Amnesty...? Not so much...

$10,500,000,000.00

I'd be willing to vote for the state of California to spend $10.5 billion to round them up and send them back to their respective homelands. As of 2004 this was the estimated cost to state taxpayers for education, medical care and incarceration. Even if the estimated tax contributions of illegal immigrant workers are deducted, outlays still come to nearly $9 billion per year. The annual fiscal cost from those three areas of state outlays comes to about $1,183 per household headed by a native-born resident.

Based on estimates of the illegal immigrant population in California and documented costs of K-12 schooling, Californians spend nearly $7.7 billion per year on education for illegal immigrant children and for their U.S.-born siblings. Nearly 15 percent of the K-12 public school students in California are children of illegal aliens.

Uncompensated medical outlays for health care provided to the state's illegal alien population amount to about $1.4 billion a year.

The cost of incarcerating illegal aliens in California's prisons and jails amounts to about $1.4 billion a year (this does not include related law enforcement and judicial costs or the monetary costs of the crimes that led to their incarceration). In 2001, one in five in our prison population were illegal immigrants who had been convicted of a felony after entering the country illegally.

The U.S. Justice Department estimated that 270,000 illegal immigrants served jail time nationally in 2003. Of those, 108,000 were in California. Some estimates show illegals now make up half of California's prison population. Roughly 17 percent of the prison population at the federal level are illegal aliens. That's a huge number since illegal aliens only account for about 3 percent of the total population.

According to the Center for Immigration Studies, the proportion of immigrant-headed households using at least one major welfare program is 24.5 percent compared to 16.3 percent for native households. Once illegals get here, they are 50 percent more likely to be on welfare than citizens. How's that for hard working?

Listen, I work with immigrants every single day (hell, my first wife was an immigrant, albeit British). From El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, China, Vietnam, the Philipines, and they are some of the hardest working people I know and they have my utmost respect. Because the company I work for handles primarily government contracts, their immigration status is not in question (though this could not be said 15 years ago), some of my best friends are from Lebanon. They came here legally and worked hard to earn their citizenship. I am not opposed to people comming to America. I understand why they do. But is it too much to ask that they do it legally? And if they didn't, is it to much to ask that they get in line with those who do?

The measure of a country's greatness can best be determined by the number of people trying to get there. I'd say that makes America pretty damn great.

Just recognize and respect our laws regarding entering it.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
No, but their ingenuity is a valuable resource. Anyone who can make a submarine out of a pineapple, some popsicle sticks, and a paperclip deserves some consideration.

True enough but just as soon as you give them a government contract all that creativity goes out the window.

Cubans apply and are accepted under a LEGAL process. Are you aware that IF we catch them Before they reach our shore they DO NOT get to stay?
Yeah I'm aware. If they make it to shore and outrun the Coast Guard, they get amnesty. Are you opposed to all amnesty or do you feel that Cubans are an exception?

They ARE an exception. They are considered under a different code then Mexicans or Central Americans or even Europeans. You can not compare them, they are not the same. If you don't like our laws considering hardship and asylum, petition to have them changed, Unlike Mexicans the Cubans are not illegal.

They ARE an exception. They are considered under a different code then Mexicans or Central Americans or even Europeans. You can not compare them, they are not the same. If you don't like our laws considering hardship and asylum, petition to have them changed, Unlike Mexicans the Cubans are not illegal.

if only mexico were a commie country, eh? You'd have a reason to look the other way on the immigration front then...

$10,500,000,000.00

I'd be willing to vote for the state of California to spend $10.5 billion to round them up and send them back to their respective homelands. As of 2004 this was the estimated cost to state taxpayers for education, medical care and incarceration. Even if the estimated tax contributions of illegal immigrant workers are deducted, outlays still come to nearly $9 billion per year. The annual fiscal cost from those three areas of state outlays comes to about $1,183 per household headed by a native-born resident.

Based on estimates of the illegal immigrant population in California and documented costs of K-12 schooling, Californians spend nearly $7.7 billion per year on education for illegal immigrant children and for their U.S.-born siblings. Nearly 15 percent of the K-12 public school students in California are children of illegal aliens.

