AND this is why we need voter ID....850 voters in NYC are officially 164 years old

I dont care if they vote dem or rep. We need voter ID laws to stop crap like this 850 voters in NYC are officially 164 years old New York Post

From your own article:

Board officials chalked up the implausible age snafu to previous practices that allowed residents not to provide their exact birthdays when registering to vote.

Some of the new voters — mostly women — simply wrote that they were “21+” — above the legal voting age...

“It’s a leftover vestige from a bygone era,” explained Board of Elections executive director Mike Ryan.

“They were all listed as age 164. This was no accident. It’s a little quirk in the system. It’s not widespread,” he added, noting there are more than 4 million registered voters.

The board switched to computerized databases in 1999 and 2006.

850 voters in NYC are officially 164 years old New York Post

I'm guessing you didn't bother to read the article before you started this thread.

Or they did....and didn't think the NY Board of Elections was particularly relevant to a discussion of the voters listed with the NY Board of Elections.

Its not a choice I would have gone with.

They must be slaves who never been freed or if they have, they are unaware, kind of like some Japanese soldiers who holed up in jungles thinking the war is still going on.

Or they may be just the constant chip-on-the-shoulder whiners who think that they are still slaves.

They must be slaves who never been freed or if they have, they are unaware, kind of like some Japanese soldiers who holed up in jungles thinking the war is still going on.

Or they may be just the constant chip-on-the-shoulder whiners who think that they are still slaves.

That's one explanation. A bit elaborate and pristinely fact free. But hey, points for creativity. Here's a much droller, less creative, and utterly more plausible explanation from experts on the NY Board of Elections voter rolls:

Board officials chalked up the implausible age snafu to previous practices that allowed residents not to provide their exact birthdays when registering to vote.

Some of the new voters — mostly women — simply wrote that they were “21+” — above the legal voting age...

“It’s a leftover vestige from a bygone era,” explained Board of Elections executive director Mike Ryan.

“They were all listed as age 164. This was no accident. It’s a little quirk in the system. It’s not widespread,” he added, noting there are more than 4 million registered voters.

The board switched to computerized databases in 1999 and 2006.

850 voters in NYC are officially 164 years old New York Post

It doesn't involve secret societies of geriatric slaves, blue police boxes or flux capacitors. But it does explain the situation.

Purge the rolls. A lot cheaper and more effective than voter IDs.

Next

Why? The NY Board of Elections didn't indicate that these women weren't valid voters. Only that that the ages listed in the NY Board of Elections rolls was a databasing quirk.

A couple of years ago, my neighbor went to vote and they told her she had already voted earlier that day. Someone had signed her name and voted in her place. There are people who pose as party volunteers who call citizens registered to vote and ask them if they plan to vote. If they answer "no", someone goes to their voting precinct, signs their name, and votes in their place. Voter ID would stop that. Liberals like to throw out the argument that it won't stop OTHER methods of voter fraud and therefore should not be bothered with. This is because THEY are the ones committing the fraud (crime).

A couple of years ago, my neighbor went to vote and they told her she had already voted earlier that day. Someone had signed her name and voted in her place. There are people who pose as party volunteers who call citizens registered to vote and ask them if they plan to vote. If they answer "no", someone goes to their voting precinct, signs their name, and votes in their place. Voter ID would stop that. Liberals like to throw out the argument that it won't stop OTHER methods of voter fraud and therefore should not be bothered with. This is because THEY are the ones committing the fraud (crime).

In person voter fraud is one of the rarely of the rare forms of voter fraud. Occurring, on average, about 100 times per DECADE in the entire country. When Pennsylvania was asked to cite the instances of voter fraud that their Voter ID law could have prevented, they couldn't name a single case.

When Texas was asked the same question, all they could find were 2 instances in the last 10 years. In contrast, approximately 425 people in Texas were struck by lightning in the same time period. Meaning that you're literally over 200 times more likely to be struck by lightning in Texas.....then to commit in person voter fraud. The only form of voter fraud that Voter ID could prevent.

But it gets so much worse. How many votes have been cast in Texas in the last 10 years. I took a few minutes and went to this website:

Turnout and Voter Registration Figures 1970-current

And added up the voter turn out for every vote in the last 10 years in the state of Texas. Not registered voters. Not eligible voters. ACTUAL votes cast. And the number is enormous. 54,470,918 voters were cast (God, I love Excel). And among them all, 2 were in person voter fraud.

That's a fraud rate of 0.0000036%. To give you some sense of scale of how insanely small a proportion that is, 0.0000036% of a 3000 miles trip across the United States is roughly a 1/16th of an inch.

And on this, Texas is now disenfranchising 200,000 to 400,000 voters? If increasing the integrity of your elections is your goal, I don't know of a word in the English language that describes how monumentally, laughably, ineptly stupid that is.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back