Another racist gaffe from Biden is buried by the controlled media

It's obvious from Joe Biden's comments that he thinks most blacks smell funny and that people only move here from India to work in convenience stores. If you don't think that makes him a "racist" it's hard to portray him as anything other than Washington's answer to Archie Bunker.

Nope --- that's your speculation that's racist. My question is ..... where is it in the words? Not "where is it in your imagination", not "it's obvious to me that" --- the actual words. Where is it?
  • Where does he say "most blacks smell" -- anything?
  • Where does he say people only move here from India to work in convenience stores? Where is that? Where does he mention moving at all
  • Where does he declare "Somalis can only drive taxis"? Where's the exclusivity in either of the two above?
  • What kind of race is "Somali"? You think maybe that's why the OP ran away?
You can't just plug this shit in after the fact -- it has to be stated by the speaker. You need a value judgment. Which is not present.

If this fake PC song and dance were any more transparent you'd have a broken nose from walking into it.

If you're brought to wonderment by a black man who is well spoken and "clean" then it's obvious that you don't think most black men ARE well spoken and "clean". That's the "value judgment", Sparky! If that comment had been made by Mitt Romney the Main Stream Media would have gone apoplectic in their rush to label him a closet racist...when Joe Biden makes comments like that it's chalked up to Biden being an idiot and saying stupid things.

Did you guys all get together and agree to not understand what Speculation Fallacy is? If I had a dime for every time that's been dropped in there I'd have well over a dollar by now. I'm afraid it's still a fallacy and I should warn you the next time it's dropped it's still gonna be a fallacy.

Again, he's speaking about the filed of Presidential candidates, not "most black men" -- or men at all for that matter. And again he's speaking of an entire package of saleability -- which is what elections are all about. If anything it's a slight against Jesse Jackson and Carol Mosely Braun and Shirley Chisholm (the first major party black POTUS candidate) and a few others who in his description didn't have the whole package.

And again, even if he had opined that "most black men are not clean" it would have to be a function of race to qualify as racism anyway. But he's not talking about the general population. You only get that inference when you take it out of context.

The reason it's a "slight" against those people, Pogo is that it's obvious that they aren't viewed by Biden (and many other white liberals!) as someone you'd take to dinner at the Country Club! That's why Joe had such a warm fuzzy feeling about Barry...because HIM you could take to the Country Club and he'd fit right in. Biden was in fact "opining" about most black men not being clean when his comments about Obama slipped out. Biden's problem is that his "filter" is broken and his mouth says things before his brain has a chance to figure out whether or not they are appropriate which has him sounding like Archie Bunker.

Sorry, no. You can't change somebody else's context to what you wish he had been talking about so you can make your point work. Every report has the conversation about the field of potential candidates at the time. Not "people in general". There isn't any question about that. Revisionism's not gonna fly here.

A Biden Problem Foot in Mouth - ABC News
So, are you suggesting he isn't speaking of Obama, when he says African American? And since you seem to think this is so innocuous, I am sure you have video or audio, of his calling white candidates through the years as clean and articulate, right? And your making a statement about gaffe news does '-t in anyway lessen his words. Above also find an abc article about this 'gaffe'.
Donna Brasile "When I HEARD his comments, I thought Joe Biden was referring to about a bygone era. " "Years ago when white folks referred to black people with an education, they often used words like 'articulate'. To suggest they were different, acceptable."
Are you going to continue to deny what he meant?

Biden s description of Obama draws scrutiny - CNN.com
Come on, Pogo, please.

Already covered. Try actually reading the thread...

Again, I'm already well familiar with the quote. I also know the context -- which is carefully avoided around here -- that he's talking about the field of Presidential candidates specifically. Even your video above says that.

What I'm asking is for anyone to point out where the racism in the words is. And that can't be done, ergo the claim is bullshit.

And I'm sorry, somebody calling itself "Gaffe News" and making a YouTube video doesn't make a bullshit point into a real one. It's either real, or it ain't. This one is the latter.

I'm not arrogant enough to sit on the internet and pontificate about "what he meant" but I have never denied what the words mean. Quite the contrary. Again, he's speaking about the field at the time of candidates in terms of their saleability -- their image. Nor does he at any point say, indicate or imply that "black people are not clean" -- and if he had said or meant that, the statement would have contradicted itself. Think about it.

