another reason that teacher unions are failing our students

Care to point to a post where I have disagreed with that? I don't think they are few, but I do think that the vast majority are good teachers who have a hard ass job that the unions and cry baby parents make even worse than it already is. Not to many shitty little kids.

Tell us about your experience in the classroom as a volunteer.

Personal information about me is both irrelevant to the thread, and something that I'm not going to share on a message board even if it were relevant.

Pretty clear that you have an agenda and no wish to discuss this topic like an adult, so find someone else to bother.

I could care less about anything that you might feel uncomfortable about sharing....but I am interested in your experience in a classroom seeing these things you speak of.

You DO have personal experience to bring to the table, no?

So you're a teacher? And you dont need to be a teacher to see the fruit cake shit they pull,all you have to do is read about it.
And I know plenty about union's. I've seen the crap they pull as well.

Such as?

For being a supporter of teachers ,you sure don't read much.
I have personally seen some of the crap union members pull. And I recently posted some of it.
And on top of that you can't pick up a newspaper without reading about the shenanigans they pull(thats where the reading part comes in)

You're arguing with a hack with an agenda. Why bother? Just move on.

Tell you what? Why don't more CONSERVATIVES get into the teaching profession?
It seems you have a problem with education because it is dominated by LIBERALS.
No. We have a problem with education because it is fucked up. Education is fucked up because it is replete with liberals.
Why is there no preponderance of conservatives in education instead of a preponderance of LIBERALS?
Because we can't get the sorry ass liberals fired. There aren't enough teaching positions open because they are occupied by do-nothing, teach-nothing liberals.
Perhaps it's the long hours, low pay and dismal social status that drives conservatives away from the teaching profession?
No. See above.
Perhaps it that, like cops and firefighters, some people are instinctively drawn to work that benefits their communitites more than it enriches them personally.
So are you saying that cops and firefighters are mostly liberal also. We KNOW the fucking schools are run by liberals. I've not heard any numbers on the politics of the cops and firemen.
Ask yourself why there aren't more conservatives in the education game, before you eschew the people who show up and do the fricking job day in and day out while little jerks like you whine about them getting some JOB PROTECTION. And why do they need job protection? Oh, from people like you who constantly attack the profession.
It would indeed be great if they would "show up and do the fricking job day in and day out"...but they don't...not all of them...not most of them. I'm guessing that a significant percentage of "teachers" are completely incompetent.

Don't like the Liberal bias in education? Sign up to be a teacher.
Don't whine about it. That makes as much sense for a LIBERAL to whine about the conservative bias in the insurance industry.
There should be no bias in education.

Last edited:
So you're a teacher? And you dont need to be a teacher to see the fruit cake shit they pull,all you have to do is read about it.

Such as?

For being a supporter of teachers ,you sure don't read much.
I have personally seen some of the crap union members pull. And I recently posted some of it.
And on top of that you can't pick up a newspaper without reading about the shenanigans they pull(thats where the reading part comes in)

I'm sorry you feel the need to spend time being snotty rather than posting some of those examples....or at least links to them.

As for examples in the paper, I have read about those teachers in LA and every teacher in that school has been replaced, and those two fired. Doesn't seem like the union obstructed that much. I also have read about that teacher in TX who had the honesty to ask that rude student why, if he loved Mexico so much, he didn't go back. She got fired (or is in the process of being fired)

Are those the kind of examples in the newspaper you were referring to? If not, what else FACTUAL have you got?

No smartass, but my wife is.

Do you have any idea how many "bosses" she has?

1) The Principal
2) The entire school board
3) Every parent that has a kid in that school
4) Every taxpayer

In total we're talking about 14,000 bosses.

And to top it off everyone of them have their own idea what should be taught, how it should be taught, who should teach what, how much they should be paid, how their classrooms should be set up, how many students they should teach, etc.

And none, save for the Principal, have near the education that teachers do.

So you have a vested interest in unions.
And I'm not sure how many bosses you have has anything to do with the discussion.
The thing I've always noticed about unions is the only people who like them are in them or stand to gain from them.
Wonder why that is?

How odd...and the thing I notice is the only people who are against them are those who have a vested interest in getting rid of them so they can bulldoze over workers.
Wonder why that is.

Forum List

Back