American University Students Prefer Castro to Democratically Elected Trump and How to Fix it

I think some of these college students have been thoroughly brainwashed and are very weak individuals.
I wonder how many of them would require hospitalization if you yelled "Boo" at them.

Leftists are fucking stupid
You just constantly spew foul, vile garbage from the time you come to in the morning, until you pass out again at night, don't you?

Such a fine, proud christian you are. Oh, that's right, you are one of those hypocrite christians. You talk it, but you just don't walk it.
^^Sounds like a typical liberal. Expect someone else to do what they themselves refuse to do.

It's a lack of education, especially about history, and it's on purpose. The left controls education in this country and has altered history.

Right, that's why the Texas School Board controls the right-wing bullshit that goes into HS textbooks. Like "states rights caused the civil war" and "intelligent design is a theory".

Both are true btw.

It's a lack of education, especially about history, and it's on purpose. The left controls education in this country and has altered history.

Right, that's why the Texas School Board controls the right-wing bullshit that goes into HS textbooks. Like "states rights caused the civil war" and "intelligent design is a theory".

ID is a theory... and states rights was behind the civil war.

Sounds like they nailed it. Where the hell did you go to school?

ID is a theory... and states rights was behind the civil war.

Sounds like they nailed it. Where the hell did you go to school?

I love it when someone posts and their post proves me right. Especially when they don't even know it.

Both are true btw.

These people crack me up. Especially the ID crowd.... sounds like the "higher intelligence/power created everything, but it wasn't 'God'" theory if you ask me.

I think some of these college students have been thoroughly brainwashed and are very weak individuals.

I agree. They think anything those left loon professor tell them is the truth.

If any of them bothered to investigate Castro it wouldn't take them long to see how many people he killed and imprisoned. It also wouldn't take long to show how he took Cuba, a farming country and reduced it to a communist hell hole full of poor people.

They would also find that he was worth over one hundred million dollars and had homes in many places. He owned islands. He lived like a king while expecting his people to toe the communist bullshit line.

Of course none of them bothered to do the research. They just lapped up the professors bullshit.

Typical.

Castro has certainly been better for Cuba and for Cubans than Battista, the right-wing dictator who preceded him.

Cuba has better medical care than the US, and a better education system. There are no homeless people, and compared to many other Central American countries and Caribbean Islands there is full employment and no devasting poverty.

It's a whole lot better in Cuba than for the poor in any of the right wing countries in Central America.

If any of them bothered to investigate Castro it wouldn't take them long to see how many people he killed and imprisoned. It also wouldn't take long to show how he took Cuba, a farming country and reduced it to a communist hell hole full of poor people.

They would also find that he was worth over one hundred million dollars and had homes in many places. He owned islands. He lived like a king while expecting his people to toe the communist bullshit line.

Of course none of them bothered to do the research. They just lapped up the professors bullshit.

Typical.

Castro has certainly been better for Cuba and for Cubans than Battista, the right-wing dictator who preceded him.

Cuba has better medical care than the US, and a better education system. There are no homeless people, and compared to many other Central American countries and Caribbean Islands there is full employment and no devasting poverty.

It's a whole lot better in Cuba than for the poor in any of the right wing countries in Central America.

Kinda funny you say they have better medical care. Castro didn't let his Cuban doctors touch him. He had doctors flown in from Spain.

As for being better than Battista?? Kinda sorta doubt that. He killed and imprisoned loads of Cubans. He turned them into $25 dollar a month workers. He lived like a king as all dictators do and expected the people to toe the communist bullshit line.

He wasn't better. And I'm sure no one will miss his POS ass.

Typical.

I know Cuban health care is good and one of the better in Central and South America.
But I also heard Fidel Castro called some doctors from Spain and this is very strange.
Why didn't he use Cuban health are system? :eusa_think:
For what concerns Batista I heard he was not a good Head of State and when he ruled Cuba was some kind of "big brothel"
But honestly I don't know much about him :)

Typical.

I know Cuban health care is good and one of the better in Central and South America.
But I also heard Fidel Castro called some doctors from Spain and this is very strange.
For what concerns Batista I heard he was not a good Head of State and when he ruled Cuba was some kind of "big brothel"

Well, I don't know how we could know if their healthcare system is really "good." These dictators definitely play with the numbers, so it could be an illusion that these people receive good healthcare. I don't really know much about Cuba. Never been there. All I know is what I've read about and they were kind of a closed and isolated society with lots of secrecy.

I am thinking that if the healthcare system was even half as good as people say, then Castro would have been treated by this healthcare system instead of going outside of it to be treated.

Typical.

Well, I don't know how we could know if their healthcare system is really "good." These dictators definitely play with the numbers, so it could be an illusion that these people receive good healthcare. I don't really know much about Cuba. Never been there. All I know is what I've read about and they were kind of a closed and isolated society with lots of secrecy.

