Another white male hetero....geesh!

So was it his whiteness, maleness, or heterosexuality that caused this crime? Or did the gun do it?
Feel free to excuse him......doesn't surprise me.
Who’s excusing it? You’re just exposing your hostility toward the objects of your own bigotry.
Awwww...looks like white male heteros don't like it when their own murderers are called out. Why aren't you guys doing something about it?

So was it his whiteness, maleness, or heterosexuality that caused this crime? Or did the gun do it?
Who’s excusing it? You’re just exposing your hostility toward the objects of your own bigotry.
Awwww...looks like white male heteros don't like it when their own murderers are called out. Why aren't you guys doing something about it?
Do these murderers belong to 'us'? Which guys should be doing what? Do we 'own' these murders? Dang..seems like you're just like the rest of the trolls...I'm dashed.
You do know that this is the same logic that the mouth-breathers use when they blame the Blacks for crime in Chicago? Why don't the Blacks DO something about it?--they whine, gleefully.

How does it feel to be ethically equivalent to such trash?

BTW...men have been killing their families since the dawn of time...for various reasons. The Patriarchy even takes note of the commonality of such killings by often assigning less worth to the life of a wife or child. Historically speaking, if you're interested. In world history..there is no data to indicate that white men kill any more or less. But don't be confused with facts...hold your agenda close...I hope it comforts you..in some way.

All murderers should be called out. Now let's see you talk about the rampant murders in black communities, or do you only complain about white people?

Usually, USMB functions as a poster board for anyone wanting to announce that a black, a Muslim, an "illegal," or an LGBT has committed a heinous crime, even if others have committed the same or worse. There is always a picture of the perp to drive the point home. It seems like it is the straight white guys who are pushing this sort of crap, and the OP did a good thing in pointing out the hypocracy.

The assertion that this guy was not heterosexual is especially off the wall. He had two kids of his own, which implies his participation in several heterosexual acts, he was living with a woman, who also had two kids, and he killed all of them, except the woman was able to get away.

There is only talk of mental illness when a straight white guy is the perp, as black, brown, Muslim, and LGBTs can't be mentally ill.
It seems like there have been a lot of straight white guys massacring their families, though.

This is an awful tragedy, and the families must be beside themselves. There is nothing that can make it un-happen.
Hmmm..you are correct, of course, as the the usual suspects being of a race or sexual orientation that fits the poster's agenda.
I disagree with the tactic of doing the exact same thing..as some kind of 'pointing out of hypocrisy'. If you wish the moral and ethical high ground..your actions must be better than your opponents..not the same as.

'Seems like'..is not really a very cogent term, now is it? I did a quick crawl...and adjusting for population percentages....it would appear that 'straight white guys' do commit most of these crimes:
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/230412.pdf
Same link..non pdf Men Who Murder Their Families: What the Research Tells Us | National Institute of Justice

Anna D. Wolf Chair and professor at JHU's School of Nursing, discussed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Violent Death Reporting System. Of the 408 homicide-suicide cases, most perpetrators were men (91 percent) and most used a gun (88 percent). A 12-city study that Campbell conducted of these cases found that intimate-partner violence had previously occurred in 70 percent of them. Interestingly, only 25 percent of prior domestic violence appeared in the arrest records, according to Campbell. Researchers uncovered much of the prior domestic violence through interviews with family and friends of the homicide victims. "Prior domestic violence is by far the number-one risk factor in these cases," Campbell said.
She also explained that most people who commit murder-suicide are non-Hispanic white males who kill their mates or former mates. Prior domestic violence is the greatest risk factor in these cases. Access to a gun is a significant risk factor, as are threats with a weapon, a stepchild in the home or estrangement. However, a past criminal history is not a reliable or significant predictor in murder-suicide.

In the aftermath of a family murder followed by a suicide, communities, police, researchers and others search for explanations. In difficult financial times, it may be natural to look for economic influences, especially when the killer has recently lost a job or has enormous financial problems. Campbell found that unemployment was a significant risk factor for murder-suicide but only when combined with a history of domestic violence. In other words, it was not a risk factor in and of itself but was something that tipped the scale following previous abuse.

Adams, author of Why Do They Kill? Men Who Murder Their Intimate Partners, offered his perspective based on years of research and experience working with domestic violence cases. His comments focused mostly on guns and jealousy in these violent crimes. When we consider prevention, guns are essentially the "low-hanging fruit," he suggested. He cited research, similar to Campbell's data, showing that 92 percent of murder-suicides involved a gun in a sample of 591 cases.

