ANOTHER global warming march gets buried in snow

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Once again, God gives them a hint. Once again, they ignore, it, miss it, or desperately try to misinterpret it.

These people are a real hoot. I'm glad they are doing such a spectacularly good job of debunking their own fruitcake theories. :^)

Although, I guess if they didn't keep making such fools of themselves, no one would pay attention to them at all.

-------------------------------------

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070317/NEWS02/203170340/-1/sports

Group braves snow to raise awareness for environment

By ADAM GORLICK, The Associated Press
Published: Saturday, Mar. 17, 2007

bilde

Photo by The Associated Press

Participants in the Interfaith Walk for Climate Rescue, a group advocating environmental issues who are walking between Northampton, Mass., and Boston, trudge through a spring snowstorm on the first day of the walk in Northampton on Friday.

As the world’s warmest winter on record drew to an end with a weekend snow storm, a group of religious leaders started walking across the state Friday to bring attention to global warming.

“People have been asking me what happens if it snows,” said the Rev. Fred Small of the First Church Unitarian in Littleton. “I tell them: ‘We walk.’ ”

The nine-day haul from downtown Northampton, Mass., to Copley Square in Boston was planned far before forecasts called for a weekend of snow and sleet just a few days before the start of spring.

“It was windy and cold. I was walking on the front of the line and I felt like I was bow of a ship with the wind just coming into my face,” said the Rev. Margaret Bullitt-Johns of the Grace Episcopal Church in Amherst, where the group warmed up on bowls of lentil and minestrone soup after walking eight miles in deep snow from Northampton to Amherst.

Bullitt-Johns said the walkers kept their spirits strong by singing “Keep on walking forward, never turning back,” a hymn they had chanted in prayer services before the march to Boston.

The Rev. Andrea Ayvazian of the Haydenville Congregational Church said the snow was so deep, it felt like she was breaking trail.

Once again, God gives them a hint. Once again, they ignore, it, miss it, or desperately try to misinterpret it.

These people are a real hoot. I'm glad they are doing such a spectacularly good job of debunking their own fruitcake theories. :^)

Although, I guess if they didn't keep making such fools of themselves, no one would pay attention to them at all.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070317/NEWS02/203170340/-1/sports

bilde

Participants in the Interfaith Walk for Climate Rescue, a group advocating environmental issues who are walking between Northampton, Mass., and Boston, trudge through a spring snowstorm on the first day of the walk in Northampton on Friday.

As the world’s warmest winter on record drew to an end with a weekend snow storm, a group of religious leaders started walking across the state Friday to bring attention to global warming.

“People have been asking me what happens if it snows,” said the Rev. Fred Small of the First Church Unitarian in Littleton. “I tell them: ‘We walk.’ ”

The nine-day haul from downtown Northampton, Mass., to Copley Square in Boston was planned far before forecasts called for a weekend of snow and sleet just a few days before the start of spring.

“It was windy and cold. I was walking on the front of the line and I felt like I was bow of a ship with the wind just coming into my face,” said the Rev. Margaret Bullitt-Johns of the Grace Episcopal Church in Amherst, where the group warmed up on bowls of lentil and minestrone soup after walking eight miles in deep snow from Northampton to Amherst.

Bullitt-Johns said the walkers kept their spirits strong by singing “Keep on walking forward, never turning back,” a hymn they had chanted in prayer services before the march to Boston.

The Rev. Andrea Ayvazian of the Haydenville Congregational Church said the snow was so deep, it felt like she was breaking trail.

It must absolutely SUCK to be so stupid as to hold a Global Warming March in the freakin' snow. Talk about piss-poor sales technique.:lol:

bilde

how sad to have such a simple minded understanding about global warming that you would think that a snowstorm proves it isn't happening.

how sad to have such a simple minded understanding about global warming that you would think that a snowstorm proves it isn't happening.

I don't think the snowstorm is in and of itself proff of anything but a snowstorm. I question the business sense and salesmanship of someone trying to sell a topic such as global warming DURING a snowstorm.

