Americans Begging The Government To Take Their Rights

We have sensible gun laws...the police didn't use them...the school didn't use them, the FBI didn't use them.....

Moron.....he passed the federal background check....he could by a gun in any state of the Union......

Florida has crap laws . They let an 18 yr old waltz in and by an AR . Not even a gun license is needed .

Once again, for the sake of anyone who doesn't know by now what an ignorant, mouthbreathing, lying sack of monkey vomit you are:

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

THESE are the voluminous pages of "crappy, non-existent" gun laws Florida has, according to Timmy. I'd say this proves that if you believe a word he says after this, you are either too stupid to be allowed out without a babysitter and a leash, or as big a disingenous, fascist snake turd as he is.

Why don't you tell us, Timmy, what your precious, repeated-until-it's-talismanic "gun license" would have accomplished that these laws didn't? I could use a good laugh.

Ummm. It would’ve stopped an obvious nut from getting a hold of a high powered military weapon and killing 17 people .

Laugh on.

You're making assumptions you can't back up, he didn't have any convictions or a restraining order on his record, so they had no legal reason to deny him.

That’s my point about Florida law !

Mass law Runs through the local police department. It is designed for just this kind of situation. The local police chief would know that cruise was a troublemaker and be able to deny him a license.

Sure he can appeal up, but then the PD Could provide proof that he was unsuitable.

Based on what, a clean record? You regressives crack me up.

We have sensible gun laws...the police didn't use them...the school didn't use them, the FBI didn't use them.....

Moron.....he passed the federal background check....he could by a gun in any state of the Union......

Florida has crap laws . They let an 18 yr old waltz in and by an AR . Not even a gun license is needed .

Once again, for the sake of anyone who doesn't know by now what an ignorant, mouthbreathing, lying sack of monkey vomit you are:

THESE are the voluminous pages of "crappy, non-existent" gun laws Florida has, according to Timmy. I'd say this proves that if you believe a word he says after this, you are either too stupid to be allowed out without a babysitter and a leash, or as big a disingenous, fascist snake turd as he is.

Why don't you tell us, Timmy, what your precious, repeated-until-it's-talismanic "gun license" would have accomplished that these laws didn't? I could use a good laugh.

Ummm. It would’ve stopped an obvious nut from getting a hold of a high powered military weapon and killing 17 people .

Laugh on.

You're making assumptions you can't back up, he didn't have any convictions or a restraining order on his record, so they had no legal reason to deny him.

And what the lying sacks of crap like Timmy refuse to EVER acknowledge is that he SHOULD have had those things on his record. The left forever abdicated any right to propose laws and be taken seriously by refusing to APPLY the laws already in existence and letting this outrage happen.

The mind boggles at the chutzpah, lack of shame, and sheer evil necessary for leftists to adopt a tone of sanctimony and demand ANYTHING before the blood of those students even dried on their hands.

Please . It’s cons who fight any attempt at laws that would prevent gun ownership .

Would you agree that juvenile records should prevent gun ownership ?

Laugh on.

Mass law Runs through the local police department. It is designed for just this kind of situation. The local police chief would know that cruise was a troublemaker and be able to deny him a license.

Sure he can appeal up, but then the PD Could provide proof that he was unsuitable.

You cons crack me up. You say it’s the fbi and cops fault , but then say Cruz has a clean record and should be able to buy an AR.

Laugh on.

You HAVE no point about Florida law, shit sack. All you have are lies.

The Broward County Sheriff DID know that Cruz (learn to spell, skidmark) was a troublemaker, inasmuch as that useless waste of skin knew anything about what was going on in his own department. You lefties love to disingenuously pretend that Cruz's actions were a total shock, out of nowhere, to law enforcement, and hope we'll all forget that that's completely untrue.

Furthermore, no matter how much you run away from answering questions about why your rubbing-one-out-thinking-about-it "gun license" would change anything, Florida's current laws already provide for doing exactly what needed to be done with Cruz. The problem isn't that more laws are needed; the problem is that COMPETENT LAW ENFORCEMENT is needed.

You gun nuts contradict yourselves.

Cruz was “clean” on paper because he was a minor all thag time . Gun nuts don’t even want background checks! What could he fla police do when you make hurdles so high to even stop a person like Cruz from getting a weapon .

Laugh on.

You cons crack me up. You say it’s the fbi and cops fault , but then say Cruz has a clean record and should be able to buy an AR.

He had a clean record because the Broward county sheriff and the FBI failed to enforce existing laws. Don't blame the laws, blame the enforcers that didn't do their jobs.

Laugh on.

The Broward County Sheriff DID know that Cruz (learn to spell, skidmark) was a troublemaker, inasmuch as that useless waste of skin knew anything about what was going on in his own department. You lefties love to disingenuously pretend that Cruz's actions were a total shock, out of nowhere, to law enforcement, and hope we'll all forget that that's completely untrue.

