Another demonstration of a well known dichotomy

Allow me to play devil's advocate. Tiller was doing nothing illegal, in his mind and according to his values and beliefs he was helping women in need. He was doing something that is covered by the law of the nation. Killing him was murder, it is inexcusable and thus the outrage. Murder cannot be condoned in a just society.

Islamic terrorists see themselves as revolutionaries, as martyrs for a cause. And while many in the Muslim world criticize them, their actions are more about resentment and revenge. Look at any area in which terrorism exists and one can see reasons, whether it be Ireland, Yugoslavia, Israel, or Iraq.

"The difference between political terror and ordinary crime becomes clear during the change of regimes, in which former terrorists become well-regarded representatives of their country." Jurgen Habermas

So if killing aboritionists leads to a change in abortion laws, then we should be able to equate this as a revolutionary attack by a martyr, correct? Didn't think so.

Link:

Army of God

This well known, Christian, anti abortion group, Pro life Virginia, Led by Reverend Donald Spitz, proclaims Scott Roeder and American hero.

Dave Leach, editor of Prayer and Action News says that his group was unaware of Roeder's plan but declined to call the killing of Dr. George Tiller a crime, asserting that such a statement would be "simplistic."
Abortion Doctor George Tiller Murdered: Scott Roeder Suspect | NowPublic News Coverage

The editor of the anti abortion, Christian news paper, "Prayer in Action" declines to call this murder a crime.

Poll - Scott Roeder: Christian Hero, or Murderer? | Paliban Daily

This Christian news site poses the question, hero or murderer. They aren't sure and have a poll going on the issue.

Pray for Scott Roeder, God's Executioner - The Landover Baptist Church Forums
Here are the good folks from Landover Baptist Church, on their webiste asking us to "Pray for Scott Roeder, God's Executioner "

Murder is murder, and it is something that we pro-lifers inherently deplore. But I can't help but note - and my history is rusty so pardon me here - I'm trying to remember, did anyone mourn Lee Harvey Oswald when Jack Ruby gunned him down? Or better yet, did anyone mourn the deaths of Ted Bundy or Jeffrey Dahmer, or any other mass murderer for that matter?

<snip>

Tiller's killer was truly "pro-choice". He believed in the idea that if a person's existence troubles you, you have the right to kill them. He also obviously felt that every abortionist should be a wanted abortionist. Is it not a personal decision? Everybody has an opinion... can't we all just get along? Find common ground, like Obama asked us to?

Tiller was killed by a pro-choice act. Pro-lifers do not agree with pro-choice acts, and we need make no apologies. Both men are guilty of bloodshed and this tragedy is a sad but all-too-real testament to the biblical truth: those who live by the sword, die by the sword.
Gingi Edmonds Comments on the Death of George Tiller and Extends a Call to Pro-Life Consistency - Christian Newswire

The Christian News wire has this wonderful piece that gives the murderer a nice pat on the back.

I conclude with this thought: George Tiller is dead. For whom shall we mourn?

First, we mourn for the many children he murdered whose names will never make headline news, but whose murder were painful, violent, and bloody at the hands of this man. Second, we mourn for the future children who may be killed as a result of the way the pro-abortion movement will capitalize on this unlawful killing. Third, we mourn for a nation that has broken covenant with God, and that is deserving of God’s just wrath for its complicity in child sacrifice.

Finally, our mourning must lead us to prayer for the Church. God forbid that the blood of the innocent would be on our hands. If we would humble ourselves before the Lord and simply refuse to tolerate abortion in our own ranks, who knows what great things might be lawfully done, with God’s blessing, to bring murderers like George Tiller to an appropriate and earthly justice?
George Tiller is Dead: For Whom Shall We Mourn? - Vision Forum Ministries

This one is from Vision Forum Ministries. The question is asked "For Whom Shall We Mourn?" Dr. Tiller, the murdered man, doesn't make the list.

Allow me to play devil's advocate. Tiller was doing nothing illegal, in his mind and according to his values and beliefs he was helping women in need. He was doing something that is covered by the law of the nation. Killing him was murder, it is inexcusable and thus the outrage. Murder cannot be condoned in a just society.

How is it "playing devil's advocate" to state an opinion you actually hold and agree with?

Islamic terrorists see themselves as revolutionaries, as martyrs for a cause. And while many in the Muslim world criticize them, their actions are more about resentment and revenge. Look at any area in which terrorism exists and one can see reasons, whether it be Ireland, Yugoslavia, Israel, or Iraq.

Many in the Muslim world criticize them? Really? Who? And when, because I know I'm still waiting to hear it.

