AND this is why we need voter ID....850 voters in NYC are officially 164 years old

Nope sorry. Might be hard for poverty stricken folks who have food stamps, welfare, are illegal to be able to afford the cost of the "state ID" - oh, that's right...they are free.....never mind....

If you have a copy of your birth certificate. And many, many folks don't.

No ID, No Vote.

It's that simple

We'll see. That your ilk aren't even trying to make credible arguments that voter ID prevents fraud in any meaningful away is progress of a sort, I suppose.

The USSC will decide the rest.

If I were 164 years old, the last thing I would be worried about would be who was running the government.

Older women not wanting to tell their age on their voter registration card. Who would have imagined? :laugh:

"I'm 39, dear. For about 20 years now."

A couple of years ago, my neighbor went to vote and they told her she had already voted earlier that day. Someone had signed her name and voted in her place. There are people who pose as party volunteers who call citizens registered to vote and ask them if they plan to vote. If they answer "no", someone goes to their voting precinct, signs their name, and votes in their place. Voter ID would stop that. Liberals like to throw out the argument that it won't stop OTHER methods of voter fraud and therefore should not be bothered with. This is because THEY are the ones committing the fraud (crime).

In person voter fraud is one of the rarely of the rare forms of voter fraud. Occurring, on average, about 100 times per DECADE in the entire country. When Pennsylvania was asked to cite the instances of voter fraud that their Voter ID law could have prevented, they couldn't name a single case.

When Texas was asked the same question, all they could find were 2 instances in the last 10 years. In contrast, approximately 425 people in Texas were struck by lightning in the same time period. Meaning that you're literally over 200 times more likely to be struck by lightning in Texas.....then to commit in person voter fraud. The only form of voter fraud that Voter ID could prevent.

But it gets so much worse. How many votes have been cast in Texas in the last 10 years. I took a few minutes and went to this website:

Turnout and Voter Registration Figures 1970-current

And added up the voter turn out for every vote in the last 10 years in the state of Texas. Not registered voters. Not eligible voters. ACTUAL votes cast. And the number is enormous. 54,470,918 voters were cast (God, I love Excel). And among them all, 2 were in person voter fraud.

That's a fraud rate of 0.0000036%. To give you some sense of scale of how insanely small a proportion that is, 0.0000036% of a 3000 miles trip across the United States is roughly a 1/16th of an inch.

And on this, Texas is now disenfranchising 200,000 to 400,000 voters? If increasing the integrity of your elections is your goal, I don't know of a word in the English language that describes how monumentally, laughably, ineptly stupid that is.
That's pure bullshit. The only way anyone could possibly know what the actual numbers are would be to contact every person whose name a vote was cast under and ask them if they indeed went to the polls that day and voted. Of course they couldn't name a single case, because in order to do that they would have to KNOW if everyone who voted was who they said they were, and the only way of knowing that would be to require an I.D.

hat's pure bullshit. The only way anyone could possibly know what the actual numbers are would be to contact every person whose name a vote was cast under and ask them if they indeed went to the polls that day and voted. Of course they couldn't name a single case, because in order to do that they would have to KNOW if everyone who voted was who they said they were, and the only way of knowing that would be to require an I.D.

Then we're supposed to create laws for crimes that we have no evidence are actually occurring?

What's next, unicorn leash laws?

Sorry friend, but a fraud rate of 0.0000036% is laughably inadequate to disenfranchise 200,000 to 400,000 voters.

hat's pure bullshit. The only way anyone could possibly know what the actual numbers are would be to contact every person whose name a vote was cast under and ask them if they indeed went to the polls that day and voted. Of course they couldn't name a single case, because in order to do that they would have to KNOW if everyone who voted was who they said they were, and the only way of knowing that would be to require an I.D.

Then we're supposed to create laws for crimes that we have no evidence are actually occurring?

What's next, unicorn leash laws?

Sorry friend, but a fraud rate of 0.0000036% is laughably inadequate to disenfranchise 200,000 to 400,000 voters.
More bullshit. There's no evidence of a crime actually occurring when you're asked for your I.D. when you buy alcohol either. Ever have to show I.D. when you use a credit card? It's called "precaution" and the only reason you would object to it is if you're trying to commit fraud.

More bullshit. There's no evidence of a crime actually occurring when you're asked for your I.D. when you buy alcohol either. Ever have to show I.D. when you use a credit card? It's called "precaution" and the only reason you would object to it is if you're trying to commit fraud.

For that argument to work there would have to be no more than 2 instances of underage drinking in the State of Texas in the last 10 years.

Would you care to put that to the test?

Lol, did you even read the article? The issue was that the old registration process didn't require the person to put in their real birthday, but the system defaulted to putting in 01/01/1850 when it didn't have a date. It's from ooooold registrations that are still in the system from 1999 or before.

2014 - 1850 = 164

Voter ID will not do anything to solve/prevent/correct this. Your entire premise is flawed.

For that argument to work there would have to be no more than 2 instances of underage drinking in the State of Texas in the last 10 years.

Would you care to put that to the test?
You get more ridiculous with every comment you post, not just on this thread but all of them. You are not to be taken seriously or even respected.

Forum List

Back