Another Group Peeling Away?

President Obama 1.3

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

President Obama 231 Governor Romney 191

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

President Obama 332 Governor Romney 206

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map No Toss Ups

Best start peeling real fast, still no change.

Old Rocks, when looking at RCP, you should note the dates of the polls and if they are Likely Voters or just Registered voters. Likely voters are the voters who are most likely to show up and vote. The dates determine if the poll is relevant or not.

Then determine which poll is most likely accurate.

President Obama 1.3

Old Rocks, when looking at RCP, you should note the dates of the polls and if they are Likely Voters or just Registered voters. Likely voters are the voters who are most likely to show up and vote. The dates determine if the poll is relevant or not.

Then determine which poll is most likely accurate.

So, that would mean that the NPR Likely Voter poll of July 16th showing Obama up by 2 was more accurate than the CBS Registered Voter poll of the same week showing Romney up by 1...

...is that how that works?

President Obama 1.3

Really?

So.....how to explain this:

"DHS gears up for civil unrest prior to presidential elections."
DHS gears up for civil unrest prior to presidential elections — RT

Read between the lines, rocks.

American Jews will do what they always do, they'll vote for Dems.
There's a big difference between Israeli Jews, and American ones.

I believe you are correct....basically.

But it's the loss of a sizable percentage that Obamunists fear.

He won by 7%......just has to lose 4% and he's gone like a cool breeze....

I am really quite surprised that Obama is doing as well as he is with Jewish voters. After the shameful way he treated Netanyahu awhile back, and his lack of support for Israel.

I'm utterly stunned that Obama is still a contender.
I guess four years of punitive rule isn't even enough to cure that irrational sense of white guilt that so many suffer from. What else could explain this race being this close despite the dismal performance of our current "leader"?

Your gut is correct.

He isn't.

It's not just a like able factor for Oblama, it is the unlikable factor of Mittens.

American Jews tend to be liberal. They value things like education, the arts, tzedakah and equal opportunity. They tend to support a two state solution for the Israeli/Palestinian problems. One thing I love about Judaism is how they are less dogmatic than most Christian faiths, and are more likely to think outside of the box.

I'm sure it didn't go unnoticed that Obama's first Supreme Court nominee was a Jewish woman. Nope, I don't think American Jews will abandon the party of equal opportunity for all. Sure the right wing Israeli Jews are pretty conservative and have been allying themselves with fundies, out of convenience. But they realize that deep down, the fundie agenda is just wanting to push their version of end-times, where Jews will either convert or be tossed into they myth of fire and brimstone. The majority of American Jews tend to be more pragmatic about the dangers of right wing fundamental Christians, and their intent to theocratize American society.

I predict Obama will lose ground with every demographic group - hispanics, asians, whites, blacks. And jews, of course.

I remember that some time ago I read an article about jews in the US, and it showed that the proportion of orthodox jews was growing, while the proportion of secular jews was decreasing. This is due to a much higher fertility among orthodox jews, and this is a group which is very conservative, at least on social issues.

I don't think these orthodox jews are happy with Obama's endorsement of gay marriage. And I will guess they are also paying a lot of atention to the president's stance towards Israel.

It's not just a like able factor for Oblama, it is the unlikable factor of Mittens.

I can just see the thought processes....."hmmm.....beer summit, and double recession....or boring guy and the end of the ineptitude....

....beer summit! Yeah....that's the ticket!!!"

I can just see it now......zzzzzzzzzz....

I predict Obama will lose ground with every demographic group - hispanics, asians, whites, blacks. And jews, of course.

I remember that some time ago I read an article about jews in the US, and it showed that the proportion of orthodox jews was growing, while the proportion of secular jews was decreasing. This is due to a much higher fertility among orthodox jews, and this is a group which is very conservative, at least on social issues.

I don't think these orthodox jews are happy with Obama's endorsement of gay marriage. And I will guess they are also paying a lot of atention to the president's stance towards Israel.

Josh.....if they can have enough new 18-year-olds by November 6th.....

We may have the makings of a sixth book of the OT!

Forum List

Back