Furthermore, no matter how much you run away from answering questions about why your rubbing-one-out-thinking-about-it "gun license" would change anything, Florida's current laws already provide for doing exactly what needed to be done with Cruz. The problem isn't that more laws are needed; the problem is that COMPETENT LAW ENFORCEMENT is needed.

Cruz was “clean” on paper because he was a minor all thag time . Gun nuts don’t even want background checks! What could he fla police do when you make hurdles so high to even stop a person like Cruz from getting a weapon .

You're a liar, he was over 18 when it was reported that he put a gun to someones head. The cops did nothing.

I watched as events unfolded today and couldn't believe my eyes, there were 10s of thousands of Americans begging the government to take their constitutional rights from them. I can't think of a thing that would be more un-American.

Literally millions have laid their lives on the line to protect the rights these people just want to piss away. What the hell are they teaching in the government halls of indoctrination as a pretense for education? It damn sure isn't American values.

Your thoughts.

There does come a point where society should have its rights stripped away.

I mean, what if the entire country had the morality of criminals on death row?

At that point, to maintain a civil society you would be forced to take away all their rights.

I think this is why Leftists attack the countries moral fiber. They know that if they do, a police state is just around the corner..............

I watched as events unfolded today and couldn't believe my eyes, there were 10s of thousands of Americans begging the government to take their constitutional rights from them. I can't think of a thing that would be more un-American.

Literally millions have laid their lives on the line to protect the rights these people just want to piss away. What the hell are they teaching in the government halls of indoctrination as a pretense for education? It damn sure isn't American values.

Your thoughts.

There does come a point where society should have its rights stripped away.

I mean, what if the entire country had the morality of criminals on death row?

At that point, to maintain a civil society you would be forced to take away all their rights.

I think this is why Leftists attack the countries moral fiber. They know that if they do, a police state is just around the corner..............

I couldn't disagree more, it's time to re-institute discipline and personal responsibility in society. It's time to allow parents and schools to bust a kids ass when they misbehave, it's worked for thousands of years, and it can work again. We can't allow regressives shirk the responsibility for what their insane policies have created.

Better yet, who wants to be defenseless when one shows up? You freaks are asking the same government that failed in FL to save you, REALLY?

But guns aren't the point of this thread, it's about Americans begging the government to take away their rights for some false sense of security.

Replace “ guns” with “voting” and watch you righties pull a 180 on giving away rights .

Or really name any other right and y’all are for all kinds of limitations. You name if.

Oh, and gov failed in Florida because they didn’t have the laws to help them . Unlike in gun control states .

I'm not going deep into this but what are the constitutional requirements for voting?

Also FL and the FBI had adequate laws at their disposal to prevent Cruz from passing a background check, both dropped the ball.

Did our founding fathers have to show special state issued picture ID in order to vote ?

No, their neighbors knew who they were. If they had lived in a nation of hundreds of millions of people, with scads of people flooding across the border all the time, they would have, though.

Are you saying that times change and we should keep up with those changes ?

For example , “arms” becoming far more deadly than the founders could imagine ?
exactly how are they more dangerous. how can a gun kill better?

Laugh on.

And what the lying sacks of crap like Timmy refuse to EVER acknowledge is that he SHOULD have had those things on his record. The left forever abdicated any right to propose laws and be taken seriously by refusing to APPLY the laws already in existence and letting this outrage happen.

The mind boggles at the chutzpah, lack of shame, and sheer evil necessary for leftists to adopt a tone of sanctimony and demand ANYTHING before the blood of those students even dried on their hands.

Please . It’s cons who fight any attempt at laws that would prevent gun ownership .

Would you agree that juvenile records should prevent gun ownership ?

Ooh, look, more lies.

No, you will not be getting a blanket agreement from me on anything. It depends entirely on what the record is, and what has happened since then. Individual, case-by-case basis, not group identity and tarring with a broad brush. The essential difference in the leftist and conservative approaches.

Laugh on.

Yes, because - as we've said approximately 47,000 times - the cops and the FBI failing at their jobs is the REASON he had a clean record. Moron.

Laugh on.

Piss off, you lying skidmark.

Ever deal with public school teachers? They're retarded.

Really, I saw a report, they were marching grades 5-8 out of the schools to join this crap. There is no way they understand the issues involved.

This is called INDOCTINATION... Hitler did it too...

Why do parents allow it? It just doesn't make sense.

Because they've already been indoctrinated themselves.

Ever deal with public school teachers? They're retarded.

Really, I saw a report, they were marching grades 5-8 out of the schools to join this crap. There is no way they understand the issues involved.

This is called INDOCTINATION... Hitler did it too...

Why do parents allow it? It just doesn't make sense.

Because they've already been indoctrinated themselves.

You're right, we've lost 2-3 generations to this insanity, it's time to say no more.

Laugh on.

Yes, because - as we've said approximately 47,000 times - the cops and the FBI failing at their jobs is the REASON he had a clean record. Moron.

What could they do? Walk me through it .

