Another religion involved the refugee mess

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
The peoples government, unions pushing for more than small business owners had or were willing to part with, the small business owners greed, insurance costs and regulators led us to where we are today. Rod worked for a local meat packing plant years ago. The pay was decent even though it was not a job he enjoyed he said the pay was good. Many men supported their families through the years with these local meat packing jobs until peeps greed got in the way. Now we have globalist in charge of determining how the lower class works and lives. I don't really think they give a hoot about the working class and their families. It has been several years ago that I heard a guy complaining that if you were not a Latino you could not get a job at some of the packing plants in Iowa. Refugees are the new Latinos.

We raised a few of our own cows and pigs. Back then we could call the butcher to come out and take care of that processing of the meat when it was ready. Today you can't hardly find a butcher because the regulators have put most of them out of business too.

Foreign-owned Big Meat hires Lutherans to help them find and retain refugee labor

Foreign-owned Big Meat hires Lutherans to help them find and retain refugee labor
Posted by Ann Corcoran on October 24, 2017

That is the crux of this story and not in my wildest dreams did I think that money was directly changing hands between the meat industry and a federal refugee contractor, in this case Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service headquartered in Baltimore, MD.

I always assumed it was an informal relationship where the largely federally-funded ‘religious’ charity (LIRS is 96% funded by you and not via the collection plate) just happened to be bringing immigrant workers to small town America........................

JBS meat processing - Google Search

JBS.png

JBS USA - Wikipedia

Purchase by JBS
On July 12, 2007, JBS purchased Swift & Company in a US$1.5-billion, all-cash deal. The acquisition made the newly consolidated JBS Swift Group the largest beef processor in the world. Prior to the deal, JBS had a market capitalization of US$4.2 billion and sales revenue of $2.1 billion, and operated in 23 plants in Brazil and five in Argentina.

On July 11, 2007, the Swift companies had also completed several tender offers and consent solicitations for financing notes. These included 10⅛% senior notes due 2009 and 12½% senior subordinated notes due January 1, 2010, both issued by Swift & Company, 11% senior notes due 2010 issued by S&C Holdco 3 and 10¼% convertible senior subordinated notes due 2010 issued by Swift Foods Company.

In 2008, JBS purchased the beef operations of Smithfield Foods for $565 million.[9] JBS also announced in 2008 its intention to buy National Beef Packing Company for $560 million, but canceled the plan after the U.S. Department of Justice raised antitrust concerns.[10]

In 2009, JBS USA acquired 63% of Pilgrim's Pride[11] Chicken Company and shortened the name to simply 'Pilgrim's'. JBS subsequently increased its ownership share to 75.3%.

On October 18, 2012, JBS USA announced it would take over management of XL Foods' Lakeside beefpacking plant in Brooks, Alberta, for 60 days with an exclusive option to buy XL Foods' Canada and US operations. On January 14, 2013, JBS completed the purchase of the Brooks facility, a second XL beef facility in Calgary, Alberta, and a feedyard.[12]

In July 2015, JBS USA purchased the U.S. pork processing business of Cargill Meat Solutions for $1.45 billion.[13]

Difficulties
In December 2006, six of the company’s meat-packing facilities in Colorado, Nebraska, Texas, Utah, Iowa, and Minnesota were raided by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials, resulting in the apprehension of 1,282 undocumented immigrants from Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Peru, Laos, Sudan, and Ethiopia, and nearly 200 of them were criminally charged after a ten-month investigation into identity theft.[14]

On June 24, 2009, the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service announced that JBS Swift Beef Company, a Greeley, Colorado, establishment, recalled about 41,280 lb (18,720 kg) of beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. By June 30, the recall included over 421,000 lb (191,000 kg).[15] The beef products were produced on April 21 and 22, 2009, and were shipped to distributors and retail establishments in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin.[16]

On November 4, 2010, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration ordered JBS Carriers, a subsidiary of JBS, to install electronic on-board recorders on their trucks after a compliance review found "serious violation" of federal hours of service.[17]

On December 2, 2010, JBS announced that it would use Arrowsight, a remote video auditing company, to monitor proper sanitation to prevent cross contamination during processing. They also use Arrowsight to monitor their live cattle for proper animal welfare practices. These programs have shown great success.[18]

The Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration assessed a $175,000 civil penalty against JBS/Swift on December 22, 2010, for violations of the Packers and Stockyards Act by failing to disclose when missing Fat-O-Meat’er data had prevented JBS from calculating the lean percentage of a particular pork carcass or carcasses in a seller’s lot, and substituting an undisclosed lean value for pork carcasses with missing data when calculating carcass-merit payment for hogs delivered to JBS’ Worthington, MN, Marshalltown, IA, and Louisville, KY, processing plants. The Packers and Stockyards Act is a fair trade practice and payment protection law that promotes fair and competitive marketing environments for the livestock, meat, and poultry industries.[19]

All that talk about so many people being fat these days but very few are talking about the toxins that contribute to making people fat. Toxins are also stored in fat. Toxins whether chemical, parasitical, bacterial, fungal or viral damage organs. Once the organs are damaged fat or the appearance of people being fat increases. Toxic loads also increase the chance of Arthritis, Alzheimer, Cancer and other immune deficient related diseases.

During the last two decades I also studied parasites after finding an odd parasite in the livers of the fish and a frog in our own pond. I don't generally catch frogs and slaughter them but a one poor frog had to be checked to see if they had the same parasite as my fish and it did. I had been wondering what happened to all the giant bullfrogs we had in the pond a few years after we built it and the only explanation that seemed plausible. So I started checking places around us. I found the fish in waterways and ponds locally were heavily infested with parasites the closer they were to the larger feedlots in the area. The more polluted the areas are the worse the parasite loads were in the fish. Animals in a more natural setting like open pastures or more likely to self medicate on the foliage that grows naturally that can inhibit parasites, viruses, and bacteria.

Both articles well worth reading if one is interested in the subject.

How Drug-Resistant Bacteria Travel from the Farm to Your Table
Antibiotic-resistant bacteria from livestock pose a deadly risk to people. But the farm lobby won't let scientists track the danger
Excerpt: But there is a terrifying downside to this practice, which was one reason I had been hesitant to touch my porcine pal. Antibiotics seem to be transforming innocent farm animals into disease factories. The animals become sources of deadly microorganisms, such as the methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) bacterium, which is resistant to several major classes of antibiotics and has become a real problem in hospitals. The drugs may work on farms at first, but a few microbes with the genes to resist them can survive and pass this ability to fight off the drugs to a larger group. Recent research shows that segments of DNA conferring drug resistance can jump between different species and strains of bacteria with disturbing ease, an alarming discovery. By simply driving behind chicken transport trucks, scientists collected drug-resistant microbes from the air within their cars. Early this year scientists discovered that a gene coding for resistance to a last-resort antibiotic has been circulating in the U.S. and was in bacteria infecting a woman in Pennsylvania.

Many researchers worry—and the new findings add fresh urgency to their concerns—that the abundant use of antibiotics on farms is unraveling our ability to cure bacterial infections. This latest research, scientists now say, shows resistance to drugs can spread more widely than previously thought and firms up links in the resistance chain leading from animal farm to human table. In 2014 pharmaceutical companies sold nearly 21 million pounds of medically important antibiotics for use in food animals, more than three times the amount sold for use in people. Stripped of the power of protective drugs, today's pedestrian health nuisances—ear infections, cuts, bronchitis—will become tomorrow's potential death sentences.

E. Coli, Salmonella and Other Deadly Bacteria and Pathogens in Food: Factory Farms Are the Reason

After reading “Bird Flu: A Virus of Our Own Hatching”, by Michael Greger, M.D., I was stunned to realize the extent to which we have endangered our health by allowing factory farms to flourish and produce 99% of the meat, dairy, and eggs we eat. Not only are dangerous flu viruses mutating because of these concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFO’s), but we are also being exposed to some other very serious bacteria and pathogens. It seems that things have gotten out of hand in our food production, especially in the livestock sector. In my last blog, Dr. Greger explained the growing potential of deadly flu viruses; in Part 2 of the interview, we discuss E. coli, Salmonella and other worrisome pathogens....................more at link

Forum List

Back