An extremely controversial (but interesting) documentary

Fundamentalist Christians are conspiracy theorists. Fundamentally, that is exactly what they are.

The USA is Babylon. Yea, okay, preach that nonsense if you want atheists to keep laughing at Christians with the way you caricature their faith.

The eschatology of the Olivet Discourse materialized within the apostles' generation, just as Jesus said. The Apocalypse and the Great Revolt put it in all perspective.

Did you watch the film?
Enough to know that a bunch of crackpots make it. A bunch of people who don't know the Scriptures.

The Babylon where Jesus was crucified was . . . wait for it . . . Jerusalem.

Jerusalem was the faithless whore. Jerusalem was the city surrounded by armies, from which the church fled for three and a half years. Jerusalem was sacked for five months culminating in the fiery furnace that left the temple desolate, whose smoke blacked out the moon and stars.

First-century Christians cared not one whit for a country they never heard of.

Revelation was prophesy...and now is history.
As far as Babylon it’s the fate of all empires as they fall apart.

Fundamentalist Christians are conspiracy theorists. Fundamentally, that is exactly what they are.

The USA is Babylon. Yea, okay, preach that nonsense if you want atheists to keep laughing at Christians with the way you caricature their faith.

The eschatology of the Olivet Discourse materialized within the apostles' generation, just as Jesus said. The Apocalypse and the Great Revolt put it in all perspective.

Did you watch the film?
Enough to know that a bunch of crackpots make it. A bunch of people who don't know the Scriptures.

Jerusalem was the faithless whore. Jerusalem was the city surrounded by armies, from which the church fled for three and a half years. Jerusalem was sacked for five months culminating in the fiery furnace that left the temple desolate, whose smoke blacked out the moon and stars.

The siege of Jerusalem was so horrific Titus bares his chest to the heavens and called upon the gods to witness that he never intended such horror.
And it took a lot to horrify a Roman general.

Revelation was prophesy...and now is history.
As far as Babylon it’s the fate of all empires as they fall apart.
It's rare these days to find people who actually read Revelation as a history. The Apocalypse affirms Christ's return in judgment.

Yea, okay, preach that nonsense if you want atheists to keep laughing at Christians with the way you caricature their faith.

Who are you trying to please?

"....so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts." - 1 Thessalonians 2:4​

So you didn't watch it. At least not the pertinent part, as the reasoning behind it is explained towards the end of the film.

We aren't talking about Jesus' crucifixion, we are talking about the end times, the end of this age.

Since you never replied to my last post on that other thread, in regard to the ages..... let me ask you straight out. Do you believe in the teaching of the second coming of Christ? By that I mean the final one that hasn't happened yet?

And you're a Mormon, right?

Did you watch the film?

The siege of Jerusalem was so horrific Titus bares his chest to the heavens and called upon the gods to witness that he never intended such horror.
And it took a lot to horrify a Roman general.
Dead bodies rotted on the streets. People died from famine and disease. Rebels desecrated the temple. The whole sacrificial system ended. The age ended, just as Malachi prophesied. Just as the Baptist heralded. Just as Jesus fulfilled.

Pogo said:
9/11 had nothing to do with "Islam", joker. The fact that some opportunistic talking heads want to paint it that way to their gullibles doesn't make it a fact.
Oh Yeah
The Towers Sucked Those High-Jacked Planes Right Out Of The Sky
I'm Sorry. I Forgot.

Hey, you made the ass-sertion, you prove it.
This

9/11 had nothing to do with "Islam", joker. The fact that some opportunistic talking heads want to paint it that way to their gullibles doesn't make it a fact.

This is the biggest ass-ertion in this thread.

Yea, okay, preach that nonsense if you want atheists to keep laughing at Christians with the way you caricature their faith.

"....so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts." - 1 Thessalonians 2:4​

So you didn't watch it. At least not the pertinent part, as the reasoning behind it is explained towards the end of the film.

We aren't talking about Jesus' crucifixion, we are talking about the end times, the end of this age.

Since you never replied to my last post on that other thread, in regard to the ages..... let me ask you straight out. Do you believe in the teaching of the second coming of Christ? By that I mean the final one that hasn't happened yet?

If you're talking about the end times, you're including Jesus' crucifixion.

"But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself." (Heb 9:26)​

If you're talking about the end times, you're including Jesus' crucifixion.

"But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself." (Heb 9:26)​

You never answer direct questions. If you continue doing that, I'm not going to continue with this discussion, as we're not going to get anywhere.

I'll ask again. Do you believe in the teaching of the second coming of Christ, meaning the final one that hasn't happened yet?

Do you not see with your own two eyes that this world is still run by thoroughly corrupt, evil people? And by the lowercase "god of this world"? Are you OK with the world the way it is now?

Pretty much everything you say is demonstrably contrary to what the scriptures say.

I'll ask again. Do you believe in the teaching of the second coming of Christ, meaning the final one that hasn't happened yet?
I believe in the return of Christ. The scriptural account.