I am thinking that if the healthcare system was even half as good as people say, then Castro would have been treated by this healthcare system instead of going outside of it to be treated.
I've never been there too ChrisL :)
I've read something about Cuban healthcare system. I don't know if that's true because you can find opposite views but it seems believable :)

Cuba's Health Care System: a Model for the World | The Huffington Post

Why Is Cuba’s Health Care System the Best Model for Poor Countries

The last link says "the Cuban infant mortality rate is below that of the US..."
I don't know if this real but it's pretty incredible :eek:

Typical.

I've read something about Cuban healthcare system. I don't know if that's true because you can find opposite views but it seems believable :)

Sure, but actions speak louder than words. Lol. Him abandoning his own healthcare system and choosing to be treated by those not even associated with his own healthcare system says a LOT! :)

Typical.

Sure, but actions speak louder than words. Lol. Him abandoning his own healthcare system and choosing to be treated by those not even associated with his own healthcare system says a LOT! :)
Actually that's true! ;)
It's really strange Fidel Castro didn't want his own physicians and called Spanish to help him :)

This illustrates the mental rot that our colleges have had in effect on the minds of our supposedly best and brightest for an entire generation.

VIDEO: AU students prefer Castro over Trump

Really? This is where the left has drifted to; a brutal communist dictator is now seen as more beneficial to his people and the world than a self made billionaire who has employed tens of thousands of people and actually added some very successful structures to the landscape of cities across our country. These people are so twisted in their minds that they think that Trump has done worse things than have tens of thousands of his own people executed for opposing him. They think that Trump will do worse for our economy than Castro did for his country, and they actually think that Trump has never had a successful business endeavor! These people are insane with ignorance, hatred and arrogance.

People we need to face facts; our communist enemies have targeted our educational system, and our higher education especially, to spread disinformation about our nation, our culture, the world we live in and the problems we face. They have promoted the most horrid propaganda directed at alienating our own youth against our country and the claim of 'Free speech' should not stop us from cleaning the gutters of our educational system to rid us of such poison spreading vile scum.

We need to do the following in order to shed ourselves of this dug in Marxist elite that control our universities.

1. Introduce free college education online that finances itself with ads and clicks. You register and take various classes through the host website and videos of instructors followed by online question and answer sessions, and a recommended reading list is given and you pass the courses with essays on the course written to address a list of question given at the beginning of the course. You take as long as you need to pass the course after demonstrating a required level of understanding of the topic.

2. School vouchers need to come to our educational system ASAP to get more competition into our educational system. Our public schools have degenerated into little more than glorified Day Care centers.

3. Ban teachers unions or any other form of union in government service.

4. All educational institutions should have a requirement to let the tax payers know what they are getting for their tax dollars spent, by having ALL classes video recorded and posted to the internet so that ANYONE can log in and see what they kids are being taught by college professors. There is ZERO right to privacy in the classroom when WE THE PEOPLE are paying for it.

It's because liberal teachers and professors neglected to teach them facts about history. This needs to be added to the history books. Here is some testimony from people who lived under Castro's reign to help people understand why it's wrong to romanticize Castro or mourn him. I know the media was talking about how people in Cuba were crying over his death. Of course, in that country, they had better do that or they will end up killed or imprisoned. They still live under a dictatorship and no dissention is tolerated.

The ex-Cubans in Florida cheered. It's because they knew what kind of man he was and they are now in a country where they can express themselves.

"Media 'Romanticizes' Castro Legacy...The Experiences of These Cuban Americans Give Them a Realty Check

After years of Americans learning that Fidel Castro was an oppressive dictator, his death has caused a different light to be shed on the leader.

Many media outlets reported his death without using the word “dictator” anywhere in the headline. Instead, they called him a “revolutionary.”

The Guardian went so far as to call him an “icon”:

When President Obama addressed the death of Cuba's former leader in an official statement, he discussed Castro's legacy:
“History will record and judge the enormous impact of this singular figure on the people and world around him."
President Obama and the media may trust history to judge Castro's impact, but these Cuban Americans are ready to pass judgment themselves.

Carlos Curbelo

Representative Carlos Curbelo from Florida is the son of two Cuban exiles. His parents fled Cuba and came to America in the 1960s.

On MSNBC's “Morning Joe,” he called Fidel Castro “a dictator, a murderer, and an enemy of the United States and my own family.”

Representative Curbelo then illustrated who Castro was with a personal anecdote:

“My grandfather was imprisoned for 12 years and tortured for opposing the government. His brother was executed without trial. This was the nature of Fidel Castro.”

Still, he commended Castro on his flair for propaganda and ability to “sell a lie” about who he was and what the Cuban Revolution represented.