If I'm trying to sell global warming, I'm coming to the Southwestern US in July and filming my efforts.

The fact is, IMO most people DO have a simple-minded understanding of global warming, and know only what the chearleaders on the "for" or "against" teams have to say as far as information goes.

I don't think the snowstorm is in and of itself proff of anything but a snowstorm. I question the business sense and salesmanship of someone trying to sell a topic such as global warming DURING a snowstorm.

If I'm trying to sell global warming, I'm coming to the Southwestern US in July and filming my efforts.

The fact is, IMO most people DO have a simple-minded understanding of global warming, and know only what the chearleaders on the "for" or "against" teams have to say as far as information goes.

I do not disagree with a word of that.

i think it was more of a humourus post than one based in science. we need to sort the argument out, does co2 rise then temp, or is it the other way round.

Global warming is thought to be the cause of the extremities of weather, therefore a severe snowstorm would nicely illustrate the point.

Gunny
Although MM used a double negative, he's actually agreeing with your post..:eusa_dance: (I think!!)

i think it was more of a humourus post than one based in science. we need to sort the argument out, does co2 rise then temp, or is it the other way round.

How about does the Earth go through cyclical temperature changes, and what REAL evidence supports that the current "cause" of global warming is not simply that?

Just to put some perspective to my statement, I don't agree or disagree with either pro or con yet since I have seen no REAL evidence to support either theory, and I DO disagree with extremists on the outreaches of each side that claim they do.

Okay. Why?

because trying to raise public concern about global warming by marching in a snowstorm is, indeed, idiotic marketing. Much better to wait and see just how freakin' hot it's gonna be this summer and then sell it...

and everyone who is not an environmental scientist does have an overly simplistic view of it - myself included, I am sure.

From my perspective, it just makes sense not to shit in your nest.

Even if pollution is not the primary cause of global warming, it makes ethical sense to me to curtail it.

because trying to raise public concern about global warming by marching in a snowstorm is, indeed, idiotic marketing. Much better to wait and see just how freakin' hot it's gonna be this summer and then sell it...

I think you misread my post. That is exactly what I stated.
and everyone who is not an environmental scientist does have an overly simplistic view of it - myself included, I am sure.

I said most "most people," not everyone. I am sure that anyone concerned about the issue has a better understanding. However, I've seen more than once people refer to the winter weather as refuting global warming. I'm sure youcan guess who one of them is.:lol:

True.

Even if pollution is not the primary cause of global warming, it makes ethical sense to me to curtail it.

I also agree with this. Just getting away from fossil fuels would probably do wonders for it, not to mention our dependence on religious fanatics and a commie for oil.

Mother Nature Adores Natural Selection.

My bad. It was I who misread your post. I thought you posted that you disagreed with me. I'll go sit in the corner now.:lol:

Global warming is thought to be the cause of the extremities of weather, therefore a severe snowstorm would nicely illustrate the point.

Gunny
Although MM used a double negative, he's actually agreeing with your post..:eusa_dance: (I think!!)

Yeah. I finally caught that. Hey, I can't be absolutely brilliant 100% of the time. The pressure of meating that standard is horrendous.:lol:

Gunny

Even though big-picture-wise, this winter is supposedly overall warmer than usual?

I don't disagree with global warmng. I live on the fringe of the jet stream. If it it dips 50 miles further south we get cold, if it stays its normal course, they're freezing their butts off 200 miles north of here and we're in light jackets.

When I was a kid, such was not the case. We had winter EVERY year, and it was cold. SO I don't need a stack of books to tell me what I can see with my own two eyes.

My only problem with the whole issue are the different factions trying to attribute it to this or that with little to no, or contrived evidence to support their stances.

Curtailing man's impact on the enviroment is common sense, and we should be doing it with or without global warming. At the same time,w e should not be doing it to the point that hte environment survives and man does not.

I also agree with this. Just getting away from fossil fuels would probably do wonders for it, not to mention our dependence on religious fanatics and a commie for oil.

I think that you misread MY post....I said, I do not DISAGREE with a word of that!

Forum List

Back