Another Group Peeling Away?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PoliticalChic, Jul 28, 2012.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,936
    1. "In an interview, House minority leader Nancy Pelosi said that she believes Republican Jews are "being exploited," but she was sure to add, "And they're smart people."

2. Pelosi made the comments in response to whether Jewish voters would support President Barack Obama in the presidential election later this year.

3. "I think [Obama] will" win the Jewish vote, Pelosi said, when pressed on the subject. "I think that he will, because the fact is when the facts get out. You know, as many of the Republicans are using Israel as an excuse, what they really want are tax cuts for the wealthy. So Israel, that can be one reason they put forth."

4. The interviewer then added, "That’s why some of the Republican Jewish supporters are really active."
    Pelosi: Republican Jews 'Being Exploited' | The Weekly Standard

And this.....

5. "Daniel Halper has called attention to Nancy Pelosi's remarkable interview with Al Hunt on the topic of Barack Obama and Israel. I'd note one comment in particular: Pelosi's claim that President Obama "has been there [Israel] over and over again."

6. I'm involved with the Emergency Committee for Israel. We have an ad up in several states calling attention to the fact that President Obama, who's been quite the world traveler, has never visited Israel as president.

7. Contrary to Pelosi's apparent claim, President Obama hasn't been to Israel over and over again. He's never been as president,...

8. "over and over" before becoming president, and that's what Pelosi meant to say? No. When he was senator, Obama went on two trips to Israel, once with several other freshmen members of Congress, and then as a presidential candidate. And he'd never been interested enough in Israel to visit as a private citizen. So much for the notion that Obama's been "over and over again."
    Pelosi: President Obama's Been to Israel

So, what's with all the palaver?

Could there be some internal polling that doesn't look too good for 'The One'????

ONE can only hope.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  2. McDowell's

McDowell's BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +239
    You have to understand. Nancy Pelosi does not live in the same space time continuum as the rest of us. Just like the health care bill. Everything she experiences happens in reverse order from a rational viewpoint. By her saying he has been there over and over, she meant that he will have been there over and over at some point in the distant future..maybe. So she was telling the truth in her own mind.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    I am really quite surprised that Obama is doing as well as he is with Jewish voters. After the shameful way he treated Netanyahu awhile back, and his lack of support for Israel.

4. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    Jillian is a perfect example she simply ignores all his negative Israeli action cause she is enamored of the "first black" President. She spent most of 2008 and 2009 calling anyone that had a problem with Obama's policies racists.

5. Listening

Listening Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,044
    I am sorry to report she lost that about 10 years ago.

6. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,936

I won't bet on it....but I'm gonna guess that she won't vote for Obama.

May not vote for Romney....but, like many who voted for him in '08, she will recuse herself.

He has been a great disappointment...and not just to the Right.

7. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,702

I believe she has answered at least one poll in which she indicated she will in fact vote for obama.

8. buckeye45_73

buckeye45_73 Lakhota's my *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,967
    Damn I missed that.....that sucks, I love it when liberals break out the isms and ists

9. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,211
    Every four years, we have to endure these tedious rightwing fantasies,

the Jewish vote is going Republican, the black vote is going Republican, the Hispanic vote is going Republican, blah de blah de blah....

10. zzzz

zzzz Just a regular American

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +429
    :badgrin:
    Really? All the ones who sit in those seats (the few times they do) are out of touch with the people. From Obama to the lowliest Representative. Some more than others sure, but most have not experienced (lived) what the majority of the people have experienced in the last 12 years.