Animal Spirit Wisdom

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
Animal Spirit Guides Shamanism Working With Animal Spirits

Just thought some might be interested in this subject.
There are many different viewpoints of what animals can teach..whether it be NA beliefs or called New Age...I firmly believe that God speaks to me thru critters..and speaks to others as well if they would just listen close enough.
I have experience too many things with them for me to disbelieve in the magic of animal wisdom and have been blessed with their presence if only to help them when they found their way to me, or me led to them. Things that could be coincidence...but not over and over again. There is a message there. Communication. And my mind is open to it, so maybe that is why I am approached by so many different species of creatures.

Anyway...thought Id toss this in here in case anyone wanted to talk about their own experiences or even if its a temporary pique of interest.:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
Animals communicate? Get that wise old owl to give me the winning lotto numbers for this Saturday night and then I will believe you.

Maybe I spoke too harshly. There are talking animals. Washington, DC is full of talking jackasses.

On a more serious note.

Many times in my rambles in the mountains collecting rocks, I have observed animals. There actions in all kinds of situations has convinced me that we are not that differant. I have seen them mourn the death of companions or mates. I have heard them exult in the beauty of a sunset, cayotes. I have have seen them do just as gross and horrible things as man does.

We are part of this whole earth. The animals evolved right along side of us, all of us share genetic material. To state that we are separate and differant is to ignore the whole of the evidence. What effects the animals that we evolved with effects us.

go into the woods or field several hours before dawn and listen to the world waking up. You here a lot from the animals if you listen.

Every morning when I go outside to just listen to the silence, a hummingbird ALWAYS comes to greet me. Never fails. It hovers about 3 feet away from me like "good morning, grace!". This has been going on for a few months. When I hung the hummer feeder last week, it drank as I was hanging it from the tree branch. I was afraid to move at first..that I would scare it off. Nope. It went to every opening and took a drink and if my arm was in the way, it just adjusted itself. I was nose to nose with it. Awesome experience.

Blue Jays are brave critters. When my hands are working ok and I can grasp the hand trowel, Im digging in the flower beds and pulling weeds. A blue jay never fails to come sit ON MY KNEE and wait for me to turn something juicy up from the dirt. My ex BIL didnt believe me when I told him, so I said come out side and see for yourself. The blue jay was on the roof at that time so I told to reach up to the rain gutter and the bird would come peck his hand. He did...and it did. He was amazed.

I have a huge pot of flowers outside the back door. Thats where I put all the legless lizards the cat caught and I had to doctor due to its tail being chewed on. Little neosporin, a few hours in a jar, then in to the pot they go. Dang thing is FULL of legless lizards now and the cat has no clue thats where they now live.
They are gorgeous. Silvery with a blue stripe going down their backs. Teeny itty bitty tiny tongue flipping out and around. I let them crawl all over my hands when they are in Nurse Stage of me cleaning them up. Damn cat.

images

images

0124.jpeg

Hummers like to divebomb the water from teh hose when Im watering the yard, too. I put it on fine spray and they have a blast.

Every morning when I go outside to just listen to the silence, a hummingbird ALWAYS comes to greet me. Never fails. It hovers about 3 feet away from me like "good morning, grace!". This has been going on for a few months. When I hung the hummer feeder last week, it drank as I was hanging it from the tree branch. I was afraid to move at first..that I would scare it off. Nope. It went to every opening and took a drink and if my arm was in the way, it just adjusted itself. I was nose to nose with it. Awesome experience.

Blue Jays are brave critters. When my hands are working ok and I can grasp the hand trowel, Im digging in the flower beds and pulling weeds. A blue jay never fails to come sit ON MY KNEE and wait for me to turn something juicy up from the dirt. My ex BIL didnt believe me when I told him, so I said come out side and see for yourself. The blue jay was on the roof at that time so I told to reach up to the rain gutter and the bird would come peck his hand. He did...and it did. He was amazed.

I have a huge pot of flowers outside the back door. Thats where I put all the legless lizards the cat caught and I had to doctor due to its tail being chewed on. Little neosporin, a few hours in a jar, then in to the pot they go. Dang thing is FULL of legless lizards now and the cat has no clue thats where they now live.
They are gorgeous. Silvery with a blue stripe going down their backs. Teeny itty bitty tiny tongue flipping out and around. I let them crawl all over my hands when they are in Nurse Stage of me cleaning them up. Damn cat.

images

images

0124.jpeg

Are they legless before the cat catches them?

I love hummingbirds, and love jays. When I was a girl there was a huge old apricot tree in my grandma & grandpa's back yard, and hummingbirds nested there. Have you ever seen a hummingbird nest? It's the size of a thimble!

There is much to be learned about being a better person by living with/around animals, to be sure.

Animals tend to be more comfortable with the animal natures than we do with our animal natures.

Now I am NOT advocating that we give up those higher order thinking skills and moralities which make us uniquely human, but much of that stuff also makes it difficult for many of us to accept the fact that we are also animals.

People who live around animals and who keep pets seem to me to be mentally healthier and somewhat happier people.

Knowing and being around animals gives us something real to measure the depth of our own humanity, I think.

You talk about shamanism, but you said God speaks to me thru critters.
That's contradiction.

images

images

0124.jpeg

Are they legless before the cat catches them?

I love hummingbirds, and love jays. When I was a girl there was a huge old apricot tree in my grandma & grandpa's back yard, and hummingbirds nested there. Have you ever seen a hummingbird nest? It's the size of a thimble!

Sorry I missed this, Allie.
Yes, they are legless,period. They look just like snakes, but they are really lizards with no legs. Only thing the cat does is play with its body and tail. They are fast....move like a snake but at the size of a large redworm..sometimes a tad bigger. They are night hunters so thats when the cat is most active and catches them for toys :(.
We have lots of finches...saw one nest. It hung down like a sock and near the "toe" was where the eggs were laid. Only reason I saw it was a brisk wind blew it down. Never saw a hummer nest though.

Last edited:
You talk about shamanism, but you said God speaks to me thru critters.
That's contradiction.

Not really.I am not a shaman. Not even sure what that is except someone who dabbles in stuff. I dont dabble, lol. I just..listen. With my ears, my eyes, my heart.
A friend of mine (online friend I met many years ago) said to me "God speaks to you thru his creatures because He knows youll listen to them before you will trust My words". Meaning my refusal to believe in an angry God. A vengeful God. A cruel God. A God that some people call themselves "God Fearing Christians". I balk at that. I dont fear God. Why would I? He loves me as much as I love Him and I believe in Him, but I dont believe those that speak FOR him. And He knows that. So...He talks to me thru those I do trust. Animals and critters.

I know that doesnt make much sense to you. But it does to me. :lol:

I was driving down a dark country road and slowed to cross a creek when this huge white oil swooped down and hovered next to the car. It looked right at me, then flew off.
Cool experience. :thup:

GOD speaks to me though my dog

Apparently GOD wants me to know:

Woof! Bow Wow!Woof-woof! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! Wow!Woof-woof! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! Wow!Woof-woof! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! bark! Grrrrrr!

Forum List

Back