Angela Corey should be fired

Trust me, if I wanted to prove Corey is a bad person I have a case she is conducting that would boil your blood.

Well, it would boil your blood. I could care less.

My blood doesn't boil. I don't let idiots control my emotions, unlike you.

Nor do I. In fact, I'm damned cold-blooded and proud of it.

I would HAPPILY convict Zimmerman regardless of his innocence for the greater good. Putting him behind bars would prevent race riots and would make the next asshole who thinks he's Batman to think twice.

large_fat_batman_13374.jpeg

"I am justice...I am the night. I'm Zimmer-man!"

I would HAPPILY convict Zimmerman regardless of his innocence for the greater good. Putting him behind bars would prevent race riots and would make the next asshole who thinks he's Batman to think twice.

All those times I see you getting pissed at various people here are figments of your imagination?

By the way, thanks for showing your authoritarian credentials, which is the exact opposite of cold blooded. Cold blooded people don't get scared when other people are angry.

You are a fucking liberal through and through. Let's just forget Zimmerman has due process for the greater good.

George Zimmerman deserves a fair trial. Either you stand for the rights of all or you stand for the rights of none.

I was one who demanded that Zimmerman be arrested. He needed to face a judge. That's our process.

The greater good argument is bullshit. Theres no greater good to be served by sending someone to prison without a fair trial. Convicting someone based on fear of what others might do if he's found not guilty is the one of the WORST reasons to convict.

And IF he is indeed found innocent, then he walk free. THAT'S how it works in a free society.

Last edited:
The afro woman confronted the man, Zimmerman didn't confront anyone.

Past criminal activity is considered in sentencing. The afro woman probably had a nasty criminal history. And, she won't serve anywhere near the 20 years in prison.

And, she's an afro, so who cares?

I care! I expect all Americans to be treated fairly, and receive equal justice under the law. Is Corey another rogue prosecutor like Nifong, seeking political advantage rather than justice? We shall see, but this case is appalling!

You're nothing of the sort, Joe, just another liberal statist afraid of his own shadow.

You're nothing of the sort, Joe, just another liberal statist afraid of his own shadow.
Just this one sentence is a tell all about Joey. He's a die hard liberal.
I would HAPPILY convict Zimmerman regardless of his innocence for the greater good.

All those times I see you getting pissed at various people here are figments of your imagination?

By the way, thanks for showing your authoritarian credentials, which is the exact opposite of cold blooded. Cold blooded people don't get scared when other people are angry.

Ummm. Sorry, guy, those figments of your imagination are something you need to do something about.... probably need to get your meds adjusted.

And, uh, yeah, I'm all for making an example out of someone once in a while. Zimmerman would be a great example that you can't go around shooting kids in the street because you are scared of them.

George Zimmerman deserves a fair trial. Either you stand for the rights of all or you stand for the rights of none.

I was one who demanded that Zimmerman be arrested. He needed to face a judge. That's our process.

The greater good argument is bullshit. Theres no greater good to be served by sending someone to prison without a fair trial. Convicting someone based on fear of what others might do if he's found not guilty is the one of the WORST reasons to convict.

And IF he is indeed found innocent, then he walk free. THAT'S how it works in a free society.

Ummm.. nope.

Trials are a public show. Always have been. Being found innocent by a jury didn't mean OJ didn't kill those people, and being found guilty didn't make Rolando Cruz guilty of the Nicarraco murders.

Trials are nice shows to make us all sleep better in our beds at night with the illusion justice has been done. The notion that guilt or innocence can be determined by twelve knobs who couldn't get out of jury duty is laughable. (Incidently, only about 2% of criminal cases are put in front of juries. The rest of the time, they are either pled out in front of a judge.)

ZImmerman killed a kid. The rest is a lot of rhetorical bullshit. He should be held accountable, and because of the way this has been mishandled by everyone, if he isn't, there's going to be hell to pay.

The judge is the one that ruled against the stand your ground defense.

It isn't really very shocking that in Florida a black woman can get 20 years for not killing an abusive spouse, merely shooting at him....while killing a black kid will probably get Zimmerman no time in jail.

It is abundantly clear that black-on-black crime is considered irrelevant...most likely because it is a REAL problem that requires thought.

You are a fucking liberal through and through. Let's just forget Zimmerman has due process for the greater good.

Yawn, guy. WHen it comes to railroading people, Republicans are all over that.

Ever hear of a guy named Rolando Cruz? He was accused of a murder out here in DuPage County. Except the cops out here knew another guy named Brian Dugan did it. Didn't matter, they faked a confession, rammed a conviction past his inept court appointed lawyer, and put the poor fool on Death Row.

Well, the courts figured that was kind of wrong, and ordered a new trial. They once again excluded evidence of Dugan's involvement. (Dugan was already serving life sentences and was willing to cop to the murder as long as the Death Penalty was taken off the table.) They got another conviction. The courts threw that shit out, too.

