Americans really REALLY hate government

This makes my weekend and gives me renewed faith in my fellow Americans...God bless America and please terminate the government.

If there is one thing that Americans can agree on these days, it is the fact that most of us don’t like the government. CBS News has just released an article entitled “Americans hate the U.S. government more than ever“, and an average of recent surveys calculated by Real Clear Politics found that 63 percent of all Americans believe the country is heading in the wrong direction and only 28 percent of all Americans believe that the country is heading in the right direction. In just a few days the first real ballots of the 2016 election will be cast in Iowa, and up to this point the big story of this cycle has been the rise of “outsider” candidates that many of the pundits had assumed would never have a legitimate chance. Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders have all been beneficies of the overwhelming disgust that the American people feel regarding what has been going on in Washington.

And it isn’t just Barack Obama or members of Congress that Americans are disgusted with. According to the CBS News article that I referenced above, our satisfaction with various federal agencies has fallen to an eight year low…
⇒ Keep Reading

I do not hate the government. They do a great job protecting us. Those who hate the government should look at other countries. There are things we can change, but hate is just foolish.
Yeah we should love a government that is corrupt and extraordinarily wasteful because they can do a few things okay. I think not.

Government everywhere in the world sucks because it is an antiquated idea.

The gov does 1000s of things . People hate highways and national parks ?

I bet if u asked any American they can come up with a list of things they do like about the gov .

Bingo!!! Sure there's things that some people dislike about government but there's a thousand times more things that they like. Without government we'd be like Haiti or Somali. I am sure people would hate that more.
Hey Bub...it is the 21 century yet government is still corrupt, ineffective, and terribly inefficient as it has always been. Politicians are still liars and thieves. When will you realize that government causes more harm than good?

Just because they are corrupt and can be ineffective, doesn't mean they cause more harm than good.

Go to Somalia and see what no government does. Go to South Africa and see what corrupt govt does. Go to North Korea, Zimbabwe and other places to see what dictators do.

None of these are better than the US govt.
Leftists...ugh. It is black and white with them. It is big unlimited gov run by fools or it is Somalia. They must get this foolishness from MSLSD, because they all seem to say it in unison.

I gave examples. I didn't say it was black and white, HOWEVER, you need some form of government. Can you name me one place which doesn't have government that isn't in a major war? I bet you can't.

The reason being that govt will appear EVERYWHERE and ANYWHERE where there isn't govt. There's even government in Somalia, lots of different types of govt, the Islamists have govt, the supposed govt of Somalia has govt, and there's govt in the north which is more stable.

Why do you think this is? No place has ever worked without some sort of government.

I bet if u asked any American they can come up with a list of things they do like about the gov .

Bingo!!! Sure there's things that some people dislike about government but there's a thousand times more things that they like. Without government we'd be like Haiti or Somali. I am sure people would hate that more.
Hey Bub...it is the 21 century yet government is still corrupt, ineffective, and terribly inefficient as it has always been. Politicians are still liars and thieves. When will you realize that government causes more harm than good?

Just because they are corrupt and can be ineffective, doesn't mean they cause more harm than good.

Go to Somalia and see what no government does. Go to South Africa and see what corrupt govt does. Go to North Korea, Zimbabwe and other places to see what dictators do.

Leftists...ugh. It is black and white with them. It is big unlimited gov run by fools or it is Somalia. They must get this foolishness from MSLSD, because they all seem to say it in unison.

I gave examples. I didn't say it was black and white, HOWEVER, you need some form of government. Can you name me one place which doesn't have government that isn't in a major war? I bet you can't.

The reason being that govt will appear EVERYWHERE and ANYWHERE where there isn't govt. There's even government in Somalia, lots of different types of govt, the Islamists have govt, the supposed govt of Somalia has govt, and there's govt in the north which is more stable.

Why do you think this is? No place has ever worked without some sort of government.
Wars are started by government... And have been for 5000 years.

Government governing is one thing. Government being a part of your life is quite another.

Our city forces us to have apartments inspected before a tenant moves in. It doesn't matter whether the apartment was just inspected three years ago, three months ago, or three days ago. It has to be inspected again before each tenant occupies the place.

In the past ten years, that apartment has been inspected over five times. Guess what? They still found supposed violations in the place. What this time? Now they want CO2 detectors in the apartment and the basement as well. That set me back $60.00. And for what? So that we can reduce that fraction of 1% that may become ill or even die from CO2?

I hate government on every level: city, county, state and in particular, federal. Why? Because they are all too far up my ass for me to ever enjoy freedom again.

Without the government and regulations this country would be a fucking shit hole. Thank god for the government. Do I agree with everything it does? No. But I am glad my country has a stable government.

Yeah I mean without government our drinking water would be contaminated with lead, companies would dump toxic mining settling ponds into rivers, people would ignite atomic bombs in the desert, dam up rivers killing fish for power, create densely populated toxic waste spewing sewage spilling inner cities, yeah man government is awesome /SARCASM

Does your water have lead contamination ?

