Another Roy Moore Accuser- Jaime Phillips- says Moore got her pregnant- forced her to abort at 15

Another Roy Moore Accuser- Jaime Phillips- says Moore got her pregnant- forced her to abort at 15

But that is not the real story. The real story is how Conservative darling James O'Keefe and Project Veritas- tried to plant this story in the Washington Post.

This is not the story about Tina Johnson- this is the story of the Conservative Fake News movement at work- this is not a duplicate thread

A woman approached The Post with dramatic — and false — tale about Roy Moore. She appears to be part of undercover sting operation.

James O'Keefe on the defensive after failed anti-Post plot

And the fascinating question is whether Roy Moore's campaign was behind it.

A conservative group tried to plant a fake Roy Moore allegation in the Washington Post. It failed.

Woman Tried to Dupe Washington Post With False Claim About Roy Moore, Paper Says

Some of the highlights

• Woman contacted Washington Post saying she started a sexual relationship with Moore when she was 14 years old
  • The woman claimed that Moore got her pregnant and forced her to have an abortion at 15.
  • The woman kept asking the reporter to confirm that this story would harm Moore's election campaign.
  • The Washington Post found a Go Fund Me site in the woman's name which claimed:That woman said she was moving to New York for a new job. “I’ve accepted a job to work in the conservative media movement to combat the lies and deceipt of the liberal MSM,” the page said, according to The Post. “I’ll be using my skills as a researcher and fact-checker to help our movement.”
  • When the woman was asked about the Go Fund Me site- she ended the interview
  • Later the same day, the woman drove to the Project Veritas building and entered it.
  • When confronted by reporters- James O'Keefe refused to answer whether she was an employee or not.
Dare I say it again?

There is one primary source of 'Fake News'- and that is from the far right Conservatives- and Donald Trump. Here we have Project Veritas once again apparently paying someone to lie to reporters to set up a 'sting'- in order to create "fake news'.

If the Washington Post had published this story- it would have published "Fake News"- created by the Conservative "Project Veritas" and James O'Keefe- both of whom would have promptly denounced the WAPO for publishing 'fake news'.

Or maybe the woman really was forced by Moore to get an abortion at 15.......I am sure Project Veritas will be clarifying that any day now
The lesson to be learned here is that WaPo reporters know how to sort out (and not run) fake news. They saw her coming and shut her down. That is being studiously avoided by the Fake News Brigade, though. They should be having their noses rubbed in it.
yes, this proves all that fake news they tend to post is real!

It shows that Conservatives are trying to plant Fake News within the media.
THAT is a rational take-a-way from this.

But that is not the real story. The real story is how Conservative darling James O'Keefe and Project Veritas- tried to plant this story in the Washington Post.

This is not the story about Tina Johnson- this is the story of the Conservative Fake News movement at work- this is not a duplicate thread

A woman approached The Post with dramatic — and false — tale about Roy Moore. She appears to be part of undercover sting operation.

A conservative group tried to plant a fake Roy Moore allegation in the Washington Post. It failed.

Woman Tried to Dupe Washington Post With False Claim About Roy Moore, Paper Says

Some of the highlights

• Woman contacted Washington Post saying she started a sexual relationship with Moore when she was 14 years old
  • The woman claimed that Moore got her pregnant and forced her to have an abortion at 15.
  • The woman kept asking the reporter to confirm that this story would harm Moore's election campaign.
  • The Washington Post found a Go Fund Me site in the woman's name which claimed:That woman said she was moving to New York for a new job. “I’ve accepted a job to work in the conservative media movement to combat the lies and deceipt of the liberal MSM,” the page said, according to The Post. “I’ll be using my skills as a researcher and fact-checker to help our movement.”
  • Later the same day, the woman drove to the Project Veritas building and entered it.
  • When confronted by reporters- James O'Keefe refused to answer whether she was an employee or not.
Dare I say it again?

There is one primary source of 'Fake News'- and that is from the far right Conservatives- and Donald Trump. Here we have Project Veritas once again apparently paying someone to lie to reporters to set up a 'sting'- in order to create "fake news'.

If the Washington Post had published this story- it would have published "Fake News"- created by the Conservative "Project Veritas" and James O'Keefe- both of whom would have promptly denounced the WAPO for publishing 'fake news'.

Or maybe the woman really was forced by Moore to get an abortion at 15.......I am sure Project Veritas will be clarifying that any day now
The lesson to be learned here is that WaPo reporters know how to sort out (and not run) fake news. They saw her coming and shut her down. That is being studiously avoided by the Fake News Brigade, though. They should be having their noses rubbed in it.