About halfway through the third trial, they finally DNA tested the evidence, and yup, it was Dugan all along. Didn't need Scooby-fucking-Doo to figure that one out.

So please don't tell me that the this is a liberal thing. This was done right in the heart of REpublican country here in IL.

Now the facts really aren't in dispute here. Zimmerman shot Martin. What you all are looking for is a technicality so you can keep beliving that gun you keep in your house is really making you safer.

I'd rather avoid more deaths, thank you very much.

Ummm.. nope.

Trials are a public show. Always have been. Being found innocent by a jury didn't mean OJ didn't kill those people, and being found guilty didn't make Rolando Cruz guilty of the Nicarraco murders.

Trials are nice shows to make us all sleep better in our beds at night with the illusion justice has been done. The notion that guilt or innocence can be determined by twelve knobs who couldn't get out of jury duty is laughable. (Incidently, only about 2% of criminal cases are put in front of juries. The rest of the time, they are either pled out in front of a judge.)

ZImmerman killed a kid. The rest is a lot of rhetorical bullshit. He should be held accountable, and because of the way this has been mishandled by everyone, if he isn't, there's going to be hell to pay.

I've been selected as a juror for several trials in my lifetime and I do not consider them purely show. Remove the press from the courtroom, move the trial to a venue that is not so tainted, then the "show" will not go on.

[

I've been selected as a juror for several trials in my lifetime and I do not consider them purely show. Remove the press from the courtroom, move the trial to a venue that is not so tainted, then the "show" will not go on.

I think that first sentence says it all. You were selected because you could be counted on to produce the expected result.

Ummm. Sorry, guy, those figments of your imagination are something you need to do something about.... probably need to get your meds adjusted.

And, uh, yeah, I'm all for making an example out of someone once in a while. Zimmerman would be a great example that you can't go around shooting kids in the street because you are scared of them.

Only pussies and wimps think examples stop anyone, which are you?

Ever hear of a guy named Rolando Cruz? He was accused of a murder out here in DuPage County. Except the cops out here knew another guy named Brian Dugan did it. Didn't matter, they faked a confession, rammed a conviction past his inept court appointed lawyer, and put the poor fool on Death Row.

Well, the courts figured that was kind of wrong, and ordered a new trial. They once again excluded evidence of Dugan's involvement. (Dugan was already serving life sentences and was willing to cop to the murder as long as the Death Penalty was taken off the table.) They got another conviction. The courts threw that shit out, too.

About halfway through the third trial, they finally DNA tested the evidence, and yup, it was Dugan all along. Didn't need Scooby-fucking-Doo to figure that one out.

So please don't tell me that the this is a liberal thing. This was done right in the heart of REpublican country here in IL.

Now the facts really aren't in dispute here. Zimmerman shot Martin. What you all are looking for is a technicality so you can keep beliving that gun you keep in your house is really making you safer.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Liberal

Only pussies and wimps think examples stop anyone, which are you?

So you are for getting rid of the death penalty, then?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Liberal

Duly noted you couldn't respond to the point that Republicans are much more likely to railroad people, given the chance.

Difference between Cruz and Zimmerman. Zimmerman really did kill someone.

[

I think that first sentence says it all. You were selected because you could be counted on to produce the expected result.

Perhaps. But which side selects me?
I'm not really sure how jury selection is accomplished where you are, but here it's all lottery until voir dire. Then, each side is only permitted to dismiss a limited number of jury candidates until a jury is seated. There are usually some people who will do or say anything to get dismissed, rather than do their civic duty...you know, be a responsible citizen...

[

Perhaps. But which side selects me?
I'm not really sure how jury selection is accomplished where you are, but here it's all lottery until voir dire. Then, each side is only permitted to dismiss a limited number of jury candidates until a jury is seated. There are usually some people who will do or say anything to get dismissed, rather than do their civic duty...you know, be a responsible citizen...

I got called back in the early 90's, but never since. But I live in Dupage County which is a low crime area.

I go back to my point, though, that we have Jury Selection, which means neither side wants people smart enough to bring an opinion to the table.

The one time I was called and we got to selection, it was a hispanic gangbanger who shot a black kid and crippled him. The Prosecution got rid of anyone who showed too much compassion, (such as the lady who volunteered at an animal shelter) and the Defense got rid of anyone who had a family member who was the victim of a crime.

And again, only 2% of criminal trials ever see a jury. It's a nice show to convince you the system works.

Ummm.. nope.

Please don't call yourself a liberal. You tarnish the label with nonsense like that.

If youre willing to send an innocent man to prison "as an example" then you are not a liberal. Period.

And Zimmerman may be guilty. But that's for a court to decide. And it Gould do so based on the facts presented, not based of fear of a mob.

Maybe you're ready to give it all over to an angry mob, but some of us still believe in the rule of law.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back