Tennessee House of Rep passes bill banning squirt guns within 150 feet of school

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Every year thousands of kids are killed by car drivers speeding or driving drunk or text- driving or running reds lights but liberals care nothing about that.

As part of a bill to lift local prohibitions on permitted gun carriers bringing their weapons into parks, the House of Representatives in Tennessee has added and approved an amendment that would ban bringing fake guns within 150 feet of schools.

The text of the amendment reads:

A person commits an offense who intentionally carries an explosive, explosive weapon, permanently disabled firearm, hoax device, imitation firearm, machete, or sword openly within one hundred fifty feet (150′) of the real property that comprises the grounds or facilities of a public or private preschool, elementary school, middle school, or secondary school.

When I was in grade school I remember kids bringing in BB rifles for show and tell. Da fuck is up with the world today? :dunno:
And every boy had a pocket knife. Never saw one used on anyone in 12 years of school.

Every year thousands of kids are killed by car drivers speeding or driving drunk or text- driving or running reds lights but liberals care nothing about that.

As part of a bill to lift local prohibitions on permitted gun carriers bringing their weapons into parks, the House of Representatives in Tennessee has added and approved an amendment that would ban bringing fake guns within 150 feet of schools.

A person commits an offense who intentionally carries an explosive, explosive weapon, permanently disabled firearm, hoax device, imitation firearm, machete, or sword openly within one hundred fifty feet (150′) of the real property that comprises the grounds or facilities of a public or private preschool, elementary school, middle school, or secondary school.
Lol only a conservative could blame a law passed by an overwhelmingly conservative state government on liberals. :rofl:

When I was in grade school I remember kids bringing in BB rifles for show and tell. Da fuck is up with the world today? :dunno:
And every boy had a pocket knife. Never saw one used on anyone in 12 years of school.
I did get stabbed in grade school. With an icicle of all things. :lol:
A girl stuck me with a pencil when she turned from the pencil sharpener as I was stepping forward to sharpen mine. Still have a dot of carbon on my wrist after 64 years.

A girl stuck me with a pencil when she turned from the pencil sharpener as I was stepping forward to sharpen mine. Still have a dot of carbon on my wrist after 64 years.
Whaaaat?! :eek:

That's pretty nuts! Must've been a hell of a poke!

Haha! Same thing here, but went into the palm of my hand. Finally at 50, I picked out the rest of the lead.

Heck, in high school, the guys with pickups had their hunting rifles on a rack behind their heads, in the school parking lot.

Haha! Same thing here, but went into the palm of my hand. Finally at 50, I picked out the rest of the lead.

Heck, in high school, the guys with pickups had their hunting rifles on a rack behind their heads, in the school parking lot.
I forgot about the gun racks. That was normal everywhere. They sure can't have them on school property nowadays.

LOL, I managed to jab myself with with a pencil over 50 years ago and still have that little black dot in my finger.

Tennessee....hotbed of liberals.

In Houston, an Asian honor student serving as President of their Junior Honor Society
got suspended for using a knife-like blade as a pencil sharpener because that is the traditional tool used by students in the Korean culture.

Parents still protesting Katy s discipline policy - Houston Chronicle
Katy ISD rules changed to allow more in-school suspensions - Houston Chronicle

The parents sued to have the student reinstated, and claimed her due process was violated.
====================================
(10/22/03 - HOUSTON) — The parents of a Katy middle school honor student have sued the school district alleging it punished their daughter without a fair hearing over a pencil sharpener.

Christina Lough, a straight-A student at Garland McMeans Junior High School west of Houston, received seven days of in-school suspension earlier this month after a teacher wrote her up for having a sharpener that violated the school district's zero-tolerance policy on weapons. Lough also was removed as president of the student council and honor society.

The sharpener has a 2-inch blade which folds into a small handle and is used to sharpen pencils in South Korea, where the girl's family is from.

Attorney Neal H. Paster told the Houston Chronicle in Wednesday's editions the parents don't object to the school banning the pencil sharpener, but want their daughter treated fairly.

"They just want the punishment to fit the crime," he said. "This was an innocent mistake on her part and they are treating it as if it were the second coming of the hijackers." The suit was filed in state court and has been transferred to federal court.

The school district says it had no choice but to follow its policy which prohibits weapons, such as pocket knives, fireworks, razors, box cutters, chains or "any other object used in a way that threatens or inflicts bodily injury on another person."

"If we vary from the rules, that's when the rules fall apart," said school district attorney Christopher B. Gilbert.

I had a pencil stabbed into my thigh in 4th grade.

As far as I know pencils are still allowed in school

Forum List

Back