Another Trump Failure: Coal Mining Jobs Are Not Coming Back

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
As Trump vowed to resurrect the coal industry and mining jobs in remarks at the Environmental Protection Agency, he promised to increase production of the resource that experts say is killing them. “We will unlock job producing natural gas, oil and shale energy. We will produce American coal to power American industry.”

The IEEFA disagreed. “Promises to create more coal jobs will not be kept — indeed the industry will continue to cut payrolls,” the group said in its 2017 U.S. Coal Outlook. “These losses will be related in part to the coal industry’s long-term business model of producing more coal with fewer workers.”

The industry has a fundamental problem it has not addressed even as businesses fail, the IEEFA said: “Too many companies are still mining too much coal for too few customers.”

Trump promised to bring back coal jobs. That promise ‘will not be kept,’ experts say.

Americans need to be freed from coal mines and given opportunities in training programs to prepare for the jobs of the 21st Century, not attempt to resuscitate a dying industry of the 18th Century.

As Trump vowed to resurrect the coal industry and mining jobs in remarks at the Environmental Protection Agency, he promised to increase production of the resource that experts say is killing them. “We will unlock job producing natural gas, oil and shale energy. We will produce American coal to power American industry.”

The IEEFA disagreed. “Promises to create more coal jobs will not be kept — indeed the industry will continue to cut payrolls,” the group said in its 2017 U.S. Coal Outlook. “These losses will be related in part to the coal industry’s long-term business model of producing more coal with fewer workers.”

The industry has a fundamental problem it has not addressed even as businesses fail, the IEEFA said: “Too many companies are still mining too much coal for too few customers.”

Trump promised to bring back coal jobs. That promise ‘will not be kept,’ experts say.

Americans need to be freed from coal mines and given opportunities in training programs to prepare for the jobs of the 21st Century, not attempt to resuscitate a dying industry of the 18th Century.

It is putting people back to work. Training is too late for some. We need to encourage education and not abandon viable employment while people can still get paychecks. The market will take care of coal.

Automation, robotics, and the global economy prevent the jobs from coming back.

Retraining in other field is the only reasonable answer.

Even coal executives admit the jobs aren't coming back.
Top US coal boss Robert Murray: Trump 'can't bring mining jobs back'

Do you even bother to read your own link?

Trump’s election has been a boon to coal, said Murray, after what he sees as Obama’s attempts to destroy the industry. But he has also warned the president he should “temper” expectations for jobs growth in the industry.

“I would not say it’s a good time in the coal industry. It’s a better time,” he said.

“Politically it’s much better. Barack Obama and his Democrat supporters were the greatest destroyers the United States of America has ever seen in its history. He destroyed reliable electric power in America, he destroyed low-cost electric power in America, and he attempted to totally destroy the United States coal industry.”

Trump’s election has been a boon to coal, said Murray, after what he sees as Obama’s attempts to destroy the industry. But he has also warned the president he should “temper” expectations for jobs growth in the industry.

“I would not say it’s a good time in the coal industry. It’s a better time,” he said.

“Politically it’s much better. Barack Obama and his Democrat supporters were the greatest destroyers the United States of America has ever seen in its history. He destroyed reliable electric power in America, he destroyed low-cost electric power in America, and he attempted to totally destroy the United States coal industry.”

KM didn't write the headline. And he is still correct...

Why was Obama so determined to destroy an industry that was dead anyway? Good Allah you 'tards can't reason.

Now the MARKET gets to decide, not the Demonrat Party!

KM didn't write the headline. And he is still correct...

Bull shit..... You can't handle Trump reversing the war on coal, jobs will come back ...we have more coal then we know what to do with

Politically it’s much better. Barack Obama and his Democrat supporters were the greatest destroyers the United States of America has ever seen in its history. He destroyed reliable electric power in America, he destroyed low-cost electric power in America, and he attempted to totally destroy the United States coal industry.”
Electricity from coal is the cheapest form of electricity. Expensive electricity is a huge burden on the poor. Why do the democrats hate the poor and women and children?!

Why was Obama so determined to destroy an industry that was dead anyway? Good Allah you 'tards can't reason.

Now the MARKET gets to decide, not the Demonrat Party!

Don't look dead to me

energy-pie.jpg

[
Bull shit..... You can't handle Trump reversing the war on coal, jobs will come back ...we have more coal then we know what to do with

Um, not my point. You were insinuating that KM didn't read his link and that it was wrong. It wasn't. That was my only point.

As for coal. It sucks.

It appears you didn't read what coal's top dog said. That is very, very apparent.
And then there's:
Why the U.S. Coal Industry and Its Jobs Are Not Coming Back
Ever try living in reality, instead of your daily talking points?

What talking points? Like I was born last night and not in 1965?

Like I am not aware of the 30 plus year war on coal.... The left took a cheap product and tried to destroy it by forcing it to be overpriced through laws and regulations...

That's the facts

[

Um, not my point. You were insinuating that KM didn't read his link and that it was wrong. It wasn't. That was my only point.

As for coal. It sucks.

He didn't read it, he just googled the headline and thought it was cute.

"met" coal, metallurgical coal for making steel is already on an upswing. Two reasons, regulations are being scaled back and China decreased their own production so US met coal is in demand.

I doubt it will return to it's former self but it's rebounding. Ramsco opened a new mine and plans to open two more this year Corsa plans to start operations in May.

The new mines opening goes directly to Trump's credit, under Obama opening a new mine was next to impossible.

It is putting people back to work. Training is too late for some. We need to encourage education and not abandon viable employment while people can still get paychecks. The market will take care of coal.
But its not though. Didnt you read what the people in the industry are saying?

Forum List

Back