And here we go: Pedophilia is being normalized.

cvjHcJ9.png

Not All Pedophiles Have Mental Disorder

In a move toward destigmatizing pedophilia, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) in its updated Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), distinguishes between pedophiles who desire sex with children, and those who act on those desires.

The former group -- those who want to have sex with children but whose desires are not distressing or harmful to themselves or others -- is no longer classified as having a psychiatric condition in the updated DSM.

This is pretty similar to how homosexuality was normalized back in 70s.

Thoughts?

Homosexuality is between two consenting adults. A child cannot consent to sex.

There’s a huge difference!

In a move toward destigmatizing pedophilia, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) in its updated Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), distinguishes between pedophiles who desire sex with children, and those who act on those desires.

The former group -- those who want to have sex with children but whose desires are not distressing or harmful to themselves or others -- is no longer classified as having a psychiatric condition in the updated DSM.

Thoughts?

Homosexuality is between two consenting adults. A child cannot consent to sex.

There’s a huge difference!

Huh? Only adults are homosexuals? Since when?

Thoughts?
The republican party has a huge problem with this, see trump and the RNC endorsing Roy Moore.

Thoughts?
The republican party has a huge problem with this, see trump and the RNC endorsing Roy Moore.
Lol
Says a Clinton supporter

Thoughts?
Lol
Says a Clinton supporter
I voted for Johnson. How about you?

Thoughts?
Lol
Says a Clinton supporter
I voted for Johnson. How about you?
Elmer Fudd

Thoughts?
Allow me to begin by saying that I loathe the idea of any adult preying on children. I investigated child abuse cases- including sexual abuse- for 26 years and I am all to aware of the devastating and lasting effect that it has on families. Any one to harms or exploits a child should be under the jail and if they ever get, they should be closely supervised and be branded with a large, red P on their forehead.

Having said that, I must also say that I have a major problem with the claim that pedophilia is being normalized by anything that the APA has done. It suggests that we are becoming tolerant of child sexual abuse and that is irresponsible, reckless and stupid. American society will never accept the sexual abuse of children as normal.

While those who cannot control their impulses and actually prey on children should be cut no slack, to lessen the stigma on those who do not offend can actually protect children by allowing those afflicted with such urges to come out of the shadows and seek help and support from professionals, family and the community.

You folks who are getting all worked up and hysterical over this need to educate yourself about what is really going one here.

Shadows Project Home English

I will add that the reference to homosexuality is just more stupidity. Homosexuality which harms no one has in fact been normalized, not just because of political pressure but because of the evolving standards of human decency and growing awareness of human rights abuses. While gay people are now seamlessly blending into society as responsible and productive people, child sexual predators will neve be accepted and to suggest otherwise is inane equine excrement.

Thoughts?
Allow me to begin by saying that I loathe the idea of any adult preying on children. I investigated child abuse cases- including sexual abuse- for 26 years and I am all to aware of the devastating and lasting effect that it has on families. Any one to harms or exploits a child should be under the jail and if they ever get, they should be closely supervised and be branded with a large, red P on their forehead.

Having said that, I must also say that I have a major problem with the claim that pedophilia is being normalized by anything that the APA has done. It suggests that we are becoming tolerant of child sexual abuse and that is irresponsible, reckless and stupid. American society will never accept the sexual abuse of children as normal.

While those who cannot control their impulses and actually prey on children should be cut no slack, to lessen the stigma on those who do not offend can actually protect children by allowing those afflicted with such urges to come out of the shadows and seek help and support from professionals, family and the community.

You folks who are getting all worked up and hysterical over this need to educate yourself about what is really going one here.

I will add that the reference to homosexuality is just more stupidity. Homosexuality which harms no one has in fact been normalized, not just because of political pressure but because of the evolving standards of human decency and growing awareness of human rights abuses. While gay people are now seamlessly blending into society as responsible and productive people, child sexual predators will neve be accepted and to suggest otherwise is inane equine excrement.
Political correctness is for pussies

Thoughts?

Political correctness is for pussies
That you for that well thought out and cogent response to an important issue and policy that might actually protect children .You are truly a compassionate genius ( stable genius perhaps)

Thoughts?
Sure...when the GOP picked a pedophile as Speaker of the House...two steps away from the WH.

And adult who has or attempts to have sexual contact with a child must be banished to a deserted island forever with no return possible.

This is pretty similar to how homosexuality was normalized back in 70s. Thoughts?

BY DEFINITION: those wanting to have sex with anyone outside the OPPOSITE sex within their age group can be termed as having a disorder. That said, I really don't care what goes on in your head, what anyone THINKS about is THEIR BUSINESS and no one else's. It is what you ACT UPON that matters to me. The part that bugs me is how these psychiatrists think they can distinguish between someone merely ATTRACTED TO children and those that will actually engage in overt outward abuse? Frankly, I'm less concerned about people with deviate tendencies if they keep it to themselves or between consenting adults than I am these psychiatrists who THINK they can tell who will and will never ACT on those feelings at some future date! I doubt they have that much insight into a persons soul, much less the ability to predict what they might do or not do 10-20 years down the road.

If anyone thinks this is a gateway to accepting pedophilia as "normal" in the future, I seriously doubt it though. You wanna marry a 12 year old, go move to the Middle East.

BY DEFINITION: anyone who thinks that wanting to have sex with anyone outside the OPPOSITE sex within their normal age group (i.e., same sex relations) can be termed as having a disorder.

Homosexuality is part of the natural order of the world or it would not exist.

Forum List

Back