And I don't believe the comparison was between the abortion doctor and the terrorists, but between the deranged nutcake who shot the abortion doctor and the terrorists.

There will be no curiosity from the State Run Press about Bledsoe's commitment to Islam as it pertains to his shooting those recruiters. But the State Run Press will be all over the pro-life movement like stink on shit about Tiller's killing

The small-minded are sooooooooooo easily brainwashed!

June 1, 2009
RUSH: So forget Drive-By Media. Forget mainstream media. It is now-state controlled media
:udaman::udaman::udaman::udaman::udaman:

Last edited:
Link:

Army of God

This well known, Christian, anti abortion group, Pro life Virginia, Led by Reverend Donald Spitz, proclaims Scott Roeder and American hero.

Dave Leach, editor of Prayer and Action News says that his group was unaware of Roeder's plan but declined to call the killing of Dr. George Tiller a crime, asserting that such a statement would be "simplistic."
Abortion Doctor George Tiller Murdered: Scott Roeder Suspect | NowPublic News Coverage

The editor of the anti abortion, Christian news paper, "Prayer in Action" declines to call this murder a crime.

This Christian news site poses the question, hero or murderer. They aren't sure and have a poll going on the issue.

Here are the good folks from Landover Baptist Church, on their webiste asking us to "Pray for Scott Roeder, God's Executioner "

Murder is murder, and it is something that we pro-lifers inherently deplore. But I can't help but note - and my history is rusty so pardon me here - I'm trying to remember, did anyone mourn Lee Harvey Oswald when Jack Ruby gunned him down? Or better yet, did anyone mourn the deaths of Ted Bundy or Jeffrey Dahmer, or any other mass murderer for that matter?

<snip>

Tiller's killer was truly "pro-choice". He believed in the idea that if a person's existence troubles you, you have the right to kill them. He also obviously felt that every abortionist should be a wanted abortionist. Is it not a personal decision? Everybody has an opinion... can't we all just get along? Find common ground, like Obama asked us to?

Tiller was killed by a pro-choice act. Pro-lifers do not agree with pro-choice acts, and we need make no apologies. Both men are guilty of bloodshed and this tragedy is a sad but all-too-real testament to the biblical truth: those who live by the sword, die by the sword.
Gingi Edmonds Comments on the Death of George Tiller and Extends a Call to Pro-Life Consistency - Christian Newswire

The Christian News wire has this wonderful piece that gives the murderer a nice pat on the back.

First, we mourn for the many children he murdered whose names will never make headline news, but whose murder were painful, violent, and bloody at the hands of this man. Second, we mourn for the future children who may be killed as a result of the way the pro-abortion movement will capitalize on this unlawful killing. Third, we mourn for a nation that has broken covenant with God, and that is deserving of God’s just wrath for its complicity in child sacrifice.

Finally, our mourning must lead us to prayer for the Church. God forbid that the blood of the innocent would be on our hands. If we would humble ourselves before the Lord and simply refuse to tolerate abortion in our own ranks, who knows what great things might be lawfully done, with God’s blessing, to bring murderers like George Tiller to an appropriate and earthly justice?

This one is from Vision Forum Ministries. The question is asked "For Whom Shall We Mourn?" Dr. Tiller, the murdered man, doesn't make the list.

Well, woo fucking hoo. You managed to find some links on the Internet to a bunch of nutcakes who admire murderers - not a one of whom I've personally ever fucking heard of - and so NATURALLY they are representative of the entire pro-life movement, as opposed to the obscure little groups you somehow missed, such as National Right to Life.

National Right to Life Condemns the Killing of Dr. George Tiller

But hell, they're only the largest pro-life group in America, so why should you notice THEM in your little Internet witch hunt?

So tell me. Do you use chlorine bleach to keep your sheet and pointy hat so white?

Well, woo fucking hoo. You managed to find some links on the Internet to a bunch of nutcakes who admire murderers - not a one of whom I've personally ever fucking heard of -

Which explains why you are completely uninformed enough to be a CON$ervative.

Random Terror was the founder of "Operation Rescue."

Link:

Army of God

Well, woo fucking hoo. You managed to find some links on the Internet to a bunch of nutcakes who admire murderers - not a one of whom I've personally ever fucking heard of - and so NATURALLY they are representative of the entire pro-life movement, as opposed to the obscure little groups you somehow missed, such as National Right to Life.

But hell, they're only the largest pro-life group in America, so why should you notice THEM in your little Internet witch hunt?

So tell me. Do you use chlorine bleach to keep your sheet and pointy hat so white?

