Another GOP Debate This Morning

I can't say I like the debates... Nothing is accomplished. The forums that they do are 1,000x better imo. In debates it's all about giving answers that make the crowd cheer, in a forum you wouldn’t see most the answers that we get here because you would look like a teenage idiot.

I like Ron Paul, some debates for him go very well some have been bad for him. However the main issue is that when Paul is asked a question he usually tries to answer it, these debates are about the moderator picking a fight for the candidates, not answering the questions with solutions.

Again, the formula is simplistic, you can see the audience reaction before the candidate has finished their sound bite.
Reagan
God
War
Children
More war Iran/China/Syira/ Going back into Iraq....
Troops
Cut taxes
Cut regulations
Insult Obama…

The more of that list you can fit in 30 seconds the more of a reaction you get. Newt is very good at using 2 or even 3 of that list in most answers, that is why Newt’s record can be one of the worst but he can debate so well.

Last edited:
Did Romney just say that he's against gay marriage, and two seconds later claim that that was the most recent time he spoke out to increase gay rights?

Did Romney just say that he's against gay marriage, and two seconds later claim that that was the most recent time he spoke out to increase gay rights?

Yeah, I got a kick out of that.

Apparently, making appointments = advancing gay rights to him

:dunno:

I can't say I like the debates... Nothing is accomplished. The forums that they do are 1,000x better imo. In debates it's all about giving answers that make the crowd cheer, in a forum you wouldn’t see most the answers that we get here because you would look like a teenage idiot.

I like Ron Paul, some debates for him go very well some have been bad for him. However the main issue is that when Paul is asked a question he usually tries to answer it, these debates are about the moderator picking a fight for the candidates, not answering the questions with solutions.

Again, the formula is simplistic, you can see the audience reaction before the candidate has finished their sound bite.
Reagan
God
War
Children
More war Iran/China/Syira/ Going back into Iraq....
Troops
Cut taxes
Cut regulations
Insult Obama…

The more of that list you can fit in 30 seconds the more of a reaction you get. Newt is very good at using 2 or even 3 of that list in most answers, that is why Newt’s record can be one of the worst but he can debate so well.

I don't see the point in debates. Their records are what people should be checking, not the words coming out of their lying mouths. Their actions speak much louder than their words ever will.

***useless willowtree dribble snipped***

No party leader of either half of Congress has ever publicly stated that making the President a one term President was their number one goal.

So, I guess now is as good a time as any to check in with the mods and see if the rules have been suspended about changing some one's original post. Cause if you can do it I'd sure like to be able to do it too. And you knew about this rule before you changed my post because you used to be a mod. A lousy mod at that.

No party leader of either half of Congress has ever publicly stated that making the President a one term President was their number one goal.

So, I guess now is as good a time as any to check in with the mods and see if the rules have been suspended about changing some one's original post. Cause if you can do it I'd sure like to be able to do it too. And you knew about this rule before you changed my post because you used to be a mod. A lousy mod at that.

Have at it :thup:

Grow thicker skin willow. There's a huge difference between changing someone's words to manipulate the discussion, and clearly disclaiming that you've just removed the words due to uselessness.

Grow thicker skin willow. There's a huge difference between changing someone's words to manipulate the discussion, and clearly disclaiming that you've just removed the words due to uselessness.

:eusa_shhh:

I am having at it.

bullshit.

Yes, and that is what I mean when I say they are hypocrites and true bigots.
Last night Santorum claimed "It's liberals that put people in categories/groups and label them" when talking about the "middle class." Then Santorum claims "We don't do that." Now this morning Santorum is grouping gays together and saying "they" can't get married and that he even wants to change the constitution by making a federal law that literally discriminates against Gays alone.

It's hypocrisy and you don’t need to stretch a truth to see it.

Today Santorum claims Iran is a theocracy and that is why he would insight war with them… He claims it’s their religious views mixed with government that make them a danger, then Santorum wants to mix his religious views in US government to ban same sex marriage.

bullshit.

It bothered you that much, huh? :lol:

Yes, and that is what I mean when I say they are hypocrites and true bigots.
Last night Santorum claimed "It's liberals that put people in categories/groups and label them" when talking about the "middle class." Then Santorum claims "We don't do that." Now this morning Santorum is grouping gays together and saying "they" can't get married and that he even wants to change the constitution by making a federal law that literally discriminates against Gays alone.

It's hypocrisy and you don’t need to stretch a truth to see it.

Today Santorum claims Iran is a theocracy and that is why he would insight war with them… He claims it’s their religious views mixed with government that make them a danger, then Santorum wants to mix his religious views in US government to ban same sex marriage.

He's hoping lack of critical thinking ability among the electorate will cover his ass on that.

And he's probably right.

I am having at it.

Good luck.

I didn't change what you said, I snipped it out and addressed the context of the original post.

bullshit.

It bothered you that much, huh? :lol:

She is nutty for Newtie, she is just following in her messiah footsteps and having a fit every time she is called out on her shit.

Willo will make fun of Paul but Paul is polling 2x better than her fav, shit like that just sends her on a rampage similar to that of Truthmatters.

Forum List

Back