Mulsim clearks at Target refuse to ring up pork products

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
It seems that some Muslims have quite a few problems with American customs, ranging from political cartoons to open debate of issues to even touching a CAN that has a pork product in it.

It is becoming apparent to me that Americans dealing with these issues one at a time, and changing what we do so that we don't offend these people, isn't working. I suggest we put a more permanent solution to the problems these Muslim people are having into effect, not by transferring the Clerks to different jobs, but by transferring them to different Target stores: The stores in Muslim countries. Then they will have no further problems with American customs and ways of life, because they will be far away from them. Then they won't be "complicit in the sins of ithers", as one of the Muslims seems to say here. A win-win situation overall!

That's the reason, in fact, why we have different countries in the first place. In our country, we can do the things we like as a people, without risk of offendinng those in other countries. And they can do the things they like in their countries, and we will not take notice or ask them to change their own private ways.

Oh, there aren't any Target stores in Muslim countries? Why not? Don't the residents of those countries want them? That's certainly their perogative. We can simply transfer the clerks who object to our stores' policies, to those Muslim countries, and they can wait for their countrymen to see the light ans start building Target stores - with or without pork products, as they desire.

In this country, Target is a large store that sells many things, including pork products. People who work there as clerks, are supposed to ring them all up when customers want to buy them. Did the Muslims in question not know these facts when they applied for the job?

BTW, I heard that some Jewish people also have a custom of not touching or eating pork. Have any clerks at Target who are Jewish, refused to ring up cans of pork products? Or refused to put a carton of milk beside a meat product? Or etc.?

Are there any Catholic clerks at Target, who refuse to ring up meat products on Fridays?

Why is it only Muslims who insist that Target change their job descriptions to accomodate their religion?

-----------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,259374,00.html

Some Target Stores Change Duties for Muslim Cashiers Who Object to Ringing Up Pork

Saturday, March 17, 2007

MINNEAPOLIS — Muslim cashiers at some local Target stores who object to ringing up products that contain pork are being shifted to other positions, the national retailer said Saturday.

Some Muslim cashiers had declined to scan products such as bacon because doing so would conflict with their religious beliefs. They would ask other cashiers to ring up such purchases, or some customers scanned the items themselves.

Minneapolis-based Target Corp. has offered the cashiers the option of wearing gloves, shifting to other positions or transferring to other stores.

"We are confident that this is a reasonable solution for our guests and team members," Target spokeswoman Paula Thornton-Greear said in a statement e-mailed to The Associated Press on Saturday.

Islam teaches that eating pork is forbidden, and some Muslims feel selling or handling pork is also forbidden because it would make them complicit in the sins of others.

SPAM spam spam spam
SPAM spam spam... OHHHHH
SPAMMEDY SPAM.... wonderful SPAM!!!

And some sell hotdogs, pork rinds, etc.

And yes, footballs count too.

That was too perfect. Someone's bound to say we set that up.
3stooges.gif

just like the catholic cashier in a chemist, who refused to sell contraception to women. based on religous grounds.
or the catholic republicans who have impeeded stem cell research. based on religion.
i could go on,

just like the catholic cashier in a chemist, who refused to sell contraception to women. based on religous grounds.
or the catholic republicans who have impeeded stem cell research. based on religion.
i could go on,
Damn we were having such fun until you showed up.

Actually Republicans of all religions allowed stem cell research, just not federal funding of embryonic stem cell research. But don't let the facts get in the way of your preconceptions.

i could go on,

I see a difference here though. Here, these muslims are employees of target. They don't own the company. If they did and decided to not sell pork products as per their religion. I'd have absolutely no problem with it.

As with the pharmists. If they own their own pharmacy and choose not to distrbute birth control for religious reasons, they have every right to.

As has been mentioned, no one has impeded stem cell research. Only the government funding of it. And there is no reason the government should be funding something that the private sector has no interest in. If there was any real potential with embryonic stem cells, the private sector would be all over it. But there isnt. So why should the government finance something that no one sees any results in?

I added a few words to more accurately reflect the truth.

It wasn't any less true before Clay. If there was any potential in embroynic research period, there would be potential to make a profit. But there is not even any good prospects for embryonic SC research. Which is why all the research is going into Adult Stem cell research where there is potential for cures and other discoveries and where there will be a profit to be made.

It wasn't any less true before Clay. If there was any potential in embroynic research period, there would be potential to make a profit. But there is not even any good prospects for embryonic SC research. Which is why all the research is going into Adult Stem cell research where there is potential for cures and other discoveries and where there will be a profit to be made.
It IS less true. You make it sound like the private sector goes after noble causes. They go after profitable causes. It's faulty logic to assume that just because the private sector hasn't backed something it therefore is in the best interest of humans as a species.