Joe Biden's speech is raw, abjectly colloquial and unpretentious. "Working class" if you will. It's evident right in that quote -- "that's storybook, man". He speaks like a baseball announcer. The pretentious part is the rest of y'all trying to foist different values on the speech style than it had when the speaker put it out.

George W. Bush does the same thing. It's a casual colloquial style. Stop trying to pretend it's something else.

NOT arrogant? You, Pogo? :razz:

It takes arrogance to sit on the internet and declare "I see what he said, but I know what he really meant".
No, I don't have that in me. Because it can't be justified.

So, are you suggesting he isn't speaking of Obama, when he says African American? And since you seem to think this is so innocuous, I am sure you have video or audio, of his calling white candidates through the years as clean and articulate, right? And your making a statement about gaffe news does '-t in anyway lessen his words. Above also find an abc article about this 'gaffe'.
Donna Brasile "When I HEARD his comments, I thought Joe Biden was referring to about a bygone era. " "Years ago when white folks referred to black people with an education, they often used words like 'articulate'. To suggest they were different, acceptable."

Again, I'm already well familiar with the quote. I also know the context -- which is carefully avoided around here -- that he's talking about the field of Presidential candidates specifically. Even your video above says that.

What I'm asking is for anyone to point out where the racism in the words is. And that can't be done, ergo the claim is bullshit.

And I'm sorry, somebody calling itself "Gaffe News" and making a YouTube video doesn't make a bullshit point into a real one. It's either real, or it ain't. This one is the latter.

I'm not arrogant enough to sit on the internet and pontificate about "what he meant" but I have never denied what the words mean. Quite the contrary. Again, he's speaking about the field at the time of candidates in terms of their saleability -- their image. Nor does he at any point say, indicate or imply that "black people are not clean" -- and if he had said or meant that, the statement would have contradicted itself. Think about it.

Joe Biden's speech is raw, abjectly colloquial and unpretentious. "Working class" if you will. It's evident right in that quote -- "that's storybook, man". He speaks like a baseball announcer. The pretentious part is the rest of y'all trying to foist different values on the speech style than it had when the speaker put it out.

George W. Bush does the same thing. It's a casual colloquial style. Stop trying to pretend it's something else.

It takes arrogance to sit on the internet and declare "I see what he said, but I know what he really meant".

You MUST be joking. Why don't you admit, if a right winger had made those same comments, you would be all over him like flies on poop! Lol.

It's obvious from Joe Biden's comments that he thinks most blacks smell funny and that people only move here from India to work in convenience stores. If you don't think that makes him a "racist" it's hard to portray him as anything other than Washington's answer to Archie Bunker.

Nope --- that's your speculation that's racist. My question is ..... where is it in the words? Not "where is it in your imagination", not "it's obvious to me that" --- the actual words. Where is it?
  • Where does he say people only move here from India to work in convenience stores? Where is that? Where does he mention moving at all
  • Where does he declare "Somalis can only drive taxis"? Where's the exclusivity in either of the two above?
You can't just plug this shit in after the fact -- it has to be stated by the speaker. You need a value judgment. Which is not present.

If this fake PC song and dance were any more transparent you'd have a broken nose from walking into it.

If you're brought to wonderment by a black man who is well spoken and "clean" then it's obvious that you don't think most black men ARE well spoken and "clean". That's the "value judgment", Sparky! If that comment had been made by Mitt Romney the Main Stream Media would have gone apoplectic in their rush to label him a closet racist...when Joe Biden makes comments like that it's chalked up to Biden being an idiot and saying stupid things.

Did you guys all get together and agree to not understand what Speculation Fallacy is? If I had a dime for every time that's been dropped in there I'd have well over a dollar by now. I'm afraid it's still a fallacy and I should warn you the next time it's dropped it's still gonna be a fallacy.

Again, he's speaking about the filed of Presidential candidates, not "most black men" -- or men at all for that matter. And again he's speaking of an entire package of saleability -- which is what elections are all about. If anything it's a slight against Jesse Jackson and Carol Mosely Braun and Shirley Chisholm (the first major party black POTUS candidate) and a few others who in his description didn't have the whole package.

And again, even if he had opined that "most black men are not clean" it would have to be a function of race to qualify as racism anyway. But he's not talking about the general population. You only get that inference when you take it out of context.

