Anti-Abortion Billboard in Atlanta: "Black Children are an endangered species."

Cite your source.

Go prove me wrong

OK, you're wrong, here's the proof. Abortion Statistics by U.S. State, Race, Age and Worldwide Statistics Group & Race

White abortions 60%
Black abortions 34%

Those stats are over 12 years old, here's some stats more recent.

According to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, more than 43 percent of African-Ameri-
can pregnancies end in abortion. Although African-Americans represent
only 12 percent of the American population, they account for almost 35 per-
cent of all abortions. In Mississippi, for example, while African-Americans rep-
resent only 37 percent of the population, they account for 73 percent of the state’s
abortions. More than 78 percent of Planned Parenthood’s abortion centers
are in or near minority communities.

Powered by Google Docs

Go prove me wrong

OK, you're wrong, here's the proof. Abortion Statistics by U.S. State, Race, Age and Worldwide Statistics Group & Race

White abortions 60%
Black abortions 34%

According to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, more than 43 percent of African-Ameri-
cent of all abortions.
In Mississippi, for example, while African-Americans rep-
resent only 37 percent of the population, they account for 73 percent of the state’s

Powered by Google Docs

So about the same according to those stats.

And I don't think nitpicking Mississippi draws a fair picture of the situation to be honest.

i don't see why doggy thinks this ad is outrageous....is it because it features a black baby? i think this thread shows latent racism from dogbert....the ad is meant to provoke, the issue of abortion is provoking and apparently dogbert thinks black people can't have opinions or a say in abortion matters as he finds the ad so outrageous you just can't make it up

since you have yet to actually address the reasons i believe you exhibit latent racism....i'll post them again and see if you can actually tell me why i am wrong, instead of bringing up threads from weeks ago in which you harbor delusional thoughts of grandeur.

i won't hold my breath and i eagerly await your usual accusation of following you around a public message board, given maybe only 1% of my posts are to you....

Go prove me wrong

White abortions 60%
Black abortions 34%

cent of all abortions. In Mississippi, for example, while African-Americans rep-

Powered by Google Docs

The Rabbi is still wrong though. He claimed that:
....Anyway, it is true that far more black babies are aborted every year than white babies.....

Which, like many things The Rabbi says, is incorrect.

No, what I said was correct.
It depends.
If you want to count the number as a percentage of pregnancies. If you want to count an absolute number. If you want to count percentage in the population.
They are all kinds of ways that can be a true statement. There are also ways it can be a false statement.
But what is true is that abortion in the black community is a problem.

No, what I said was correct.
It depends.
If you want to count the number as a percentage of pregnancies. If you want to count an absolute number. If you want to count percentage in the population.
They are all kinds of ways that can be a true statement. There are also ways it can be a false statement.
But what is true is that abortion in the black community is a problem.

Well, as you said to me in another thread:
Then say that.
Sloppy wording represents sloppy thinking.

My wording was fine. Your comprehension is poor. Which we established already in the tax cutting thread.
Now let's see you blame me for your poor comprehension.

I want to hear one conservative here say that it's a problem in America that black women on welfare, or black teenage girls,

are not having enough babies.

One!!!! (who really believes it)

would I rather pay for social services for life or support aborting that life?

That is a toughy. I admit it.

Why can't they use birth control and pay for their own shit? Maybe that's a better thought.

I want to hear one conservative here say that it's a problem in America that black women on welfare, or black teenage girls,

I want to hear one liberal say the fact that however many black pregnancies end in abortion is a good thing.

The fact that we have safe legal abortion in this country is not a good thing, it's a great thing.

i think it's pretty racist of you to assume that all black women who have abortions are on welfare, but please continue to waltz that particular strawwoman around.

i find it amuses me.

Since I didn't say that, that would make it your strawman.

Controversial? The left has been advocating abortion for the past 100 years to take care of the "weaker races" as they put it. Why the heck do you think they are so pro-abortion? Eugenics has always been a main platform of the left wing of American politics. They, of course, have gone quite a bit underground in this idea since Hitler, but the foundation is still there. Anyone who has studied modern history understand this.

Controversial? The left has been advocating abortion for the past 100 years to take care of the "weaker races" as they put it. Why the heck do you think they are so pro-abortion? Eugenics has always been a main platform of the left wing of American politics. They, of course, have gone quite a bit underground in this idea since Hitler, but the foundation is still there. Anyone who has studied modern history understand this.

You're painting with a broad brush here, one that I doubt you'll be able to justify. Explain what "foundation" of eugenics is currently active in what you deem "leftist" thought?

It will get attention, but I doubt it will solve the problem of abortions being used as birth control. One of the main reasons is because black fathers are an endangered species.

There's plenty of black fathers.....they're just a little short on black husbands that stick around long enough to help raise the kids.

70% of all blacks are born out of wedlock. This should be the number one issue that leaders should be harping on....instead of blaming black poverty on rich white folks. Encourage fathers to stay with the family instead running around chasing tail and getting in trouble.

Abortion was outlawed in this country in the 19th century in no small part because of intense lobbying by conservative Protestants who feared the wave of southern and eastern European Catholic (anti-abortion) immigrants, with their high birthrates, were going to overrun the country.

How many prominent figures from the American left can you name who expressly advocated eugenics through abortion?

Remember how the Reverend Wright got called a racist, among other things, for his claims about AIDS being a plot to perpetrate genocide on black America?

Say no more...

Last edited:
Aborting black babies was a goal of planed parenthood founder Margaret Sanger.
What a pile of shit.

This is what the anti-abortion people were doing to Sanger then and they are still doing it to her now.

They are painting her as a racist, because that's ALL they can do. They are against all she stands for and the ONLY way they can appeal to the people they need to is to paint her as what they are, or, in the worst possible light, because if Sanger wins, THEY lose.

They had nor have no choice but to attack the loudest, most profound historical voice in the reproductive rights movement. In context of the age, eugenics in plants, animals and people *was* a contemporary topic.

Read the actual articles of the day. Papers had much content in them about it.
Remember, you are looking at it through the spy-glass time perspective.
It seems appalling to us today, of course.

You must look at it through the lens of the early century - WWI, the pandemic of 1918, which killed over 20 million people (imagine that!) , the mind-bending poverty of the worldwide depression, etc
... Sanger herself had a mother who had 18 pregnancies and 11 live births, she was a midwife in the poorest parts of NYC. Birth control was illegal. She also knew that as it was, as it shall always ever be: rich women could and DID seek easy, safe abortions. It was the poor who died from them. She saved many more lives than you care to even think about, but to you and your brethren before you, they were 'tainted' women, so they don't count. (Guess what, some of them are your grandmothers.)

Well, I'm here to say they do. Sanger is honored as one of this world's 100 Most Influential Women today and the anti-choice people are still trying to turn her into the devil. Guess what? She won. You lost.

The whole purpose for the creation of Planned Parenthood by Sanger in 1921 was to eliminate the "undesirable" black population. The billboard is right on, right on.

The whole purpose for the creation of Planned Parenthood by Sanger in 1921 was to eliminate the "undesirable" black population. The billboard is right on, right on.

I think it was more to deal with all of the women that were putting themselves in the hands of unlicensed butchers just to keep from being a total outcast in their communities.

Forum List

Back