Animal Rights, Yes or No

Lol. Of course, that's pretty much what human rights are, too. People don't grant them willingly, there have to be laws to enforce them, and punishment to enforce the laws.

Lol. Of course, that's pretty much what human rights are, too. People don't grant them willingly, there have to be laws to enforce them, and punishment to enforce the laws.

uh, so the laws just came out of thin air?

hello.

i'd rather you understood it first, but if quoting will help...

I made a joke about "he with the oppsible thumb get to eat the other if stranded" and you replied with a reference to paraplegics and how might doesnt make right. I understand quite well, dude. It's your logic thats fucked up.

uh, you have just about as much ability to look through a dog's eyes as you do another humans. if you want to get existential about it...

except for the fact that other humans can tell you exactly what "dont tread on me" means in relation to their treatment. Do you NEED to get all dime store philosophical about an issue that is subjective as hell? Did we NOT free slaves because of common humanity given their whipped treatment?

and? isn't that the point here.

i mean personnally it cracks me up that people got so offended about the cool footplayer having fun with his dogs while they continue to eat quarter pounders...
i'm not the one with the consistency problem.[/QUOTE]

People who beat animals EAT them? thats a new one. You probably would have starved in the first 150 years of our nation, dude.. not to mention in any culture earlier than the advent of a boca burger.

I dont talk to my dog as if he were a human being. He's a dog. He doesn't care weather or not I think he is a badass or not. Clearly, he is not a badass. Which is fine since my masculinity is not the product of what breed of dog I have. Perhaps you go for the dudes who need vicious dogs like a 45 year old man needs a sports car but....

*cough, cough*

By you giving him his kibble I meant...oh, never mind.

uh, so the laws just came out of thin air?

hello.

Pretty much. Like I said, some recognize them on their own and some have to be forced.

I guess you're saying without laws, we'd still be civilized and nice to each other.

yeah, too bad so backwoods missouri folks have gotten that enlightened...

indeed, i betcha NO ONE EATS a fucking elephant!

you know.. even if they mate for life and shed tears.. nope.. they ARE the indian cow of Africa!

:lol:

talk about enlightened, dude. How much meat did YOU eat this week?

Shogun said: "talk about enlightened, dude. How much meat did YOU eat this week?"

Not enough, apparently.

except for the fact that other humans can tell you exactly what "dont tread on me" means in relation to their treatment. Do you NEED to get all dime store philosophical about an issue that is subjective as hell?
'

what's subjective?

let me kick your dog in the face.

seriously. wtf is subjective about that?

:badgrin::badgrin:

indeed, i betcha NO ONE EATS a fucking elephant!you know.. even if they mate for life and shed tears.. nope.. they ARE the indian cow of Africa!:talk about enlightened, dude. How much meat did YOU eat this week?

see how people get all defensive...

Sigh, I'm always so misinterpreted.

Mani the loon was trying to make me say I think animals are better than people by pretending that we could only save starving people by force feeding animals corn.

your lack of honest is exactly why I've come to terms with the necessity of quoting you, ravikins.

what's subjective?
let me kick your dog in the face.
seriously. wtf is subjective about that?
:badgrin::badgrin:

The concept of what constitutes "cruelty" is subjective in context of feeding meat eating humans.

And, if I dog was tearing your throat out, or that of your child, it gets pretty subjective real quick, eh?

Just as I'm sure tigers don't don't 'need' to eat meat either...

Using need, or lack of, to justify anything is a poor argument in a free society.

Dogs are omnivorous and can survive quite well on a vegetarian diet. Cats are true carnivores and must eat other animals or they will die of malnutrition.

The concept of what constitutes "cruelty" is subjective in context of feeding meat eating humans. And, if I dog was tearing your throat out, or that of your child, it gets pretty subjective real quick, eh?

backtrack all ya want bud...

i'm not trying to corner you...run away...:cool:

Forum List

Back