It IS less true. You make it sound like the private sector goes after noble causes. They go after profitable causes. It's faulty logic to assume that just because the private sector hasn't backed something it therefore is in the best interest of humans as a species.

Profit is a noble cause. If you help people, they are more than happy to reward you with cash. That is, unless they are Democrats, then they want the guv'mint to pay you only what you need to feed your family peanut butter and live in a trailer.

Why is profit somehow less noble? People need to make money to support themselves. Whats so dishonorable about working hard and reaping the benefit of your work?

No he's not. He is saying exactley what you think he's saying, and it makes perfect sense. But it doesn't really matter because the reason it is not being done, whether for noble reasons or profitable ones, is still the same. It is because of lack of any established potential for success.

In an attempt to jump back onto the topic of the post. I live in the state where said incident occurred, Minnesota. MN is also the home of Target HQ and coincidentally a major surge in immigration, primarily of Somali and Hmung people and Muslims. We are experiencing an increase in these populations because we are "Minnesota Nice". Which is a nice way of saying really, really liberal and will bend over backwards to accomodate the oddities of almost any culture. We have the 5th largest legislature in the country as well. But I digress....

If your relgion forbades you from selling pork, I have an idea......DON'T WORK SOMEWHERE WHERE YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SELL PORK.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
In an attempt to jump back onto the topic of the post. I live in the state where said incident occurred, Minnesota. MN is also the home of Target HQ and coincidentally a major surge in immigration, primarily of Somali and Hmung people and Muslims. We are experiencing an increase in these populations because we are "Minnesota Nice". Which is a nice way of saying really, really liberal and will bend over backwards to accomodate the oddities of almost any culture. We have the 5th largest legislature in the country as well. But I digress....

If your relgion forbades you from selling pork, I have an idea......DON'T WORK SOMEWHERE WHERE YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SELL PORK.

Sorry, it don't work that way in lib-land. All must bow down to the multicultural god. The libs love all the pagan gods: sun, earth, allah.

I read about the Target situation in The USA Today while eating at a Panera Bread. I responded by saying "WHAT THE F**K!" out loud. I was quiet embarrassed. This is ridiculous. I was wondering if Christians are off every Sunday at Target. I mean you know...Christians aren't supposed to work on Sundays. This isn't a Democrat or Republican issue, although it's not even a mystery which party would support this. A certain side of American politics dislikes America so much, they are trying, and succeeding, in changing it. Just like the terrorist in the Middle East; they are using the "poor people" to win....If your poor, vote Democrat. This way, while they are changing America to another European country, you won't have the funds to even think about a way to stop them. We all know the poor people in European countries are far much better off than the ones in America...I mean....Are there even any poor people there? Don't they live in like a Heaven on Earth.....oopss...Sorry I said Heaven.....I guess if your a non believer you can ask the moderators to edit out this post with your Log In.....

i could go on,

please do go ............................. on

Maybe they should consider it a sin to LIVE in a country where people eat pork. Then get the hell out of Europe, USA, Australia and other pork eating countries. Why draw the line at handling it? :bowdown: :wtf:

Here's a true story. A friend of mine works in a restaurant in Spain. His town has an infestation of Muslims. When they come into the restaurant he sprinkles pork blood on their food. Guess he just doesn't like Muslims.

Maybe they should consider it a sin to LIVE in a country where people eat pork. Then get the hell out of Europe, USA, Australia and other pork eating countries. Why draw the line at handling it? :bowdown: :wtf:

Here's a true story. A friend of mine works in a restaurant in Spain. His town has an infestation of Muslims. When they come into the restaurant he sprinkles pork blood on their food. Guess he just doesn't like Muslims.

Maybe he should get a fiberglass pig and put it over the front door.

Profit is a noble cause. If you help people, they are more than happy to reward you with cash. That is, unless they are Democrats, then they want the guv'mint to pay you only what you need to feed your family peanut butter and live in a trailer.
Never said profit wasn't a noble cause.

Why is profit somehow less noble? People need to make money to support themselves. Whats so dishonorable about working hard and reaping the benefit of your work?
Never said profit was less noble. Never even came close to inferring that working hard was dishonorable.

Both you and glock are failing to understand my point that the only cause, be it noble or not, that the private sector is interested in is profit. That is in no way a condemnation of profit or the free market, but rather a simple statement of fact. If something is not profitable, is it automatically not noble? No. Except maybe in John Stossel's eyes :)

Forum List

Back