another reason that teacher unions are failing our students

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
In NY they cant fire a teacher until 2014 no matter what they do.

Teacher-evaluation law gives even the worst employees a clean slate - NYPOST.com

Whatever the merits, and there are some, including more federal money, a big negative is that the new system will erase current attempts to hold teachers accountable for student performance. “It wipes the slate clean,” one city official said.

That means thousands of city teachers already found to be boobs in the classroom likely will get a fresh start. Under the new law, they must get “ineffective” ratings for two consecutive years before administrators can even try to dismiss them.

Tell you what? Why don't more CONSERVATIVES get into the teaching profession?
It seems you have a problem with education because it is dominated by LIBERALS. Why is there no preponderance of conservatives in education instead of a preponderance of LIBERALS?
Perhaps it's the long hours, low pay and dismal social status that drives conservatives away from the teaching profession?
Perhaps it that, like cops and firefighters, some people are instinctively drawn to work that benefits their communitites more than it enriches them personally.

Ask yourself why there aren't more conservatives in the education game, before you eschew the people who show up and do the fricking job day in and day out while little jerks like you whine about them getting some JOB PROTECTION. And why do they need job protection? Oh, from people like you who constantly attack the profession.

Don't like the Liberal bias in education? Sign up to be a teacher.
Don't whine about it. That makes as much sense for a LIBERAL to whine about the conservative bias in the insurance industry.

Did you know in most Pro union states you are pretty much forced to join the union. I mean you dont have to participate but you still have to pay the dues.. Which I think its criminal.

IF my children were just starting out in school I would put them in private school or home school. NO WAY I would put them in public schools these days. The schools have gone down hill in the past 20 years
It seems you have a problem with education because it is dominated by LIBERALS. Why is there no preponderance of conservatives in education instead of a preponderance of LIBERALS?
Perhaps it's the long hours, low pay and dismal social status that drives conservatives away from the teaching profession?
Perhaps it that, like cops and firefighters, some people are instinctively drawn to work that benefits their communitites more than it enriches them personally.

Ask yourself why there aren't more conservatives in the education game, before you eschew the people who show up and do the fricking job day in and day out while little jerks like you whine about them getting some JOB PROTECTION. And why do they need job protection? Oh, from people like you who constantly attack the profession.

Don't whine about it. That makes as much sense for a LIBERAL to whine about the conservative bias in the insurance industry.

Why dont Conservatives take those jobs you ask? It's simple really,we dont need a union to protect our jobs. We do it the old fashioned way....we work hard and become an asset to the company we work for instead of a millstone.
Leave it to a lib to take the easy way out.

Why dont Conservatives take those jobs you ask? It's simple really,we dont need a union to protect our jobs. We do it the old fashioned way....we work hard and become an asset to the company we work for instead of a millstone.

So why are there so many more liberals in the teaching profession than Conservatives?
Why is the same true in the press?

I think the answer is probably found in the question why there are no funny republicans.
Liberals have John Stewart, Robin Williams and Patton Oswalt.

Conservatives have Kelsey Grammer and Dennis Miller.

Teacher-evaluation law gives even the worst employees a clean slate - NYPOST.com

Whatever the merits, and there are some, including more federal money, a big negative is that the new system will erase current attempts to hold teachers accountable for student performance. “It wipes the slate clean,” one city official said.

That means thousands of city teachers already found to be boobs in the classroom likely will get a fresh start. Under the new law, they must get “ineffective” ratings for two consecutive years before administrators can even try to dismiss them.

unions....

Sooo......it's your contention that there are NO Conservative teachers in the teacher Unions? :confused:

Are you willing to stand by that or do you want to change your statement?

To fix failing schools we need a law that allows us to kick kids that are not learning out of schools. Some are just taking up time until they can drop out and join gangs which is a more lucrative jobs than going to college and there are no jobs.
Nothing have change about teachers. Children don't even need them to learn. All they need is a computer and a library.

UFT is a domestic terrorist organization, more dangerous than the KKK and does more damage to our children than NAMBLA

Did you know in most Pro union states you are pretty much forced to join the union. I mean you dont have to participate but you still have to pay the dues.. Which I think its criminal.

IF my children were just starting out in school I would put them in private school or home school. NO WAY I would put them in public schools these days. The schools have gone down hill in the past 20 years

Ok....assuming that is true why would that be? Many of the teachers teaching are the same ones who were teaching 20 years ago judging by the massive turnover about to take place with retiring teachers nationwide.

It's a safe bet that most of it has to do with the increasing lack of PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT. Period.

Sooo......it's your contention that there are NO Conservative teachers in the teacher Unions? :confused:

Are you willing to stand by that or do you want to change your statement?

So, you don't understand what "preponderance" means.
I'll keep that in mind when I converse with you in the future.

And you don't even know why they do that, do you?

Fine...don't join the union AND negotiate your own contract. Don't suck off the union's negotiations.

UFT is a domestic terrorist organization, more dangerous than the KKK and does more damage to our children than NAMBLA

Are you always this much of an idiot or is today a special occasion?

The American educational system practices intellectual pedophilia. Nowhere more obvious that in Democrat run big cities. The Democrat Party needs uneducated, government dependents to keep itself in power and their educational system turns our generation of them (See DaGoose's post above for confirmation)

New York City School system spends $18,000 per student and 1/3 drop out of high school and of the vast majority of the 2/3 who "Graduate" need remedial education to perform even at Community College level.

That's the Neo-Marxist education system at work

To fix failing schools we need a law that allows us to kick kids that are not learning out of schools. Some are just taking up time until they can drop out and join gangs which is a more lucrative jobs than going to college and there are no jobs.
Nothing have change about teachers. Children don't even need them to learn. All they need is a computer and a library.
Sure blame the kids:cuckoo:

Fine...don't join the union AND negotiate your own contract. Don't suck off the union's negotiations.

You are an IDIOT.. They dont even give the teachers a choice not to join. You pay no matter what.. HOw is that fair.

Sure blame the kids:cuckoo:

Who is SUPPOSED to be learning, Lovebear? Who acts like school is a punishment? Who comes and disrupts classes so a teacher cannot teach? Why do teachers spend more time in classroom management than in curriculum? Why do schools have to buy new books all the time because the classroom sets are torn and full of foul words?

Whenever have YOU spent some time in a classroom?

do they have to give up the benifits the Union has worked to get the teachers If they dont join?

You are an IDIOT.. They dont even give the teachers a choice not to join. You pay no matter what.. HOw is that fair.

How is it fair to those who pay and join that the ones that DON'T pay reap the benefit of their contract negotiations?

Actually, I believe that those who don't want to join a union shouldn't have to...but then they negotiate their own contracts, and do not get the benefit of any union perks such as retirement planning, life insurance, medical benefits, legal protection. Let them handle it on their own. Fine with me.

Forum List

Back