yasar said.

But "if this is a free country, they have the right to do this," he said. "And then Muslims have the right to put up their own ad."

Absolutely.

"If it's not a film it's a cartoon, if it's not a cartoon it's a teddy bear," she said. "What are you going to do? Are you going to reward Islamic extremism? I will not sacrifice my freedom so as not to offend savages."

Doesnt seem like a good idea to me...the native people of America used to be called 'savages' and other nasty names...when their land was being stolen :eusa_whistle:

Absolutely.

The courts have decided that this is a freedom of speech issue and they have decided also that the ad is not hate speech, therefore as repugnant as the language is I support the courts decision. The ads should go up but we better hear no objection when equally insulting ads are placed againsts Israelis.

The courts have decided that this is a freedom of speech issue and they have decided also that the ad is not hate speech, therefore as repugnant as the language is I support the courts decision. The ads should go up but we better hear no objection when equally insulting ads are placed againsts Israelis.

Objecting is an exercise in free speech, so you're not making sense.

Absolutely.

27135249.jpg

Absolutely.

Doesnt seem like a good idea to me...the native people of America used to be called 'savages' and other nasty names...when their land was being stolen :eusa_whistle:
Except Palestinians aren't natives of the land you fucking idiot. They are invaders from neighboring Arab lands. In fact they started calling themselves "Palestinians" as of 1967.

Objecting is an exercise in free speech, so you're not making sense.

you know what he means. stop acting stupidly.

Except Palestinians aren't natives of the land you fucking idiot. They are invaders from neighboring Arab lands. In fact they started calling themselves "Palestinians" as of 1967.

lolol...it's a bus ad, not a history book.

and you're wrong.

anyone want to suggest ACCEPTABLE VS NON ACCEPTABLE ads?

it should be noted that in many muslim countries -----a sign saying JESUS SAVES would be illegal and even BLASPHEMOUS and prosecuted as a CRIME
In some muslim countries----handing a bible to anyone is a crime and OFFENSIVE TO ISLAM
I have seen signs saying READ YOUR KORAN DAILY is that one ok?

Absolutely.

i think someone should put up ads next to these ads with arrows pointing to the ads and saying "the woman behind this ad is jewish and these signs are funded by jewish money."

Absolutely.

i think someone should put up ads next to these ads with arrows pointing to the ads and saying "the woman behind this ad is jewish and these signs are funded by jewish money."

How is that relevant?

Muslims building a mosque at GROUND ZERO in Manhattan want to name the place CORDOBA HOUSE--------I think that the front of the bulding should be required by law to record the fact of DEADLY POGROMS enacted by muslims in CORDOBA and the fact that muslims inposed a CONVERT TO ISLAM OR DIE edict there and that MAIMONIDES who was born there------fled to save his life leaving dead colleagues behind and then did a FAKE CONVERSION TO ISLAM again in order to save his life-----and later wrote extenisvely on the subject as how jews can survive the FILTH OF ISLAM -----interestingly enough----the founders of the idiot mosque seem to believe CORDOBA was a wonderful example of "TOLERANT ISLAM"

If they want to do third grade name calling and make fools of themselves...well...it is a free country.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX-tpLH66S4]Be On Our Side.mov - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9sx-3r8yMVc]YouTube - Pamela Geller on CNN: Erin Burnett cuts segment at Hamas-CAIR description, AUDIO secretly taped[/ame]

How is that relevant?

how is it not?

Is it also relevant to say that Obama's campaign is being run by a Jew, Axelrod, and is funded by Jewish money?

if you cannot understand the differeence between the two, i am not about to explain it to you.

i imagine it is relevant and if people want to pay for such ads, they are welcome to. i have no problem with it.

i'm certainly concerned about campaign finance reform.

Absolutely.

You have that right here in America, Princess, and I believe Gellar's language is incitement and unnecessary. Common courtesy dictates it is not suitable for a train station. It belongs on a message board.

Absolutely.

27135249.jpg
Comments by Pat Condell

A word to rioting Muslims - YouTube

Forum List

Back