It's completely reasonable to hate an organization that initiates violence against innocent people. It would be unreasonable not to.

It's completely reasonable to hate an organization that initiates violence against innocent people. It would be unreasonable not to.

Lol,

Only when you break the law! You have no right to pollute the water or violate other peoples rights...Sure the government uses force to make sure trash like you doesn't!!!

Civilization is a wonderful thing...It is a balance.

Lol,

Only when you break the law! You have no right to pollute the water or violate other peoples rights...Sure the government uses force to make sure trash like you doesn't!!!

Do you know what the word "initiate" means?

Wrong. There are far more things they hate about government than things they like about government.

Lol,

What if you don't want to buy some government mandated health insurance policy?

Lol,

What if you don't want to buy some government mandated health insurance policy?

The aca isn't just a closed government policy but many markets with certain rules that protects the consumer. Sure, it has a tax to get healthcare but would you rather everyone just went to the er and had the tax payers paid it?

People don't like the IRS . Well no shit ! Who likes the tax man!?

I probably should not say this but I have had several dealings with the IRS. Each time I was treated very well and given a fair decision. They were polite, informed and listened to my side. No one likes to give money away, but if all play by same rules it is less painful.

Wrong. There are far more things they hate about government than things they like about government.

The problem in most of the world is instability caused by no government or weak government. Look at somalia, Haiti, Central Africa republic or even Syria..Most businesses wouldn't even be able to function in this land if it wasn't for the stability of government.

There's a lot I disagree with Obamas government but to say that I wouldn't want government...Well, that is just really short sighted.

Wars are started by government... And have been for 5000 years.

And sometimes governments start wars against people who don't have much in the way of a government to help them defend themselves. Wars are only won by governments doing things right.

So.... what's your point?

Government governing is one thing. Government being a part of your life is quite another.

Our city forces us to have apartments inspected before a tenant moves in. It doesn't matter whether the apartment was just inspected three years ago, three months ago, or three days ago. It has to be inspected again before each tenant occupies the place.

In the past ten years, that apartment has been inspected over five times. Guess what? They still found supposed violations in the place. What this time? Now they want CO2 detectors in the apartment and the basement as well. That set me back $60.00. And for what? So that we can reduce that fraction of 1% that may become ill or even die from CO2?

I hate government on every level: city, county, state and in particular, federal. Why? Because they are all too far up my ass for me to ever enjoy freedom again.

I agree. However someone made the suggestion that govt is bad, whatever.

The people can vote, they keep voting in morons who don't have a consistent policy other than "do what the right think" or "do what the left think" and all you end up with a whole situation where politicians do what the left or right want, and the left or right do what the politicians want. Who is telling who exactly? Doesn't matter, all that happens is that nothing sensible comes out of it.

Having checks on tenants is hardly taking away your freedom, how yes, at times the govt imposes itself on people as it should not. Where is this debate to be found? You come on a board like this and there isn't much debate, it'll just end up in a bitching match with people say "liberals are this" and "Conservatives are that", and it's not much different for anything.

The ONLY way to change this is to have govt change the way it is elected, so there are more parties, more opinions from different types of parties, more access to politics and so on. But the two main parties have so much control they prevent this debate.

The problem in most of the world is instability caused by no government or weak government. Look at somalia, Haiti, Central Africa republic or even Syria..Most businesses wouldn't even be able to function in this land if it wasn't for the stability of government.

There's a lot I disagree with Obamas government but to say that I wouldn't want government...Well, that is just really short sighted.
Historically inaccurate...completely and utterly inaccurate. Wars have occurred for 5000 years and nearly all were initiated by government...whether that government be dictator, monarchy, or democracy.

The people can vote, they keep voting in morons who don't have a consistent policy other than "do what the right think" or "do what the left think" and all you end up with a whole situation where politicians do what the left or right want, and the left or right do what the politicians want. Who is telling who exactly? Doesn't matter, all that happens is that nothing sensible comes out of it.

Having checks on tenants is hardly taking away your freedom, how yes, at times the govt imposes itself on people as it should not. Where is this debate to be found? You come on a board like this and there isn't much debate, it'll just end up in a bitching match with people say "liberals are this" and "Conservatives are that", and it's not much different for anything.

The ONLY way to change this is to have govt change the way it is elected, so there are more parties, more opinions from different types of parties, more access to politics and so on. But the two main parties have so much control they prevent this debate.
Government does not prevent war. It starts wars.

Here we go again

If one criticizes government not only do they hate roads and bridges they want to be like Somalia

Our government has never been weak in fact I posit that because it is so bloated and bound in red tape that it is less effective now than it has been in the past

And usually for no good reason

What your saying doesn't add anything to this debate. It's a meaningless soundbite.

Do you want to talk about this, or throw soundbites at me?

Forum List

Back