Just say, it doesn't matter to you because he is one of YOUR guys. If you can't be honest with anyone else, at least be honest with yourself. :rolleyes-41:

I don't have "guys" and I don't have a "party". Don't you get it?
Unless I'm posting nuts and bolts of some field of expertise, nothing I post on this board is about anyone's "guys" It's bout logic. I'm a fallacy hunter. And this here is low hanging fruit*. The point as presented simply does not work, and I've demonstrated that.

Nor did we ever get an explanation on how "Somali" is a race...

*OK, so I mixed a hunting and fruiting metaphor. So sue me.

You MUST be joking. Why don't you admit, if a right winger had made those same comments, you would be all over him like flies on poop! Lol.

Still tossing Speculation Fallacy pasta at the wall.
Still not sticking.
Lotsa pasta on the floor.

Old Joe can't keep his roving hands off females either.
biden-carter-internal.jpg

What an old piece of shit...
I can't either....

Still not sticking.

Well I see there is egg on your face. :D

Still not sticking.

Baloney. As my mother used to say, "you're full of soup!" ;)

Thanks for saying it so well. Though, I bet, Pogo will be back to once again defend the undefensible. Pogo thinks she can convince others that, which I imagine she knows, is undefensible, is just innocent. That is called blind obedience.

The reason it's a "slight" against those people, Pogo is that it's obvious that they aren't viewed by Biden (and many other white liberals!) as someone you'd take to dinner at the Country Club! That's why Joe had such a warm fuzzy feeling about Barry...because HIM you could take to the Country Club and he'd fit right in. Biden was in fact "opining" about most black men not being clean when his comments about Obama slipped out. Biden's problem is that his "filter" is broken and his mouth says things before his brain has a chance to figure out whether or not they are appropriate which has him sounding like Archie Bunker.

No party?? Fallacy hunter?? Excuse me while I roll on the floor laughing so hard my sides might split.

Just say, it doesn't matter to you because he is one of YOUR guys. If you can't be honest with anyone else, at least be honest with yourself. :rolleyes-41:

I don't have "guys" and I don't have a "party". Don't you get it?
Unless I'm posting nuts and bolts of some field of expertise, nothing I post on this board is about anyone's "guys" It's bout logic. I'm a fallacy hunter. And this here is low hanging fruit*. The point as presented simply does not work, and I've demonstrated that.

Nor did we ever get an explanation on how "Somali" is a race...

*OK, so I mixed a hunting and fruiting metaphor. So sue me.

Still not sticking.

Baloney. As my mother used to say, "you're full of soup!" ;)

That's bologna to you. :D

Thanks for saying it so well. Though, I bet, Pogo will be back to once again defend the undefensible. Pogo thinks she can convince others that, which I imagine she knows, is undefensible, is just innocent. That is called blind obedience.

The invitation is still open -- and will remain open forever -- to demonstrate how the words (the actual words in context, not the "what I think he really meant" BS but the words, verbatim) express racism.

That question remains unmolested. Because it has no answer.

"What race is 'Somali'?" -- there is no answer.
"Where does he say Indians only come here to run convenience stores?" "Where does he say Somalis only come to drive taxis?"

He doesn't. The questions cannot be answered. And I already know this, that's why I pose the questions. And y'all can't bring yourselves to admit the meme is complete bullshit. Quit parrotig the memes you're told to parrot and analyze them.

Lotta people, especially blogger/TV/radio gadflies, have got trigger-happy tossing out "racist" every other minute. So much so that they've got y'all salivating when somebody says "Somali" -- "dat's wacist!"

Well, no. It isn't.

Last edited:
You are either very young, and had no exposure to such comments, or you are trying to pull the wool over the eyes of those not in the know. Now, do I think his 'colloquial' clean meant black men are usually dirty? No. He meant, due to his generational upbringing tinged with racism, obviously, he is well groomed, well dressed, not what his racist generational crowd would usually expect.

Your wish to remove the generational comments from their past racist implications is an abject failure, dear.

The invitation is still open -- and will remain open forever -- to demonstrate how the words (the actual words in context, not the "what I think he really meant" BS but the words, verbatim) express racism.

That question remains unmolested. Because it has no answer.

"What race is 'Somali'?" -- there is no answer.
"Where does he say Indians only come here to run convenience stores?" "Where does he say Somalis only come to drive taxis?"