Uncompensated medical outlays for health care provided to the state's illegal alien population amount to about $1.4 billion a year.

The cost of incarcerating illegal aliens in California's prisons and jails amounts to about $1.4 billion a year (this does not include related law enforcement and judicial costs or the monetary costs of the crimes that led to their incarceration). In 2001, one in five in our prison population were illegal immigrants who had been convicted of a felony after entering the country illegally.

The U.S. Justice Department estimated that 270,000 illegal immigrants served jail time nationally in 2003. Of those, 108,000 were in California. Some estimates show illegals now make up half of California's prison population. Roughly 17 percent of the prison population at the federal level are illegal aliens. That's a huge number since illegal aliens only account for about 3 percent of the total population.

According to the Center for Immigration Studies, the proportion of immigrant-headed households using at least one major welfare program is 24.5 percent compared to 16.3 percent for native households. Once illegals get here, they are 50 percent more likely to be on welfare than citizens. How's that for hard working?

Listen, I work with immigrants every single day (hell, my first wife was an immigrant, albeit British). From El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, China, Vietnam, the Philipines, and they are some of the hardest working people I know and they have my utmost respect. Because the company I work for handles primarily government contracts, their immigration status is not in question (though this could not be said 15 years ago), some of my best friends are from Lebanon. They came here legally and worked hard to earn their citizenship. I am not opposed to people comming to America. I understand why they do. But is it too much to ask that they do it legally? And if they didn't, is it to much to ask that they get in line with those who do?

The measure of a country's greatness can best be determined by the number of people trying to get there. I'd say that makes America pretty damn great.

Just recognize and respect our laws regarding entering it.

If you turn them into citizens you get the tax dollars from them to do all these above things without spending the money to round them up, process them, solve the problem of Legal minor childern, and deport them.

Instead they pay you money to become citizens which pays for the process

If you turn them into citizens you get the tax dollars from them to do all these above things without spending the money to round them up, process them, solve the problem of Legal minor childern, and deport them.

Again, by what logic do you think they will line up to pay taxes? or even become citizens?

I truly doubt the illegals will just line up for anything, never mind pay taxes. Why should they?

One of the biggest flaws with the idea of asking illegal aliens to step forward and do the right thing is, in my opinion, that many of them have come from countries with harsh, corrupt governments. Governments that make people disappear. Governments that have and continue to put people in jail for reasons that we could never fathom. They have in them an inate fear and distrust of government entities. Theirs and, by default, ours. There is a good chance tha most could choose to continue to live as they have been, off the grid.

Would YOU?

Given their situation I would do everything I could to know My family could stay in the USA forever and be full citizens.

You people seem to think they are differnt than you ,They are not.

Some cultures may be but most from latino countries are very much like us.

Most are decent family loving ,hard working up by the staps of their boots types.

Have you met any?

I used to live in a town that was 40% latino, they are good people from everything I saw.

I plan to move back to that town ,I still own the house and rent it.

Would YOU?

I would not be here illegally in the first place!

Given their situation I would do everything I could to know My family could stay in the USA forever and be full citizens.

They should have thought of that BEFORE coming here illegally.

You people seem to think they are differnt than you ,They are not.

Yes they are different; they are criminals. I am not.

Some cultures may be but most from latino countries are very much like us.

Possibly; but if they are like us, why are their citizens leaving in droves to come to the US?

Most are decent family loving ,hard working up by the staps of their boots types.

Except for the criminal types that came here, right?

Have you met any?

Yep, and when I find out they are criminals I turn them in.

I used to live in a town that was 40% latino, they are good people from everything I saw.

How many are illegals?

I plan to move back to that town ,I still own the house and rent it. Rent it? I guess your compassion for the criminals element is limited to how much money you can get out of them.

I have no problem with LEGAL immigration. It is the ILLEGALS I have the problem with.

This is Ted Kennedy and the liberals attempt to eliminate the GOP. the hispanic/Immigrants will become legal and will end up voting for liberals. GOP voters will be out numbered 4 to 1 in 10 years if this happens. Vote no for this bill!!!

Guess who was watching Bill O'Reilly? And you swallowed his bullshit hook-line-and-sinker.

Forum List

Back