Another Trump Failure: Coal Mining Jobs Are Not Coming Back

Even coal executives admit the jobs aren't coming back.
Top US coal boss Robert Murray: Trump 'can't bring mining jobs back'

Do you even bother to read your own link?

Trump’s election has been a boon to coal, said Murray, after what he sees as Obama’s attempts to destroy the industry. But he has also warned the president he should “temper” expectations for jobs growth in the industry.

“I would not say it’s a good time in the coal industry. It’s a better time,” he said.

“Politically it’s much better. Barack Obama and his Democrat supporters were the greatest destroyers the United States of America has ever seen in its history. He destroyed reliable electric power in America, he destroyed low-cost electric power in America, and he attempted to totally destroy the United States coal industry.”

It appears you didn't read what coal's top dog said. That is very, very apparent.
And then there's:
Why the U.S. Coal Industry and Its Jobs Are Not Coming Back
Ever try living in reality, instead of your daily talking points?

What talking points? Like I was born last night and not in 1965?

Like I am not aware of the 30 plus year war on coal.... The left took a cheap product and tried to destroy it by forcing it to be overpriced through laws and regulations...

That's the facts
Didn't read the linked study, did you.
OK, let's try an energy industry thoughts:

Cheap Natural Gas To Spark Another Wave Of Coal Plant Retirements | OilPrice.com

As Trump vowed to resurrect the coal industry and mining jobs in remarks at the Environmental Protection Agency, he promised to increase production of the resource that experts say is killing them. “We will unlock job producing natural gas, oil and shale energy. We will produce American coal to power American industry.”

The IEEFA disagreed. “Promises to create more coal jobs will not be kept — indeed the industry will continue to cut payrolls,” the group said in its 2017 U.S. Coal Outlook. “These losses will be related in part to the coal industry’s long-term business model of producing more coal with fewer workers.”

The industry has a fundamental problem it has not addressed even as businesses fail, the IEEFA said: “Too many companies are still mining too much coal for too few customers.”

Trump promised to bring back coal jobs. That promise ‘will not be kept,’ experts say.

Americans need to be freed from coal mines and given opportunities in training programs to prepare for the jobs of the 21st Century, not attempt to resuscitate a dying industry of the 18th Century.

It is putting people back to work. Training is too late for some. We need to encourage education and not abandon viable employment while people can still get paychecks. The market will take care of coal.
But its not though. Didnt you read what the people in the industry are saying?

Yup we live in a world of instantaneous gratification... From threads of trump is worse president ever to jobs not coming back to coal mine jobs coming back

Newsflash trumps only been president for 3 months, the war on coal is over 30 years old... It takes time to change course and recover from the damage liberals has caused the business sector..

The market has already decided on coal. It was frakking and natural gas that doomed coal, not solar or alternative.

A major electricity plant in Southern Pennsylvania switched from coal to natural gas a few years ago, and it sits in the heart of Coal Country. So what does that tell you?

They've been warning for years. This is 2015:

How Fracking Is Fueling A Power Shift From Coal To Gas

As Trump vowed to resurrect the coal industry and mining jobs in remarks at the Environmental Protection Agency, he promised to increase production of the resource that experts say is killing them. “We will unlock job producing natural gas, oil and shale energy. We will produce American coal to power American industry.”

The IEEFA disagreed. “Promises to create more coal jobs will not be kept — indeed the industry will continue to cut payrolls,” the group said in its 2017 U.S. Coal Outlook. “These losses will be related in part to the coal industry’s long-term business model of producing more coal with fewer workers.”

The industry has a fundamental problem it has not addressed even as businesses fail, the IEEFA said: “Too many companies are still mining too much coal for too few customers.”

Trump promised to bring back coal jobs. That promise ‘will not be kept,’ experts say.

Americans need to be freed from coal mines and given opportunities in training programs to prepare for the jobs of the 21st Century, not attempt to resuscitate a dying industry of the 18th Century.

It is putting people back to work. Training is too late for some. We need to encourage education and not abandon viable employment while people can still get paychecks. The market will take care of coal.

Yup we live in a world of instantaneous gratification... From threads of trump is worse president ever to jobs not coming back to coal mine jobs coming back

Newsflash trumps only been president for 3 months, the war on coal is over 30 years old... It takes time to change course and recover from the damage liberals has caused the business sector..

Thats the same thing I keep telling people about Africa. Europeans colonized it for centuries and fucked it up. They have only been free about 50 years. Drumpf doesnt have that much time so he wont do much if anything.

I never have understood why these half-wit pompous assholes from New York and New England have such contempt for the Heartland...without which they both freeze to death and starve to death....at the same time.

Thats the same thing I keep telling people about Africa. Europeans colonized it for centuries and fucked it up. They have only been free about 50 years. Drumpf doesnt have that much time so he wont do much if anything.

You wish keep telling you that his Supreme pick will kee
What?

I see natural gas was predicted to overtake coal ten years from now. Coal's demise has been in the cards for quite awhile.
Why not? It's much cleaner, it's not as devastating to human and ecological health.
How many mountains and water sources have to be destroyed, before enough is enough?
Gas And Renewables Toppled Coal A Decade Early
main.png

What?

Having Wi-Fi problams

What?

Having Wi-Fi problams
Packet loss huh?

There have been people hired back and training is not the industries coal job. They operate for profit. I think you like people dependent on the government, they are easier to control. You should be happy for the re-employed.

I see natural gas was predicted to overtake coal ten years from now. Coal's demise has been in the cards for quite awhile.
Why not? It's much cleaner, it's not as devastating to human and ecological health.
How many mountains and water sources have to be destroyed, before enough is enough?
Gas And Renewables Toppled Coal A Decade Early
View attachment 119288

Projections change, I have worked doing projection for the last two decades. It was like annually projections changed.

There have been people hired back and training is not the industries coal job. They operate for profit. I think you like people dependent on the government, they are easier to control. You should be happy for the re-employed.
Key phrase is "hired back" so its not a gain. They always keep a clean up crew around just before they close the doors.

Islam colonized Africa first. The Europeans did not have much to work with.

What?

Having Wi-Fi problams

It's coal remnants that are screwing up your wifi. :2up:

What?

Having Wi-Fi problams

It's coal remnants that are screwing up your wifi. :2up:

It's my solar panel and battery running out at night.

Islam colonized Africa first. The Europeans did not have much to work with.
Islam is a religion not a race. Most people in Africa never have been Islamic. Make no mistake about it whites screwed it up.

Key phrase is "hired back" so its not a gain. They always keep a clean up crew around just before they close the doors.

It is a gain to the family. I don't think the guy hired back cares a flying fuck if it is a gain or not.

Coal depends on the market.

It is a gain to the family. I don't think the guy hired back cares a flying fuck if it is a gain or not.

Coal depends on the market.
Typical short sighted response. He wont be "hired back" for long.

Forum List

Back