I didn't post any links to the groups that have condemed this murder because that isn't what was asked for. Nearly all of the national groups that have political ties and aspirations on the issue have condemed the murder.

I would only ask, at this point, if you will issue us a statement condemming this murder?

Link:

Army of God

I didn't post any links to the groups that have condemed this murder because that isn't what was asked for. Nearly all of the national groups that have political ties and aspirations on the issue have condemed the murder.

I would only ask, at this point, if you will issue us a statement condemming this murder?

So what's your point? What exactly is it that you are trying to convey by posting what you did? That there are some small extremist groups that did support it? So what?

So what's your point? What exactly is it that you are trying to convey by posting what you did? That there are some small extremist groups that did support it? So what?

I was merely answering the call for links. I can get you more, if you want.

In fact, in researching this issue, one thing is pretty clear: Political organizations have released statements but the blogs and boards are on fire everywhere with Christians hailing this guy as a hero.

I am still waiting for condemnation statements from the people here. Not well crafted, groomed for the press politcal statements but individual repudiations of this act. Right now, the polls show about 25%, one quarter of those asked think the man is a hero. That is not a "small extremist" number.

In fact, in researching this issue, one thing is pretty clear: Political organizations have released statements but the blogs and boards are on fire everywhere with Christians hailing this guy as a hero.

I am still waiting for condemnation statements from the people here. Not well crafted, groomed for the press politcal statements but individual repudiations of this act. Right now, the polls show about 25%, one quarter of those asked think the man is a hero. That is not a "small extremist" number.

Why do you need 'condemnation' statements from people here? What does that prove or disprove if you don't get them? That everyone who doesn't make an explicit statement regarding it is therefore in support of it?

Why do you need 'condemnation' statements from people here? What does that prove or disprove if you don't get them? That everyone who doesn't make an explicit statement regarding it is therefore in support of it?

I wouldn't say that anyone who does not condem it is in support. I would only be able to say that they have not condemmed the action.

This is not unlike Muslim sentiment towards terrorism. The large groups with political aspirations make statements becaus they are expected to do so. However, popular sentiment may differ. The same scenario is playing out here. Despite the officlal statements issued by various groups, large numbers of Christians are supporting this action.

Many statements are walking a fine line. They are condemming violence but in the same breath, express satisfaction that this man is dead.

There is no solidarity on the issue with Christians.

Link:

Army of God

<snip>

ROFLMAO

Landover Baptist is a well known SPOOF site
has no connection to any REAL church

I wouldn't say that anyone who does not condem it is in support. I would only be able to say that they have not condemmed the action.

This is not unlike Muslim sentiment towards terrorism. The large groups with political aspirations make statements becaus they are expected to do so. However, popular sentiment may differ. The same scenario is playing out here. Despite the officlal statements issued by various groups, large numbers of Christians are supporting this action.

Many statements are walking a fine line. They are condemming violence but in the same breath, express satisfaction that this man is dead.

actually, there is
you just found a bunch of wacked out sites

So what? They didn't condemn the action, that doesn't mean they support it either. It's nice to so clearly illustrate how those on the left use intellectual dishonesty and lies to make their so-called political points. In reality, where most of us live, you actually have no point at all.

The second bolded statement is just an outright lie, and pure bullshit, and you have nothing with which to back that up. You're an ass and your anti-Christian bigotry is showing how much of one you are for everyone to see. Nice job.

Last edited:
Link:

Army of God

ROFLMAO

Landover Baptist is a well known SPOOF site
has no connection to any REAL church

That doesn't surprise me. :lol: I wouldn't even waste my time clicking on any sites that he provided anyway.

So what? They didn't condemn the action, that doesn't mean they support it either. It's nice to so clearly illustrate how those on the left use intellectual dishonesty and lies to make their so-called political points. In reality, where most of us live, you actually have no point at all.

The second bolded statement is just an outright lie, and pure bullshit, and you have nothing with which to back that up. You're an ass and your anti-Christian bigotry is showing how much of one you are for everyone to see. Nice job.

I am only addressing the OP position that is specific about these condemnations. The claim is that Muslims don't condem violent actions and Chrsiitans do.

So what I am looking at is if Christians are condeming this or not. Some are, some are not.

It appears to be a flase claim on the dichotomy. I don't see a lack of Muslims, especially American Muslims, condemming violence. I also don't see a lack of Christians condemming violence, except mayber the few here who won't say so out of pure pig headedness in debate. Both sides of this issue seem to have their fair share of reasonable people and their fair share of religious extremist.

Forum List

Back