Another 'Good News' Bit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Seem to be finding these more, which is good:

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040617/NEWS/406170396/1004

excerpts:

2. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    I'm covered in goosebumps! What a great story, thanks for posting this Kat!!! :usa:

3. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    Kathianne ,
    Thanks for a great article that shows the humanity of our President . A friend of mine who lost his mother in the second tower went to the one year anniversary where President and Laura Bush met with the survivors and relatives at ground zero . The walk he and his wife made down that ramp by themselves and the meeting with those people cemented my admiration for this great leader . My friend shook his hand and told him to give the UN hell tomorrow (it was the day before he went to the Un to give his speech). He said both Presiden Bush and Laura Bush had tears streaming down their faces as they hugged each person in the group . This wasn't just some photo-op , he atually "felt their pain".
    Somehow I don't see John Kerry doing anyhing like this , he is too busy avoiding his job in the Senate and getting his picture taken playing as many sports as possible . . . . cheesy.