NOPE Syriusly see explanation above
NOTE: PV would lose all credibility if they plant anything fake.
They have to explain all their steps transparently or no one will believe them
if they are caught skewing or misreporting anything they do or report.

Of course there will be no evidence to support this

No evidence to support what?

Yes there is no evidence to support the Fake News that Conservatives tried to plant.

There is solid evidence that this was an attempt at a Conservative Fake News plant.

NOPE Syriusly
there is no evidence that the intent is to PLANT the actual news

Actually there is very specific evidence that the intent was to plant Fake News.

1. Jaime Phillips- apparently employed by O'Keefe- claimed to WAPO that she had sex with Moore at 14 and was forced to have an abortion at 15 by Moore. Fact.
  2. If WAPO had published the story- it would have been publishing Fake News- created by O'Keefe and Veritas
Unless of course you believe this is not 'fake news'- and that Jaimie Phillips really did have sex with Moore at 14 years old- as she said while in the employ of Veritas.

The real story is how Conservative darling James O'Keefe and Project Veritas- tried to plant this story in the Washington Post.
No, the real story is how TRUMP FUNDED OPERATIVE Conservative darling James O'Keefe and Project Veritas- tried to plant this story in the Washington Post.

Some of the highlights

Dare I say it again?

NOPE Syriusly see explanation above
NOTE: PV would lose all credibility if they plant anything fake.
They have to explain all their steps transparently or no one will believe them
if they are caught skewing or misreporting anything they do or report.

LOL- yeah.

Do you still believe them?

They had a PV employee give a fake story to WAPO.
The woman boasted on social media that she was taking a job with a firm like PV
And after the interview- drove her car to PV and entered the PV building.

When asked- you know to be transparent about whether Jaime Phillips was a PV employer- James O'Keefe refused to answer.

So do you still believe them? PV hasn't been transparent. They planted someone to lie to WAPO.

And that is okay with you.

Clearly PV knows its audience.

You don't care how dishonest PV is.

And this is how we have degenerated into a quagmire where there is no baseline of facts. OF COURSE this was an attempt to plant fake news, with the intent of revealing it was fake in order to embarrass the WaPo and to further the desperate narrative of "fake news".

But instead of everyone agreeing on this basic fact and then discussing the ethical and pragmatic implications of this event, we are besieged by a wave of equivocating liars that won't even admit this basic fact.

And this is how you stop the national thought process.

Thanks for posting this. I saw the headline but I tend not to click on the WaPo because they allot a very limited number of views per month before they start panhandling. Good to have the background.

Good sleuthing too. SOOOOO busted. That's whatcha call "due diligence". :thup:

Lot of these sites are doing the same thing now. It can usually be handled by deleting history, cookies, etc every few days.

If not, just copy the headline and do a new search - the same story will will be somewhere else for free.

That doesn't even make sense in English.

Look, it's not that complex. Somebody came in with a story (just as posters here come in with stories). Before running with that story the WaPo did a back-check to verify its veracity (just as posters here never bother to). They found out who was trolling them (apparently pretty easily) just as posters like me find out the fake stories that posters here dump.

Again, it's called "due diligence". It's called skepticism. It's called verifying that a story has merit before you run it.

Now you want to whine because media is doing its due diligence? Makes no sense.
:lol:
Harley's into the 'shrooms again.
oh gosh no!
Pogo just trips me out with his self righteousness.
All i said was this doesnt mean wapo doesnt print fake news. And look at what response i got :lol:
Well, that's a little more clear than the first time you attempted it. It's true what Pogo and I both said, though. WaPo and all the majors do their best to get it right. I wish you wouldn't buy into all this Fake News horseshit, TN. You are too smart for that.
What do you expect people to think when all you do is post shit from anonymous sources that never turn out to be true?.

Trump tweets shit without any sources all the time- that turn out to not be true.

And when the Washington Post posts sourced articles- like the multiple women that accused Moore- Conservatives call that "Fake News"

But here we have a case where the Conservatives tried to create Fake News.

And they were caught.

How many other cases of "Fake News' based upon 'anonymous' sources were planted by the Conservatives in order to discredit the media?

