CDZ Another Question for Gun Owners

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Howey, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,760
    I see nothing turpitudinous about my stance.

I have no moral, legal or ethical obligation to come to anyone's defense.

I have absolutely no right to tell other people what to do which also means I respect their personal choices.

If a person chooses to go unarmed then he is choosing to either rely on his martial arts skills or the police to come to his aid if his safety or life is ever threatened by a criminal.

If that person saw me getting assaulted all they could do is call the cops so why should I do more for them they they are willing to do for themselves or anyone else?

2. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,356
    They did exactly what they should have done - retreat and protect themselves and let the police take care of the situation as they are not vigilantes.

The only reason that you are upset is because all those bullshit scenarios that would help your gun control argument simply did not happen.

3. M14 Shooter

M14 Shooter The Light of Truth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,572
    :badgrin:

4. M14 Shooter

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,572
    All of them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Fair&Balanced

Fair&Balanced BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,516
    First of all you ignoramus, no one has to defend their reasoning for wanting a 100 round magazine. They only have to defend themselves if they commit a crime with such.

Second of all, no serious gun person is going to use a 100 round magazine. They are unwieldy and anyone knows that the larger the magazine the more likely a jam will occur.

Even in a fully automatic weapon such as my M16A1, a 30 rounder is all you want because well they jam up too often as it is, and a sustained 30 round burst will heat a barrel like crazy and the time taken to reload allows some of that heat to bleed off.

6. Hiryuu

Hiryuu Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134
    Well, it is hard to argue with that. Perhaps I was just a tad bit optimistic, since Vandalshandle was so inclined as to mock or ridicule what anyone else may have to defend their family with, he/she would be willing to express what they thought was a more appropriate amount. It is quite interesting Vandalshandle isn't actually willing to express what they think is a better option.

7. Vandalshandle

Vandalshandle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,085
    I disagree. You not only do not need a 100 round magazine, you don't need a grenade, or a mortar, for self defence, or any other reason.

8. Vandalshandle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,085
    I'm guess that if you need 100 rounds, you would spend your money more effectively investing in a pair of glasses that 100 bullets.

9. M14 Shooter

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,572
    Trolls are like that.

10. Vandalshandle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,085
    The Orlando shooter tried to buy bulletproof armor from a gun dealer who routinely sold such items to the police. The gun dealer refused to sell, because he figured something was up. he did not report the shooter to the FBI, because he did not even have his name, since no background check was run. What this dealer did, because he was a responsible citizen, should be codified into law, because too many people would have simply said, 'Well, I don't know what he wants with this stuff, but it is not illegal, so, it is not my problem". I would remind you that john Hinckley has been released, and it is not against the law for me to sell him anything he wants, since i am not a licensed gun dealer.

• Winner Winner x 1