Another Trump Failure: Coal Mining Jobs Are Not Coming Back

It is putting people back to work. Training is too late for some. We need to encourage education and not abandon viable employment while people can still get paychecks. The market will take care of coal.
But its not though. Didnt you read what the people in the industry are saying?

Yup we live in a world of instantaneous gratification... From threads of trump is worse president ever to jobs not coming back to coal mine jobs coming back

Newsflash trumps only been president for 3 months, the war on coal is over 30 years old... It takes time to change course and recover from the damage liberals has caused the business sector..

Thats the same thing I keep telling people about Africa. Europeans colonized it for centuries and fucked it up. They have only been free about 50 years. Drumpf doesnt have that much time so he wont do much if anything.
Islam colonized Africa first. The Europeans did not have much to work with.
Islam is a religion not a race. Most people in Africa never have been Islamic. Make no mistake about it whites screwed it up.

What a racist comment. Someone is part of the problem here. Shame on you.

Even a democrat understands it.

Sen. Joe Manchin: Trump Administration Gets It on Coal Regs

West Virginia Democrat Sen. Joe Manchin III praised President Donald Trump’s reversal Tuesday of President Barack Obama’s “Clean Power Plan,” which created a regulatory regime that targeted the coal mining industry and coal-fired energy plants.

“Since I was governor, I have fought against unnecessary bureaucratic regulations that harm our way of life with no regard for the catastrophic economic impacts they have on West Virginians,” said the only Democrat to stand and applaud during the president’s joint address to Congress.

“We need to strike a balance between the environment and the economy. The Clean Power Plan never achieved that balance. Rolling back this regulation is a positive step towards preventing further job loss, increases to consumer energy bills, and more damage to our economy,” he said.

Sen. Joe Manchin: Trump Administration Gets It on Coal Regs - Breitbart

Yup we live in a world of instantaneous gratification... From threads of trump is worse president ever to jobs not coming back to coal mine jobs coming back

Newsflash trumps only been president for 3 months, the war on coal is over 30 years old... It takes time to change course and recover from the damage liberals has caused the business sector..

Thats the same thing I keep telling people about Africa. Europeans colonized it for centuries and fucked it up. They have only been free about 50 years. Drumpf doesnt have that much time so he wont do much if anything.
Islam is a religion not a race. Most people in Africa never have been Islamic. Make no mistake about it whites screwed it up.

Racist? Whats racist about pointing out how whites fucked up Africa?

It is putting people back to work. Training is too late for some. We need to encourage education and not abandon viable employment while people can still get paychecks. The market will take care of coal.

There have been people hired back and training is not the industries coal job. They operate for profit. I think you like people dependent on the government, they are easier to control. You should be happy for the re-employed.
Key phrase is "hired back" so its not a gain. They always keep a clean up crew around just before they close the doors.

It is a gain to the family. I don't think the guy hired back cares a flying fuck if it is a gain or not.

Coal depends on the market.
Typical short sighted response. He wont be "hired back" for long.
You don't know that, and why are you begrudging a man or woman being employed again? Nothing for the citizens?

West Virginia Democrat Sen. Joe Manchin III praised President Donald Trump’s reversal Tuesday of President Barack Obama’s “Clean Power Plan,” which created a regulatory regime that targeted the coal mining industry and coal-fired energy plants.

“Since I was governor, I have fought against unnecessary bureaucratic regulations that harm our way of life with no regard for the catastrophic economic impacts they have on West Virginians,” said the only Democrat to stand and applaud during the president’s joint address to Congress.

“We need to strike a balance between the environment and the economy. The Clean Power Plan never achieved that balance. Rolling back this regulation is a positive step towards preventing further job loss, increases to consumer energy bills, and more damage to our economy,” he said.

West Virginia? :laugh:

I guess he is impartial.

There have been people hired back and training is not the industries coal job. They operate for profit. I think you like people dependent on the government, they are easier to control. You should be happy for the re-employed.
Key phrase is "hired back" so its not a gain. They always keep a clean up crew around just before they close the doors.

It is a gain to the family. I don't think the guy hired back cares a flying fuck if it is a gain or not.

Typical short sighted response. He wont be "hired back" for long.
You don't know that, and why are you begrudging a man or woman being employed again? Nothing for the citizens?
Yes I do know that. I'm not begrudging him anything. He needs to get a better job instead of killing himself in a dying industry.

As Trump vowed to resurrect the coal industry and mining jobs in remarks at the Environmental Protection Agency, he promised to increase production of the resource that experts say is killing them. “We will unlock job producing natural gas, oil and shale energy. We will produce American coal to power American industry.”

The IEEFA disagreed. “Promises to create more coal jobs will not be kept — indeed the industry will continue to cut payrolls,” the group said in its 2017 U.S. Coal Outlook. “These losses will be related in part to the coal industry’s long-term business model of producing more coal with fewer workers.”

The industry has a fundamental problem it has not addressed even as businesses fail, the IEEFA said: “Too many companies are still mining too much coal for too few customers.”

Trump promised to bring back coal jobs. That promise ‘will not be kept,’ experts say.

Americans need to be freed from coal mines and given opportunities in training programs to prepare for the jobs of the 21st Century, not attempt to resuscitate a dying industry of the 18th Century.

Thank god for global warming then instead of an Ice Age, poor people couldn't afford to heat their homes using renewables .

“We need to strike a balance between the environment and the economy. The Clean Power Plan never achieved that balance. Rolling back this regulation is a positive step towards preventing further job loss, increases to consumer energy bills, and more damage to our economy,” he said

West Virginia? :laugh:

I guess he is impartial.

He's right...you're a blubbering buffoon

You are implying they only did it because they were white. Is greed and deceit a white thing?Look to the Africans who sold slaves for profit.