We just don't know.

oh gosh no!
All i said was this doesnt mean wapo doesnt print fake news. And look at what response i got :lol:
Well, that's a little more clear than the first time you attempted it. It's true what Pogo and I both said, though. WaPo and all the majors do their best to get it right. I wish you wouldn't buy into all this Fake News horseshit, TN. You are too smart for that.
What do you expect people to think when all you do is post shit from anonymous sources that never turn out to be true?.

Trump tweets shit without any sources all the time- that turn out to not be true.

And when the Washington Post posts sourced articles- like the multiple women that accused Moore- Conservatives call that "Fake News"

And they were caught.

How many other cases of "Fake News' based upon 'anonymous' sources were planted by the Conservatives in order to discredit the media?

We just don't know.
Who knows. Its obviously a common tactic.

Look, it's not that complex. Somebody came in with a story (just as posters here come in with stories). Before running with that story the WaPo did a back-check to verify its veracity (just as posters here never bother to). They found out who was trolling them (apparently pretty easily) just as posters like me find out the fake stories that posters here dump.

Again, it's called "due diligence". It's called skepticism. It's called verifying that a story has merit before you run it.

oh gosh no!
What do you expect people to think when all you do is post shit from anonymous sources that never turn out to be true?
comey asking for more investigative funds
trump revealed classified info to russians
what about taking obvious jokes and blasting them as real? Even, IN the article, saying it was all verified and shit?
Would you like more? Thats just a few off the top of my head..
?Trump DID reveal classified info to the Russians (the Israeli agent).
I have no idea what you're talking about with "obvious jokes" -- finding Hillary's e-mails, you mean? Yeah, that was stupid, but they didn't make up what he said. I thought he was being facetious, too.
It's not "fake news," though--it's what they thought he meant by it. Won't be the first time our leader's words were wide open to interpretation.

oh gosh no!
What do you expect people to think when all you do is post shit from anonymous sources that never turn out to be true?
comey asking for more investigative funds
trump revealed classified info to russians
what about taking obvious jokes and blasting them as real? Even, IN the article, saying it was all verified and shit?
Would you like more? Thats just a few off the top of my head..
?Trump DID reveal classified info to the Russians (the Israeli agent).
I have no idea what you're talking about with "obvious jokes" -- finding Hillary's e-mails, you mean? Yeah, that was stupid, but they didn't make up what he said. I thought he was being facetious, too.
It's not "fake news," though--it's what they thought he meant by it. Won't be the first time our leader's words were wide open to interpretation.
Before this political fascist bought it, they never even printed shit without a second source..
Hey genius, it isnt possible for a POTUS to leak classified intel...
Do you ever remember hearing about FDR doing that with churchill and the russians? Happened ALL the time. Know why he didnt get in trouble for it? Because the POTUS has complete discretion concerning classified intel. There are reasons for that...
In fact, i believe wapo even apologized for that load of horseshit. Looks like you are falling for the fake news! LOL

Leftists hate when their tactics are co-opted.

They've been planting fake news and astro-turfing protests forever.

PS- I have heard from very reliable sources, that Chucky Schumer will soon be outed in a gay sex scandal. He may be forced to resign. Apparently he was caught sucking off a 17 year old Congressional Page.

Oh gee, lookey here. An article from wapo talking about all kinds of fake news :lol:
We at WaPo are so full of shit
I write to you, @horsefish57, not to defend myself but merely to explain how a not-so-masterful Post reporter ended up adding to the world's already overflowing supply of false or erroneous reporting.
OldLady
I can't read it--I'm not paying for a subscription.
I added the relevant info..
I did make the title up though :lol:

oh gosh no!

And they were caught.

We just don't know.

The irony here is that, here's a routine story about a news org receiving a claim of a story, so they sniff it out and find it's fake (which happens every day) and don't run it ------ and in come the Rumpbots to claim that doing due diligence is the "fake news".

Here's a crowd of sycophants-on-fire who drone on and on and on denouncing outlets running "fake news", and yet when an outlet clearly arrests the fake news in its tracks ------ they want to denounce that too.

Ya can't win.

Having it both ways: Priceless.

oh gosh no!

You posted one of your cryptic non-Engrish ludicrousies. Which is why the first and last thing I noted was that it made no sense. And we've done this same thing before, it's a pattern.

oh gosh no!

You posted one of your cryptic non-Engrish ludicrousies. Which is why the first and last thing I noted was that it made no sense. And we've done this same thing before, it's a pattern.
That the corncob up your ass is rotting? Is rotting a pattern?

Pogo is obviously retarded ahem excuse me "mentally challenged" stop picking on shim.

Forum List

Back