Another savage we will have to feed.

Answer usnavyvet's question and I will defend you even though I am a US Navy combat vet.
You speak his language. You tell him. I am an Army combat vet. I have no sea-legs with which to keep him on an even keel and in my sights ..... and I don't like people looking over my shoulder when I'm talking to them.

Answer usnavyvet's question and I will defend you even though I am a US Navy combat vet.
You speak his language. You tell him. I am an Army combat vet. I have no sea-legs with which to keep him on an even keel and in my sights ..... and I don't like people looking over my shoulder when I'm talking to them.

Thank you for your service is all I can say. I have had many US Army combat vets for friends and they were all level headed but died a young age that I think was Agent Orange that I have been exposed to more than once. Want to get in the nitty gritty with me and I will.

....... I have had many US Army combat vets for friends and they were all level headed but died a young age that I think was Agent Orange that I have been exposed to more than once.
Yes, they're still going too. I lost one 2 years ago. Agent Orange. He didn't realize anything was wrong until he couldn't walk, ended up paralyzed and eventually passed away. But he did have many good years before it got him.

Want to get in the nitty gritty with me and I will.
Thank you. I've done that, even looked up some of the guys I served with. It usually starts out good but always ends up bad. Too many memories. We were right when we rotated back to 'the world' ........ forget, forget, forget. Remembering is not a good thing.

....... I have had many US Army combat vets for friends and they were all level headed but died a young age that I think was Agent Orange that I have been exposed to more than once.
Yes, they're still going too. I lost one 2 years ago. Agent Orange. He didn't realize anything was wrong until he couldn't walk, ended up paralyzed and eventually passed away. But he did have many good years before it got him.

Want to get in the nitty gritty with me and I will.
Thank you. I've done that, even looked up some of the guys I served with. It usually starts out good but always ends up bad. Too many memories. We were right when we rotated back to 'the world' ........ forget, forget, forget. Remembering is not a good thing.

Some people are immune to Agent Orange and don't know if my natural immunity has anything with growing up on a farm where strong herbicides were used to kill weeds. Agent Orange is not orange in color but pink and made the trees over there look like telephone poles.

Last edited:
That and napalm was nasty stuff. If you were Navy (and in the Agent Orange area) I suppose you were on the river boats.

WP (white phosphorous) aka Willie Peter is nasty stuff. I don't want to talk about napalm at the moment.

What is this, an argument for paternalism in foreign policy?

About a baby rescued from the rubble that used to be Aleppo. Anyone who has a heart cares about the baby.
"Anyone who has a heart"? Anyone who has a heart would have known these things happen each and every day in war. Anyone who has a heart would have done everything possible to stop the US and NATO from instigating war in the first place. You talk about enforcing justice upon your enemy ....... but never for yourself. In fact, had you enforced justice upon yourself yesterday, you wouldn't even have an enemy today.

Takes me back to credits in Vietnam. Kill an adult male enemy one credit, kill an adult enemy woman one half of a credit. Unintentionally killing an enemy baby was one quarter of a credit.
Blowing up a school in some little hamlet was wiping out a VC headquarters (it was the biggest building).

WP (white phosphorous) aka Willie Peter is nasty stuff. I don't want to talk about napalm at the moment.
We're having some very nice weather. A little bit cold ...... but not too bad.

We have been getting a lot of rain in central Ohio that stopped the soybean harvest. A hurricane is headed to my old shipmate in Florida and other than that it is a good day.

About a baby rescued from the rubble that used to be Aleppo. Anyone who has a heart cares about the baby.
"Anyone who has a heart"? Anyone who has a heart would have known these things happen each and every day in war. Anyone who has a heart would have done everything possible to stop the US and NATO from instigating war in the first place. You talk about enforcing justice upon your enemy ....... but never for yourself. In fact, had you enforced justice upon yourself yesterday, you wouldn't even have an enemy today.

Takes me back to credits in Vietnam. Kill an adult male enemy one credit, kill an adult enemy woman one half of a credit. Unintentionally killing an enemy baby was one quarter of a credit.
Blowing up a school in some little hamlet was wiping out a VC headquarters (it was the biggest building).

When I was over there we fought the NVA, proper acronym is PAVN during the Spring/Easter Offensive in 1972. We did not fight the Cong but the regular Army.

We're having some very nice weather. A little bit cold ...... but not too bad.

We have been getting a lot of rain in central Ohio that stopped the soybean harvest. A hurricane is headed to my old shipmate in Florida and other than that it is a good day.
Can soybeans be made to taste good? Yuuuuuck!

So .....2 former shipmates, one went to Ohio and the other remained near the sea - Jack's Beach maybe? It reminds me of something a sailor once told me and If it's OK with you, I'll tell you what he said:

"When I retire, I'm going to sling an oar over my shoulder and I'm going to start walking 'inland'. I'm going to walk, and walk. And I'm going to continue walking .... ever inland, inland, inland. And I'll continue walking until someone looks at me and says, 'What the hell is that thing you've got on your shoulder?' .... and right there is where I'm going to set up house!"

The US is incapable of dealing with the middle east. It should be left to Russia and a man like Putin, not a race baiting puke like obama.

When I was over there we fought the NVA, proper acronym is PAVN during the Spring/Easter Offensive in 1972. We did not fight the Cong but the regular Army.
Indeed it was over in the south long before 1972 but I was making reference to the mid 60s when John Paul Vann was telling his superiors that blowing up hamlets would not win the war.

Indeed it was over in the south long before 1972 but I was making reference to the mid 60s when John Paul Vann was telling his superiors that blowing up hamlets would not win the war.
Blowing up hamlets will not win the war if some hamlets survive.

Wars are won the way Sherman marched to the sea. Total war. The food is destroyed, the water poisoned. Shoot survivors on sight. Then you win the war.

Blowing up hamlets will not win the war if some hamlets survive.

Wars are won the way Sherman marched to the sea. Total war. The food is destroyed, the water poisoned. Shoot survivors on sight. Then you win the war.
That's not winning a war. That is losing the peace.
The victors are quickly forgiven. There is no nobility in losing. There is only losing. If we are unable to do what is necessary to win we should leave the battle to someone who will fight to win. The United States can sit in a corner muttering to itself about how worthless and ineffective it had become.

The victors are quickly forgiven.
Well ..... lying about WMD's in Irak and destroying the Middle East might be considered a dirty "victory", but you're wrong about victors being quickly forgiven and I am certain that the Taliban, Al Qaida, Hizbollah, Al Shabab, the Mujahedeen, Hamas, ISIS, etc. will agree with me.

The victors are quickly forgiven.
Well ..... lying about WMD's in Irak and destroying the Middle East might be considered a dirty "victory", but you're wrong about victors being quickly forgiven and I am certain that the Taliban, Al Qaida, Hizbollah, Al Shabab, the Mujahedeen, Hamas, ISIS, etc. will agree with me.
If we are unable to win fighting against middle eastern terrorists, then we deserve to have our school girls made jihadi wives by Al Shabaab, gays thrown off rooftops by the Taliban and burned alive in cages by Isis. Democrats think the way to win wars is to become so weak and pathetic that the enemy feels sorry enough to stop killing you.

Get out and let someone mop up who wants to and expects to win. Then we can call Russia the savior of the world.

Forum List

Back