You think a vauge internet threat would result in a conviction that would prevent him from buying a gun? When did that happen ? He probably already owned the AR .

Laugh on.

Piss off, you lying skidmark.

Where am I lying ?

What could they do? Walk me through it .

You think a vauge internet threat would result in a conviction that would prevent him from buying a gun? When did that happen ? He probably already owned the AR .

What could they do? Really?

From the Miami Herald:

The FBI did not act on two strong tips, one of which involved Cruz posting on the internet that he planned to become a “professional school shooter.” The Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office was told Cruz had “put [a] gun to others’ heads in the past.” The Florida Department of Children and Families ruled him stable despite clear evidence of self-harm. And officials at Stoneman Douglas High, where Cruz killed 17 people on Valentine’s Day, knew that he was cutting himself, threatening students and taking pictures with guns and that he may have “ingested gasoline ... in an attempt to commit suicide.”

In case you were unaware, posting threats on the Internet is a crime. The FBI could have prosecuted the matter and that would have caused him to fail a background check right there. The sheriff's office could have arrested him for putting a gun to others' heads. The FL Dept. of Children and Families should have gotten the kid into some serious treatment. Ingesting gasoline should have led to an involuntary commitment for observation, at the very least. The list goes on and on.

One key misstep in Cruz’s case came in February 2016, when a Broward deputy responded to a report that the teenager “planned to shoot up the school.” An Instagram photo of a “juvenile” with a gun prompted the tip, according to a time line released by BSO on Thursday.

A Broward deputy determined that Cruz “possessed knives and a BB gun.” But the information was not forwarded to a detective bureau or Broward’s Intelligence Unit, which routinely monitors possible violent offenders who post online.

Rather, the information was sent to Stoneman Douglas’ school resource officer, who is also a BSO deputy. Nothing happened.

BSO, on its Twitter account on Friday, said none of its interactions with Cruz “appeared arrestable under Florida law.”

“The standard isn’t whether that information itself was ‘arrestable’ but whether law enforcement had an obligation to investigate a violation of the law,” said John Priovolos, a former Miami prosecutor. “A detective should have been assigned. Subpoenas should have been sent to Instagram to locate the IP address and verify it was Cruz.

“Cruz could have been arrested — maybe he would have been diverted to a mental-health court, but he would have been under some sort of supervision.”

And, more importantly, he would have failed a background check.

On Friday, Miami-Dade Schools police arrested Krop High senior Sean Mesa for posting photos of himself with guns on social media. Improper display of a firearm is a misdemeanor in Florida. In addition, investigators said they found child pornography on his phone.

Gee, I wonder what a proper investigation of Cruz's Instagram talk about "professional school shooter" would have turned up, if anyone had bothered to do one.

In 2016, officials at Stoneman Douglas were told Cruz was violently and repeatedly threatening several classmates, according to a report in Buzzfeed News. Shortly after Cruz and his girlfriend broke up, he began sending messages to her friends on Instagram, blaming them for his romantic woes and threatening to kill them.

“I’m going to get you and I’m going to kill you because you took this person away from me. I’m going to kill your family,” he said to Dana Craig, a one-time friend, in messages described to Buzzfeed.

Craig told Buzzfeed she reported the incident in writing to school security.

Then Cruz’s ex began dating another student, Enea Sabadini. Cruz threatened Sabadini on several occasions in 2016 and 2017, calling him racial slurs and saying, “I have guns ... I will kill you,” as well as sending a photo of at least six weapons laid out on his bed. Sabadini also reported Cruz’s threats to the school, according to Buzzfeed.

Craig declined to comment to the Miami Herald on Friday. Sabadini could not be reached.

Cruz’s threats to the teens could constitute aggravated cyberstalking, a felony, said Louis, the former Miami-Dade prosecutor. They could also violate state law against issuing written threats to kill.

Whatever Sheriff Israel wants to claim, these are arrestable offenses. So why wasn't he arrested?

Most important: Being charged with aggravated cyberstalking could have prevented Cruz from possessing the weapon he used to kill 17 people.

A condition of bond for felony stalking charges in Broward is the surrender of all firearms.

“He would be required to surrender any firearms that he had,” Della Fera said. “He wouldn’t have had the firearm.

Oh, hey, look! THERE'S something that could have been done to stop him!

In September, he wrote “I’m going to be a professional school shooter” on a YouTube channel. The comment would have been enough to charge Cruz with threatening to injure another person, a felony, according to an official in the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Miami.

The comment was reported to the FBI. But a lackluster investigation did not identify Cruz as its author.

Federal agents also never followed up on a tip saying Cruz might “get into a school and just shoot the place up.” The tip was made to an FBI call center in January.

Enough with this canard that he couldn't have been stopped.

Laugh on.

He had a clean record because the Broward county sheriff and the FBI failed to enforce existing laws. Don't blame the laws, blame the enforcers that didn't do their jobs.

timmy and his willful ignorance is not bliss

Forum List

Back