American Voters 4:1 in Favor of Special Prosecutor for IRS Scandal

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Looks like the vast majority of people want to get to the bottom of the IRS scandal. Every time more news comes out, we realized how deep, or rather how high up, this goes. Does anyone else believe that the IRS chief visited Obama more than 100 times and it's just coincidence? I don't.

American voters are getting the whiff of corruption emanating out of Washington D.C.. Quinnipiac surveyed voters and found a whopping 76%-17% in favor of a special prosecutor to investigate the IRS scandal.

American Voters 4:1 in Favor of Special Prosecutor for IRS Scandal | Independent Journal Review

Damn..

That's almost that magical 90% the left has been using as a reason to further erode American's 2nd Amendment Rights....

I wonder if the Media and the Democrats will start talking about this 80% majority "needing" the investigation to be done.

Will Obama hold a Rose Garden Presser with people from the Conservative groups that were not approved by the IRS and demand that a special investigation be done to help repair the harm done to those people?

Will he call Democrats out by name who are defending the IRS and tell them that they are not being good Americans by defending the IRS?

Damn..

That's almost that magical 90% the left has been using as a reason to further erode American's 2nd Amendment Rights....

I wonder if the Media and the Democrats will start talking about this 80% majority "needing" the investigation to be done.

Will Obama hold a Rose Garden Presser with people from the Conservative groups that were not approved by the IRS and demand that a special investigation be done to help repair the harm done to those people?

Will he call Democrats out by name who are defending the IRS and tell them that they are not being good Americans by defending the IRS?

Well, he hasn't done it yet, so don't hold your breath. If it had been Muslims being discriminated against by the IRS, heads would have rolled the first day. Since it's just Republicans, the only thing he's sorry about is that the scandal became public. Besides, there are implications that he is involved considering there were over 100 meetings with the IRS chief. That is incredibly suspicious. Unless the two are having a love affair, they were up to something to have met that many times.

The entire plan to target conservatives was exceptionally well organized and involved a lot of agents and their bosses. That points to people at the top planning it.

If only government (and I mean all of them) was as good at running the country as they are at being corrupt, we'd be sitting pretty. I swear the average politician spends more time and effort at covering their ass than they do performing their job.

Really? You actually believe 80% of the American people favor that? Funny...

Actually, I'm highly disappointed. It should be 100% of the people being against illegal actions by the IRS. Why the hell shouldn't most of us demand an investigation?

Good grief, the IRS is about to have a lot of control over our lives. They already can come after us for taxes and now they will have real time access to our bank accounts as they enforce Obamacare. Nothing like having people who hate half the population being in charge of our health care and our money.

Maybe it's easy for some to be okay with this since it doesn't affect them. Some are so benighted that they can tolerate laws being broken as long as it's the oppostion that suffers. They foolishly believe they can trust people who lie to others.

Some people have never known the stress of being audited or knowing you have to keep your records in order because you could be audited at any time, especially if you donated to a Republican candidate. How nice that some live without worry because they pay no taxes and see the IRS as Santa Claus because they benefit from the $81 billion the IRS gives away each year. Imagine having bigger and bigger chunks taken from your paycheck after you put in long hours to try and get ahead because more and more people don't work and you have to help subsidize their lives.

It's just peachy that you are apparently among those who have no fear of the IRS and it might be beyond your comprehension why others, who have more to lose, don't trust them.

So go ahead and ignore this or join those immature college students who cheered the dishonesty of government. Just remember that what goes around comes around. Wrong is wrong no matter which side does it.

Last edited:
Actually, wingnut hysteria is causing me to think more highly of the IRS. I may send them a little extra.

And the shockingly large amount of loons that support IRS targeting groups for political purposes ("The Power to Tax, is the Power to Destroy." --- Malbury vs Madison) have us all loading up on ammo, and I'm personally sharpening and polishing my family heirloom (Calvary sabre from French and Indian and Revolutionary War).

From the beginning of the IRS “scandal”, it seemed obvious to me that with conservative nonprofit groups outspending liberals by 34-1, their activities would be more prone to scrutiny. Add into that mix the fact that after Citizens United, these dark money groups sprang up in order to avoid disclosure of donors, the fact that many of these “tea party” groups were actually violating the rules of nonprofits by engaging in political activities, and this scandal looked more like preemptive pushback than a “targeting” scandal.

It seems some election lawyers agree. Over the holiday weekend, when almost no one was reading politics, the New York Times published an article based on their review of IRS agency planning documents. It turns out that “The I.R.S. is already separately reviewing roughly 300 tax-exempt groups that may have engaged in improper campaign activity in past years.”

Thus, “Some election lawyers said they believed a wave of lawsuits against the I.R.S. and intensifying Congressional criticism of its handling of applications were intended in part to derail those audits, giving political nonprofit organizations a freer hand during the 2014 campaign.”

The Times examined more than a dozen of the organizations seeking nonprofit status, and they appear to have earned this scrutiny the hard way, “… a close examination of these groups and others reveals an array of election activities that tax experts and former I.R.S. officials said would provide a legitimate basis for flagging them for closer review.”

More: Republicans Are Using the IRS Scandal to Hide Their Koch Fueled Shady Activities

Groups Targeted by I.R.S. Tested Rules on Politics - The New York Times

so now the number of agents involved

has gone from two bad apples

to 88 across the nation

Forum List

Back