ANOTHER global warming march gets buried in snow

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Little-Acorn, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Little-Acorn

Little-Acorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,826
    Once again, God gives them a hint. Once again, they ignore, it, miss it, or desperately try to misinterpret it.

These people are a real hoot. I'm glad they are doing such a spectacularly good job of debunking their own fruitcake theories. :^)

Although, I guess if they didn't keep making such fools of themselves, no one would pay attention to them at all.

-------------------------------------

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070317/NEWS02/203170340/-1/sports

Group braves snow to raise awareness for environment

By ADAM GORLICK, The Associated Press
    Published: Saturday, Mar. 17, 2007

[​IMG]
    Photo by The Associated Press

Participants in the Interfaith Walk for Climate Rescue, a group advocating environmental issues who are walking between Northampton, Mass., and Boston, trudge through a spring snowstorm on the first day of the walk in Northampton on Friday.

As the world’s warmest winter on record drew to an end with a weekend snow storm, a group of religious leaders started walking across the state Friday to bring attention to global warming.

“People have been asking me what happens if it snows,” said the Rev. Fred Small of the First Church Unitarian in Littleton. “I tell them: ‘We walk.’ ”

The nine-day haul from downtown Northampton, Mass., to Copley Square in Boston was planned far before forecasts called for a weekend of snow and sleet just a few days before the start of spring.

“It was windy and cold. I was walking on the front of the line and I felt like I was bow of a ship with the wind just coming into my face,” said the Rev. Margaret Bullitt-Johns of the Grace Episcopal Church in Amherst, where the group warmed up on bowls of lentil and minestrone soup after walking eight miles in deep snow from Northampton to Amherst.

Bullitt-Johns said the walkers kept their spirits strong by singing “Keep on walking forward, never turning back,” a hymn they had chanted in prayer services before the march to Boston.

The Rev. Andrea Ayvazian of the Haydenville Congregational Church said the snow was so deep, it felt like she was breaking trail.

2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    It must absolutely SUCK to be so stupid as to hold a Global Warming March in the freakin' snow. Talk about piss-poor sales technique.:lol:

3. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    how sad to have such a simple minded understanding about global warming that you would think that a snowstorm proves it isn't happening.

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I don't think the snowstorm is in and of itself proff of anything but a snowstorm. I question the business sense and salesmanship of someone trying to sell a topic such as global warming DURING a snowstorm.

If I'm trying to sell global warming, I'm coming to the Southwestern US in July and filming my efforts.

The fact is, IMO most people DO have a simple-minded understanding of global warming, and know only what the chearleaders on the "for" or "against" teams have to say as far as information goes.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    I do not disagree with a word of that.

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Which part?

7. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

your entire reply as quoted.

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Okay. Why?

9. jodylee

jodylee Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    i think it was more of a humourus post than one based in science. we need to sort the argument out, does co2 rise then temp, or is it the other way round.

10. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,221
    Global warming is thought to be the cause of the extremities of weather, therefore a severe snowstorm would nicely illustrate the point.

Gunny
    Although MM used a double negative, he's actually agreeing with your post..:eusa_dance: (I think!!)