Americans: Would Or Wouldn't You Join The U.s. Military? Why?/why Not?

Yes I have served 7 years and I would do it again, I think every young person should do an enlistment. It teaches you discipline and work ethic that most little shits don't have in this country anymore.

National Guard members were sent to Iraq

Well, let the military know that you only believe in and are only willing to fight those who attack America directly.

Why would National Guard troops have to be sent out of America? Were there not enough Regular Army (or Marines, etc.) troops?

Today's military is primarily used for political and economic purposes, sort of like back at the beginning of the 20th century, when the USA was sending the Marines into every banana republic in which someone wanted to redistribute the land and throw out United Fruit Company. Fighting for one's country is a good thing. Invading one Middle East country after another, playing "Whack-a-mole" is for suckers. Besides that, the country does not take care of it's vets the way they should, with a terrible VA system, untreated PTS, suicidal solders, repeated deployments, etc. etc.

Why not let them (whatever branch you would join) know up front that you are only willing to fight against those who attack the American homeland? Why not do that and join the National Guard?

We've seen what happens with "preemptive strikes". 5,000 troops dead, trillions spent, nothing was found or accomplished.

If I could I would join the National Guard and let them know up front that I am only willing to fight in defense of the American homeland because I don't believe in the way America has invaded other nations (let them know that I would only fight in the National Guard (on US soil.))

We've seen what happens with "preemptive strikes". 5,000 troops dead, trillions spent, nothing was found or accomplished.

If I could I would join the National Guard and let them know up front that I am only willing to fight in defense of the American homeland because I don't believe in the way America has invaded other nations (let them know that I would only fight in the National Guard (on US soil.))

I understand where your coming from but there is no guarantee that you wont be sent to fight overseas, plenty of Guardsmen have ended up on the front lines in Iraq and Afghanistan.

hey Ofo : there are lots of reasons but here are 3 . Some people are too old to enlist !! Some wouldn't serve in the type of military the USA military has become . WOT , ship a guy out to fight ebola in west Africa ?? Wot , ship a guy out to a war zone but tell him to keep the shooting noise down so that the locals [including enemies] can sleep .

If another country was actively invading us? Hell, yes.

Why wait?...that could happen anytime if Russia is doing military exercises in the Caribbean Sea: Russian Navy - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia .

Republicans ruined America's name abroad. They created an enormous deficit. Thousands of Americans dead, tens of thousands maimed for life.

I bet Republicans feel they accomplished a awful lot.

Yes I have served 7 years and I would do it again, I think every young person should do an enlistment. It teaches you discipline and work ethic that most little shits don't have in this country anymore.

When you enlist in the Army, you enlist for 6 years. It could be 3 active and 3 inactive, which is what I did.
I've always tried to promote the draft. I think it's a terrific idea. And for many reasons.

When the kids of politicians are in the military, they tend to work harder to keep the country out of armed conflict for obvious reasons.

Sons of people like Mitt Romney could really benefit and actually learn how the "little people" live. Find out the "little people" aren't so "little" after all.

It teaches rich kids how to work.

It helps poor kids to get a better life.

It's good for the country getting a broader spectrum of people involved.

It's good for the economy. Training real Americans to do real things and learn real skills.

And that's just a few of the benefits.

We've had a total of 2 kids enlist in the last 3 graduating classes in our town. It used to be a lot more. But then again our army is the best in the world and with the technology now I can see why we don't need as many.

I looked into it in high school...but flunked the physical due to knee problems, so that ended that.

Anyone supporting a draft advocates slavery and is absolutely pure evil.

When you enlist in the Army, you enlist for 6 years. It could be 3 active and 3 inactive, which is what I did.
I've always tried to promote the draft. I think it's a terrific idea. And for many reasons.

When the kids of politicians are in the military, they tend to work harder to keep the country out of armed conflict for obvious reasons.

Sons of people like Mitt Romney could really benefit and actually learn how the "little people" live. Find out the "little people" aren't so "little" after all.

It teaches rich kids how to work.

It helps poor kids to get a better life.

It's good for the country getting a broader spectrum of people involved.

It's good for the economy. Training real Americans to do real things and learn real skills.

And that's just a few of the benefits.

I agree when you have skin in the game you aren't so quick to rush off to war, especially if your son or daughter is active Army.

I can think back to a news report that I saw about a Russian war ship doing military exercises not too far from the American mainland sometime earlier in this millennium.

Someone on usmb said that all Americans should be required to do a stent in the U.S. military. Do you agree with that assertion? Why?/why not?

Or, would you join the military (even if it were not required?) Why?/why not?
Right now I wouldn't join.

With Democrats running the show bad things seem to happen.

It never fails.

Forum List

Back