Do you not see with your own two eyes that this world is still controlled by thoroughly corrupt, evil people? And ultimately, by the lowercase "god of this world"? Are you OK with the world the way it is now?

Pretty much everything you say is demonstrably contrary to what the scriptures say.
Conjecture. 100% extra-biblical conjecture.

Do you not see with your own two eyes that this world is still controlled by thoroughly corrupt, evil people? And ultimately, by the lowercase "god of this world"? Are you OK with the world the way it is now?

You're still not answering the question. So slippery. I guess I have to phrase it a different way.

Do you believe that Jesus will return to this earth in the future, in the final battle, as the conquering king, yes or no?

Or do you believe that the lowercase "god of this world" and the evil we can see with our own two eyes will reign forevermore?

You're still not answering the question. So slippery. I guess I have to phrase it a different way.

Do you believe that Jesus will return to this earth in the future, in the final battle, as the conquering king, yes or no?

Or do you believe that the lowercase "god of this world" and the evil we can see with our own two eyes will reign forevermore?
I answere3d that question. Jesus returned. If you want to preach his absence in the world, that's your business.

When St. Paul called idolatry - Satan, sin, whatever - the god of this world, guess what world he was referring to. I'll give you a hint: the world of temple hierarchy and animal sacrifices had not ended yet.

I answere3d that question. Jesus returned. If you want to preach his absence in the world, that's your business.

When St. Paul called idolatry - Satan, sin, whatever - the god of this world, guess what world he was referring to. I'll give you a hint: the world of temple hierarchy and animal sacrifices had not ended yet.

Jesus' first coming was as the suffering servant, the second coming will be as the conquering king. You are disregarding so much scripture, with your beliefs.

Nothing that you say makes any sense, it is not only unbiblical but it goes against common sense and what we can see with our own eyes. I seriously have to question your spiritual discernment, if you think that this evil age will last forever.... or even worse, that you don't even seem to see that it is evil.

Jesus' first coming was as the suffering servant, the second coming will be as the conquering king. You are disregarding so much scripture, with your beliefs.

Nothing that you say makes any sense, it is not only unbiblical but it goes against common sense and what we can see with our own eyes. I seriously have to question your spiritual discernment, if you think that this evil age will last forever.... or even worse, that you don't even seem to see that it is evil.
You can believe what you want.

You can believe what you want.

That is precisely what you are doing, choosing to believe what you want, not only going against what the bible says but what is clear as day, to anyone who isn't completely blind.

There are at least two types of Messianic prophecies. There are ones that describe the first coming of Christ, and ones that describe the second coming... and they are completely different. That is why many Jewish people missed the Messiah, because they were looking for the conquering king, not the suffering servant.

You are denying the plain reality that we can see with our own eyes. Yes, Jesus defeated death and evil on the cross, but there is still evil in this world, because the final battle has not happened yet.

So you are either ignoring the evil and suffering in this world, acting as if it does not exist, or you seem to think that there is no evil, which is very odd indeed.

But anyway, we're going to have to agree to disagree, as you seem to be willfully blind. You have my prayers.

No, it has seven hills and the city of Rome was known to have seven hills during ancient times. Yet, there is more to it than this, so we do not know for certain. Revelation 17:10 goes on to to explain that the seven hills represent 7 kings or kingdoms, five of which have fallen, one that is and one that is to come. Is one of the kingdoms the US? Will it be one of the fallen?

Revelation 17:10 goes on to to explain that the seven hills represent 7 kings or kingdoms, five of which have fallen, one that is and one that is to come. Is one of the kingdoms the US? Will it be one of the fallen?

That's one of the things the doc talks about, the seven kingdoms, five which have fallen, and one yet to come... but they all have the same spirit. It's really interesting. The film actually lays all that out, in a very clear way, and I have to say, the way they explain it is compelling. But I do want to study Revelations more, before I come to that conclusion.

Here are the kingdoms...
  1. Egypt
  2. Assiria
  3. Babylon
  4. Persia
  5. Greece
  6. Rome
  7. ? (The New World Order)

Now let's look at Rev 17:10

"....five of whom have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come, and when he does come he must remain only a little while."

• The five that were already fallen were the first five (Egypt, Assiria, Babylon, Persia, Greece)
  • "One is" is Rome, since Rome was the empire at that time.
  • And the last one "has not yet come." This the one we are trying to figure out here.
That alone disproves Norwegen's view, because obviously the final power had not come yet, so the story didn't end at Jesus' crucifixion, the scriptures state that there will be a future empire that eventually will become a one-world government, and that has not happened yet.

Idolatry is still with us of course. Every time you hear "I pledge allegiance to the flag" or get forced to stand for the national anthem when all you wanted was a ball game --- that's idolatry pure and simple. So is that new iPhone.

Idolatry is still with us of course. Every time you hear "I pledge allegiance to the flag" or get forced to stand for the national anthem when all you wanted was a ball game --- that's idolatry pure and simple. So is that new iPhone.
Not quite.

Forum List

Back