If you wished to make the point...here is the point. BTW..it does appear if the presence of a gun in the house is an aggravating factor.--however..is this about the gun/ Or is it a disturbed person always making sure to have one handy?

Also of note..it seems the presence of a step child is a common factor as well.

Now, had the op led with this...and a link to the current case--I'd have been on board..provisionally.

At the very least, this suggests that the argument that those of color..LGBT...do not commit the bulk of these crimes. Still..one would have to research the percentages as relates to the specific populations...how many gays kill their partners..as relates to total numbers of gay relationships, etc..

Too much work for me...I don't really care about this issue all that much.

I am at a loss as how to deal with this nonsense. I have done a lot of thinking on this, and have come to realize that there is no logical reasoning with these people. Some times it takes a verbal 2x4. I'm old enough to remember a time when things were, at least for whites, polite and gracious. Having all these whites come out a reveal themselves to be foul-mouthed people one would not have in one's home is very unnerving.

Thank you, though, for a very interesting article. I find this topic truly upsetting. With the growth of guns, this crime is just made easier.

BTW: I once had to sneak into the house of a relative and relieve him of his guns, knowing that he was mentally ill and untreated, and loved his guns. I did it after the doctors told me that I could not prove that he was a "danger to self or others," an impossible standard, and on the advise of counsel. I did it to prevent a suicide by cop and some poor village patrol officer having to live the rest of his life knowing that he shot someone. He's so much better now on meds and a supervised program. He even understands why I did it.It's amazing what a couple of tiny little pills can do to alter the functioning of the human brain.
I get it, I do. I'm as prone as the next guy to roll around in the mud with some fool. But...I will not resort to the same tactics I abhor in others..my own sense of integrity stands in my way. To mindlessly bash White males is asinine---and gives your opposition easy victory--as you are on their ground...and they are happy to get you there.

You wish to hit them with a 2x4..well and good--but these folks..they live in a lumberyard..they speak fluent 2x4. Engage on an intellectual level..with a sure set of facts..and they are reduced to attacking your sources..and ridiculous false equivalencies in order to sustain some parity. You will win..more often than not. But you will never change most folks here..never. They will not get IT..because they don't believe that there is an IT to get. Period.

How do you know he was Heterosexual. Just as likely he was a closeted Homosexual. Unless you have some test, then you can't know.

Oh, wait
You mean his having a girlfriend and two of the kids HE MURDERED being his?

But leave it to trumpanzees to try to peg him as gay. That's a closeted move.

I knew two guys that both had four kids each and in the end they were both gay...

Because you had kids and been with women does not mean someone can not be gay...

You know this...

Personally? I would be filing suit against the dept. Waiting for hours upon hours when 4 defenseless children were in there, is worse than waiting a short time to go into Parkland. I’m really pissed. It matters not his skin color.
Perhaps SWAT couldn’t get a clean head shot on the perp?

This thread shows that liberals hate heterosexual, white males.

Idiot...who elected the OP as spokesperson for all Liberals, U.S.?

This thread shows that The Left and the Right are united...in some of their members behaving in exactly the same way..troll-like.

It would appear that idiocy transcends political and cultural affiliation!

All murderers should be called out. Now let's see you talk about the rampant murders in black communities, or do you only complain about white people?
Ah.....look at you. :71:

Perhaps, like most liberals on this board, he is delusional and psychotic over Trump as President? Perhaps he didn’t want his kids to live in a world with Trump as President? We’ve seen Antifa violence. We’ve seen Madonna say she wants to blowup the White House. We’ve seen BLM riots and burning of own neighborhoods. So perhaps he is just another violent and psychotic liberal.

This thread shows that The Left and the Right are united...in some of their members behaving in exactly the same way..troll-like.

No...he/she is just a typical Obama supporter.

Perhaps, like most liberals on this board, he is delusional and psychotic over Trump as President? Perhaps he didn’t want his kids to live in a world with Trump as President? We’ve seen Antifa violence. We’ve seen Madonna say she wants to blowup the White House. We’ve seen BLM riots and burning of own neighborhoods. So perhaps he is just another violent and psychotic liberal.
Deflections galore!

No...he/she is just a typical Obama supporter.
Huh? What does Obama have to do with anything? Or is it considered 'de rigueur' to insert his name into any argument?

Can I expect a Hillary name-drop in the next few posts...ROTFL!

Deflections galore!
Finally caught one, did you? Have fun, I guess.

Ah.....look at you. :71:
Thank you for proving my point about you being a racist.

Forum List

Back