Another person mentions Edwards as the most probable VP

Dec 3, 2003
Fayetteville
I attended my first Kerry meetup here in Arkansas at the Democrat Headquarters of our region. There were only about 20 of us there because the Dem Convention hasn't happened, but one of them was a former Kerry swiftboat crewmember who is a good friend of Sen. Kerry and goes accross the country doing interviews to defend the senator.

He said that right now they are really considering Wes Clark and Edwards. This guy is a Kerry campaign insider and imo very credible.

I think Kerry will go for Edwards, especially since Terry McCaulif has said he wants him. Seems to me like it is Edward's to lose at this point.

The problem is i dont really see what Edwards brings to the ticket. Edwards didnt even beat Kerry in the South, does Kerry seem to think that Edwards will bring him Southern votes? i dont think Edwards would even bring Kerry N Carolina.

It might stabalize his base alittle more. I mean other than the unions who say if he doesnt choose Gepheardt they wont be happy.

Edwards has the charisma and charm appeal that Kerry lacks. A good VP who can garner swing votes is a possibility, rather than playing to your base (Dick Gephart).

Edwards is slick, really slick, I mean this guy could talk a nun into a one night stand. That's scary in a sense. However, he would probably be the best debate opponent for Cheney, especially if Cheney loses face again and blows it on national TV during the debate. Edwards has that effect on people, former Sen. Faircloth looked enraged and defeated in the debate I saw him in back during Edwards successful 98 senate run.

Kerry seems to be making his best gamble, he can win swing states in the border south, but not in the south itself...i.e. Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Florida, Missouri.... possible for three or four of them but not for all six.

Who knows what will happen though?

Originally posted by NATO AIR
Edwards has the charisma and charm appeal that Kerry lacks. A good VP who can garner swing votes is a possibility, rather than playing to your base (Dick Gephart).

Edwards is slick, really slick, I mean this guy could talk a nun into a one night stand. That's scary in a sense. However, he would probably be the best debate opponent for Cheney, especially if Cheney loses face again and blows it on national TV during the debate. Edwards has that effect on people, former Sen. Faircloth looked enraged and defeated in the debate I saw him in back during Edwards successful 98 senate run.

Edwards is the quintessential metrosexual, is he not?

ha, yea it would seem

he is an articulate debater and i think if kerry would ever start taking stands on issues, he would probably be the most eloquent and effective mouthpiece for kerry and the dems.

kerry doesnt' trust him though it seems.

Originally posted by NATO AIR
ha, yea it would seem

he is an articulate debater and i think if kerry would ever start taking stands on issues, he would probably be the most eloquent and effective mouthpiece for kerry and the dems.

kerry doesnt' trust him though it seems.

This brilliant GOP ad for Bush repeats Kerry's speech to Congress....:

"We cannot fight communism all over the world, and I think we should have learned that lesson by now."

Now that Republicans have defeated Communism despite his entire political foundation what kind of national security assurance does Kerry offer to his Democratic constituency.

Some promise of French troops?

I've seen the Democratic party offer nothing of substance to our own war against Fundamentalist Islam but their own excitement over the new M.M. 9-11 film.

Which seriously, seems really pathetic to me.

Senator Kerry was interviewing Governor Richardson today for possibility as the VP nomination.

Edwards may offer some charisma but i dont think he could hold water against Cheney in anything other than maybe image. And i dont even think he would win there. I mean look how Edwards bungled all the Democrat debates and its not like he has very charismatic competition there. Edwards is better one on one with people. He is better made his living asking the questions. he doesnt know how to answer the questions.

In the end regardless the VP wont matter much. We will all have to make a choice if we want to support a leader or a follower. We either vote for the leader of this nation or the follower of the UN. I think the choice is obvious.

Forum List

Back