Another GOP Debate This Morning

Good foreign policy point, Ron.

Yeah but Santorum was correct when he said that everything Paul wants to do that Republicans like, he can't accomplish and everything that makes Republicans nervous he can do on day one.

i think he can slow the increase of our national debt. they should like that a little.

Good foreign policy point, Ron.

Yeah but Santorum was correct when he said that everything Paul wants to do that Republicans like, he can't accomplish and everything that makes Republicans nervous he can do on day one.

This is misleading.

Everything that republicans like about him he CAN do, which would start in large part with him vetoing every single bill that hits his desk that grows government or isn't a balanced budget.

If you're a conservative, that's the biggest appeal, because past republican presidents have just as bad of a track record of signing legislation that grows government and increases debt as democrat presidents have had.

What Paul would do is force congress to be fiscally conservative before he'll sign legislation into law, or else expose them as the spenders they are if they work together to override his vetos.

Good points guys but I think you should consider how that might play out in the media.

i think he can slow the increase of our national debt. they should like that a little.

This is misleading.

Everything that republicans like about him he CAN do, which would start in large part with him vetoing every single bill that hits his desk that grows government or isn't a balanced budget.

If you're a conservative, that's the biggest appeal, because past republican presidents have just as bad of a track record of signing legislation that grows government and increases debt as democrat presidents have had.

What Paul would do is force congress to be fiscally conservative before he'll sign legislation into law, or else expose them as the spenders they are if they work together to override his vetos.

Good points guys but I think you should consider how that might play out in the media.

I don't think Paul is worried about how it would play out in the media. He simply wants a chance to put his policies into play, and let them work how they work. I think he believes his policies will speak for themselves, and the media is rather irrelevant to that.

The media can pop shit all they want. If things get better, then what other choice would they have but to admit that he's right?

I don't think Paul is worried about how it would play out in the media. He simply wants a chance to put his policies into play, and let them work how they work. I think he believes his policies will speak for themselves, and the media is rather irrelevant to that.

The media can pop shit all they want. If things get better, then what other choice would they have but to admit that he's right?

I foresee a whole lotta veto overrides and a President with a dismal approval rating if he takes that tact.

Last edited:

This is misleading.

no doubt that the media would crush him.

but the current generation of politicians (both in office and on the ballot) are like a bunch of 20 somethings who run out and get twenty credit cards and max them all out. then can't even pay the interest. then the pissed off father (paul) comes in and puts his foot down (problem is, the voters have been conditioned to think that if there side isn't elected then satan has won so the "father's" influence is basically nil).

so, what we are gonna get is our country being around 21-25T in debt after the next president. that's a number that can crash our economy and way of life. i hope everyone understands what they're voting for.

Last edited:
Let’s be clear on something. If you claim to not discriminate like Santorum and Mitt but then claim Gays should not be allowed to get married and believe we need a federal law for than then guess what, you just discriminated… Leave it to the Media to not be able to point that out.

I foresee a whole lotta veto overrides and President with a dismal approval rating if he takes that tact.

That's my point, though. If congress overrides his vetos, especially if it's a republican majority, then it just exposes the truth about them that they're not really a conservative party.

What this would do is lead to a 2010 redux in 2014, to kick the rest of the RINOs out and get representatives who WOULDN'T override Paul's vetos.

It's an endgame type of situation. I don't expect Paul to create miracles. The shit is just too deep to fix in only 4 or 8 years. It goes beyond just fixing some policies, there's a whole thought process and attitude in this country that needs to change first.

Let’s be clear on something. If you claim to not discriminate like Santorum and Mitt but then claim Gays should not be allowed to get married and believe we need a federal law for than then guess what, you just discriminated… Leave it to the Media to not be able to point that out.

yet you vote demoncrap and no one discriminates more than the congressional black caucus. lap it up.

I foresee a whole lotta veto overrides and President with a dismal approval rating if he takes that tact.

That's my point, though. If congress overrides his vetos, especially if it's a republican majority, then it just exposes the truth about them that they're not really a conservative party.

What this would do is lead to a 2010 redux in 2014, to kick the rest of the RINOs out and get representatives who WOULDN'T override Paul's vetos.

It's an endgame type of situation. I don't expect Paul to create miracles. The shit is just too deep to fix in only 4 or 8 years. It goes beyond just fixing some policies, there's a whole thought process and attitude in this country that needs to change first.

Fair 'nuff

yet you vote demoncrap and no one discriminates more than the congressional black caucus. lap it up.

Willow stop being an idiot. Avorysuds doesn't vote democrat, he's a libertarian.

Leave it to a progressive liberal to tell me how I voted....

Willow stop being an idiot. Avorysuds doesn't vote democrat, he's a libertarian.

Like Ron Paul? Damn they sound just like Demoncraps.

Forum List

Back