Another triumph of big government

Just think, without the government parents might be able to name their children Dweezil or Moon Unit.

Or, God forbid, Messiah.

A judge in Tennessee changed a 7-month-old boy's name to Martin from Messiah, saying the religious name was earned by one person and "that one person is Jesus Christ."
Child Support Magistrate Lu Ann Ballew ordered the name change last week, according to WBIR-TV (Tennessee Judge orders baby's name be changed from 'Messiah' | wbir.com). The boy's parents were in court because they could not agree on the child's last name, but when the judge heard the boy's first name, she ordered it changed, too.
"It could put him at odds with a lot of people and at this point he has had no choice in what his name is," Ballew said.
It was the first time she ordered a first name change, the judge said.
Messiah was No. 4 among the fastest-rising baby names in 2012, according to the Social Security Administration's annual list of popular baby names.

Tenn. Judge Changes Infant's Name From 'Messiah' - ABC News

funny that and total bullshit. I cant tell you how many jesus's i have had as dishwashers and prep chefs over the years. Even better is when jesus cooks my dinner.

she based her ruling on religion and not the law..... i hope they appeal.

It's different.....Jesus is a Mexican name and pronounced differently. :)

I think naming your child Messiah is ignorant, but it's their right. No Judge should have a say in a name!!

Just think, without the government parents might be able to name their children Dweezil or Moon Unit.

Or, God forbid, Messiah.

Tenn. Judge Changes Infant's Name From 'Messiah' - ABC News

funny that and total bullshit. I cant tell you how many jesus's i have had as dishwashers and prep chefs over the years. Even better is when jesus cooks my dinner.

she based her ruling on religion and not the law..... i hope they appeal.

It's different.....Jesus is a Mexican name and pronounced differently. :)

I think naming your child Messiah is ignorant, but it's their right. No Judge should have a say in a name!!

In Mexico the pronounce Jesus Jesus.

Jesús lloró.

Sorry, dude, it takes a village to raise a child.

These folks went to the court to solve their problem.

Village my ass.

And the issue was the last name not the first.

So the idiot judge overstepped.

Or took appropriate action. Depends on your point of view.

Frankly, I'm having a hard time getting as worked up about this as you are. Maybe because I have really important things to worry about in my life.

Does whether or not this issue is important to you have a direct effect on your opinion of it?

the parents are, obviously, stupid.

But the "children services" or whatever government entity can f*** themselves ( also the judge) - the ruling should be appealed and I am almost sure it will be overturned.

Somehow no child protection services have opposed for the benefit of the baby that the girl of those two idiots - kardashyan and the guy ( don't remember his name) is named North West - because the parents are wealthy and mighty.

Turns out that everyone that backed the judge was wrong, and I was right.

Does anyone think that the people that claimed to be law experts will come back and admit they were wrong?

Me either.

Tenn. judge: Parents can name their baby 'Messiah'

I'd like to see some kind of disciplinary action against the original judge, actually. That kind of blatant abuse of power should have consequences. Changing the child's name because Jesus is the only one who can be called messiah? That, in my mind, certainly calls into question the judge's qualifications for the job.

Turns out that everyone that backed the judge was wrong, and I was right.

Does anyone think that the people that claimed to be law experts will come back and admit they were wrong?

Me either.

Tenn. judge: Parents can name their baby 'Messiah'

I'd like to see some kind of disciplinary action against the original judge, actually. That kind of blatant abuse of power should have consequences. Changing the child's name because Jesus is the only one who can be called messiah? That, in my mind, certainly calls into question the judge's qualifications for the job.

I would like to see it myself.

Forum List

Back