Coal is a dying non-competitive industry that is being phased out by cleaner and more efficient forms of energy. The objective right now should be job retraining, as opposed to giving coal miners false hope that the industry is going to make a comeback.

You are implying they only did it because they were white. Is greed and deceit a white thing?Look to the Africans who sold slaves for profit.
Thats pretty much true. White people have a problem respecting boundaries. They divided up Africa with no respect to the traditional boundaries that existed for millennia. I would say greed and deceit is a hallmark of white philosophy. Just look at the history. Every single place they have gone they have fucked it up with their greed and deceit. Ask the indigenous people how many times they promised to stop taking their land and less than a year later they took more.

Politically it’s much better. Barack Obama and his Democrat supporters were the greatest destroyers the United States of America has ever seen in its history. He destroyed reliable electric power in America, he destroyed low-cost electric power in America, and he attempted to totally destroy the United States coal industry.”
Electricity from coal is the cheapest form of electricity. Expensive electricity is a huge burden on the poor. Why do the democrats hate the poor and women and children?!
Something revolutionary has just happened to solar power, and it could change everything

Solar and wind is now either the same price or cheaper than new fossil fuel capacity in more than 30 countries, according to a new report from the World Economic Forum. The influential foundaton has described the change as a "tipping point" that could make fighting climate change into a profitable form of business for energy companies.

But investors and energy firms are still failing to put money into such green solutions despite the fact that they are cheaper than more traditional forms of electricity generation, according to the same report.

However, many cities are in the process of switching to 100% renewable energy as we post.

solar-energy-costs-wind-energy-costs-LCOE-Lazard.png

https://c1cleantechnicacom-wpengine...nergy-costs-wind-energy-costs-LCOE-Lazard.png

Coal is a dying non-competitive industry that is being phased out by cleaner and more efficient forms of energy. The objective right now should be job retraining, as opposed to giving coal miners false hope that the industry is going to make a comeback.
Those miners know more than you do but I am pretty sure they realize that the future isn't that great. I am sure they have informed their children the will be no jobs for them. I say we stay out of it.

Even coal executives admit the jobs aren't coming back.
Top US coal boss Robert Murray: Trump 'can't bring mining jobs back'

Do you even bother to read your own link?

Trump’s election has been a boon to coal, said Murray, after what he sees as Obama’s attempts to destroy the industry. But he has also warned the president he should “temper” expectations for jobs growth in the industry.

“I would not say it’s a good time in the coal industry. It’s a better time,” he said.

“Politically it’s much better. Barack Obama and his Democrat supporters were the greatest destroyers the United States of America has ever seen in its history. He destroyed reliable electric power in America, he destroyed low-cost electric power in America, and he attempted to totally destroy the United States coal industry.”

KM didn't write the headline. And he is still correct...

Bull shit..... You can't handle Trump reversing the war on coal, jobs will come back ...we have more coal then we know what to do with
But we do know what to do with it. Leave it in the ground. It is not needed.

Thats pretty much true. White people have a problem respecting boundaries. They divided up Africa with no respect to the traditional boundaries that existed for millennia. I would say greed and deceit is a hallmark of white philosophy. Just look at the history. Every single place they have gone they have fucked it up with their greed and deceit. Ask the indigenous people how many times they promised to stop taking their land and less than a year later they took more.
Well, then I guess your lucky white people let you own a computer.

Well, then I guess your lucky white people let you own a computer.
White people have nothing to do with my PC. Mark Dean (a Black man ) deserves that credit.

Why was Obama so determined to destroy an industry that was dead anyway? Good Allah you 'tards can't reason.

Now the MARKET gets to decide, not the Demonrat Party!

Don't look dead to me

View attachment 119276
Nearly half of US coal is produced by companies that have declared bankruptcy — and Trump won’t fix that

When Peabody Energy, the biggest coal producer in the US, declared bankruptcy in April, it joined a long list of coal compatriots in the chapter 11 club.

Arch Coal, the country’s second biggest producer, filed for bankruptcy in January, and Alpha Natural Resources, the fourth biggest, sought chapter 11 protection in August 2015 (it emerged from bankruptcy in July 2016).

But that doesn’t mean the companies stopped mining or producing the fuel. In fact, approximately 44% of US coal now comes from companies that have declared bankruptcy sometime in the last four years. Those are troubling stats for President-elect Donald Trump, who campaigned on the promise of bringing the country’s declining coal industry back to life.

Even with the orange clown running things, coal is on life support and fading fast.

As Trump vowed to resurrect the coal industry and mining jobs in remarks at the Environmental Protection Agency, he promised to increase production of the resource that experts say is killing them. “We will unlock job producing natural gas, oil and shale energy. We will produce American coal to power American industry.”

The IEEFA disagreed. “Promises to create more coal jobs will not be kept — indeed the industry will continue to cut payrolls,” the group said in its 2017 U.S. Coal Outlook. “These losses will be related in part to the coal industry’s long-term business model of producing more coal with fewer workers.”

The industry has a fundamental problem it has not addressed even as businesses fail, the IEEFA said: “Too many companies are still mining too much coal for too few customers.”

Trump promised to bring back coal jobs. That promise ‘will not be kept,’ experts say.

Americans need to be freed from coal mines and given opportunities in training programs to prepare for the jobs of the 21st Century, not attempt to resuscitate a dying industry of the 18th Century.
If I were more capitalist, I would have considered investing in canary options. But, being the liberal that I am, I believe coal mining is an area that is ripe, for Industrial forms of Automation. Advances in boring technologies, can make this and other resource potentials, possible.

Whites should have done to the Africans what they did to the Native Americans.

Forum List

Back