He doesn't. The questions cannot be answered. And I already know this, that's why I pose the questions. And y'all can't bring yourselves to admit the meme is complete bullshit. Quit parrotig the memes you're told to parrot and analyze them.

Lotta people, especially blogger/TV/radio gadflies, have got trigger-happy tossing out "racist" every other minute. So much so that they've got y'all salivating when somebody says "Somali" -- "dat's wacist!"

Well, no. It isn't.

You are either very young, and had no exposure to such comments, or you are trying to pull the wool over the eyes of those not in the know. Now, do I think his 'colloquial' clean meant black men are usually dirty? No. He meant, due to his generational upbringing tinged with racism, obviously, he is well groomed, well dressed, not what his racist generational crowd would usually expect.

Finally. You're on the right track.

Yes, as noted before he's talking about candidate saleability. Basically saying O'bama is more marketable than was, say, Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. And IMO he was right.

And all three of them are black, so trying to inject racism completely fails. Racism by definition holds a race to exhibit blanket traits. It contradicts the idea of diversity. That's the entire problem with it.

Get it now?

I get it. The problem is you want to separate the two. That is indefensible. It only helps continue the meme as it's ok. Just because a so-called second meaning is unrecognizable to some, doesn't mean it isn't there, and therefore innocent. It is far from innocent and one reason it must be noted, otherwise today's generation, never understanding the past racial connotations of words/phrases will repeat them and find themselves offending those that do.

Finally. You're on the right track.

Yes, as noted before he's talking about candidate saleability. Basically saying O'bama is more marketable than was, say, Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. And IMO he was right.

And all three of them are black, so trying to inject racism completely fails. Racism by definition holds a race to exhibit blanket traits. It contradicts the idea of diversity. That's the entire problem with it.

Get it now?

Sorry, no. You can't change somebody else's context to what you wish he had been talking about so you can make your point work. Every report has the conversation about the field of potential candidates at the time. Not "people in general". There isn't any question about that. Revisionism's not gonna fly here.

I haven't changed the context of Joe Biden's statements. He said what he said. As I pointed out earlier, Joe Biden's filter doesn't seem to work anymore. Inappropriate things come out of his mouth. His comment about Barack Obama. His comment about people from India working in 7/11's. Those are the kinds of things that many people THINK but would never utter publicly because they understand that they are inappropriate. I find Joe Biden to be a bit of an idiot at this stage of his life. He's the equivalent of the senile old uncle who comes to holiday dinners and says racist things that he shouldn't. Everyone attempts to laugh it off because it's just "Crazy Uncle Joe" but that doesn't make him any less of a racist.

Biden has a history of racist comments and they're always buried by his pals in the press.

Soooooo .... where exactly does he say Somalis are "nothing more than" cab drivers?

And where are these past racist comments? Got any quotes?

Yeahhhhh, nothing racist about Biden's comments' Like saying a black guy being clean and articulate was "Storybook, man!"

Really.
And where did he say this?

:popcorn:

Seriously, Pogo? You're embarrassing yourself...

Funny nobody can answer the question, innit? Echo chamber repeats the meme over and over, nobody bothers to stop and check to see if it makes any sense in the first place. Oopsie.

Even funnier that even given the dearth of a basis, nobody can bring themselves to admit the OP is full of shit.

DeNial is a deep river.
Funny how liberals thought Trent Lott complementing Thurmond on his birthday was racist. He never mentioned race, and he was forced to resign. Oh the hypocrisy on the left.

Funny how liberals thought Trent Lott complementing Thurmond on his birthday was racist. He never mentioned race, and he was forced to resign. Oh the hypocrisy on the left.

You're not allowed to say that.

I haven't changed the context of Joe Biden's statements. He said what he said. As I pointed out earlier, Joe Biden's filter doesn't seem to work anymore. Inappropriate things come out of his mouth. His comment about Barack Obama. His comment about people from India working in 7/11's. Those are the kinds of things that many people THINK but would never utter publicly because they understand that they are inappropriate. I find Joe Biden to be a bit of an idiot at this stage of his life. He's the equivalent of the senile old uncle who comes to holiday dinners and says racist things that he shouldn't. Everyone attempts to laugh it off because it's just "Crazy Uncle Joe" but that doesn't make him any less of a racist.

That's one way to look at it.

The other way is perhaps he doesn't subscribe to the PC Bullshit Mentality that needs to Bowdlerize everything. Because it leads to idiocy like this thread.

Forum List

Back