Rep. Curbelo ended his segment with a message about the celebrations that have been underway in Miami:

“The intellectual author, the inspiration of that revolution, of all that death and destruction is no longer on the face of the Earth. That certainly brings relief to many of our families. That's why you see so much celebration in Miami. It's not so much that someone died, it's that the psychological burden has been lifted.”

Ileana Ros-Lehtinen

Fellow Congresswoman from Florida Ileana Ros-Lehtinen was born in Cuba and was forced to flee when she was 8 years old.

On Saturday morning, she spoke to “The Today Show” about her own personal feelings and experiences with the dictator.
First, making an observation about the various viewpoints that have surfaced since his death, Ros-Lehtinen said:

“I think it's interesting to hear the different perspectives, of course, from world leaders who did not have to suffer the injustices of a Fidel Castro rule.”

She described life under Castro's rule as a “harassment atmosphere” for anyone who wants to express an opinion contrary to the regime.

Rep. Ros-Lehtinen spoke freely about who Castro was:

“He is a man who executed a lot of family members of my constituency, imprisoned so many of them. I believe his legacy will be one of how you can hang onto power when you're a totalitarian leader.”

She also described how he was able to retain power for so long:

“It's very simple. You control every aspect of everybody's life, where you live and where you work. Everything is state owned and operated with very few exceptions...it's not a big feat.”

Moving forward, Rep. Ros-Lehtinen hopes to see a day without any Castros in power, believing that “while there's a Castro in power there isn't much hope for change.”

Tom Llamas

ABC News anchor Tom Llamas is also the son of Cuban exiles.

He says he can't remember a time growing up when he didn't know the name “Fidel Castro.”

In a segment on ABC, he addressed the tendency to “misplace this romanticism” when a world leader dies.

He described Fidel Castro:

“Fidel Castro is someone who was a tyrant. He was a killer. He was a liar.”

Llamas credits a story he did in Florida as the “light bulb” moment for when he realized just how lucky he was to be born in this country.

He worked with the Coast Guard intercepting Cuban rafters and Cuban go-fast boats that were smuggling in Cuban citizens. While working on that story, he got to witness firsthand what the inside of the boats looked like:

“Dozens of families, babies in diapers. And the best choice these families had was to put their children on a boat — in the middle of the night, not knowing what would happen — than to live in Cuba.”

One argument being made in support of Castro's regime and the good it has done for its people is that “Cuba has the highest literacy rate in the world.”

Llamas dismissed that argument saying that although they have a high literacy rate, “they're told what to read, you can't read what you want.”

In terms of Cuba's lauded, free healthcare system, Llamas appeared visibly upset as he recounted a painful memory:
“I can remember night after night with my family, stuffing envelopes and greeting cards with medicines and kool-aid. Just so they could have calories. That's what I remember.”

There are countless stories of Cuban citizens who risked their lives to escape Fidel Castro's reign of terror.

When President Obama addressed the death of Cuba's former leader in an official statement, he discussed Castro's legacy:
“History will record and judge the enormous impact of this singular figure on the people and world around him."

President Obama and the media may trust history to judge Castro's impact, but these Cuban Americans are ready to pass judgment themselves.

Carlos Curbelo

Representative Carlos Curbelo from Florida is the son of two Cuban exiles. His parents fled Cuba and came to America in the 1960s.

On MSNBC's “Morning Joe,” he called Fidel Castro “a dictator, a murderer, and an enemy of the United States and my own family.”

Representative Curbelo then illustrated who Castro was with a personal anecdote:

“My grandfather was imprisoned for 12 years and tortured for opposing the government. His brother was executed without trial. This was the nature of Fidel Castro.”

Still, he commended Castro on his flair for propaganda and ability to “sell a lie” about who he was and what the Cuban Revolution represented.

Rep. Curbelo ended his segment with a message about the celebrations that have been underway in Miami:

“The intellectual author, the inspiration of that revolution, of all that death and destruction is no longer on the face of the Earth. That certainly brings relief to many of our families. That's why you see so much celebration in Miami. It's not so much that someone died, it's that the psychological burden has been lifted.”

Ileana Ros-Lehtinen

Fellow Congresswoman from Florida Ileana Ros-Lehtinen was born in Cuba and was forced to flee when she was 8 years old.

On Saturday morning, she spoke to “The Today Show” about her own personal feelings and experiences with the dictator.
First, making an observation about the various viewpoints that have surfaced since his death, Ros-Lehtinen said:

“I think it's interesting to hear the different perspectives, of course, from world leaders who did not have to suffer the injustices of a Fidel Castro rule.”

She described life under Castro's rule as a “harassment atmosphere” for anyone who wants to express an opinion contrary to the regime.

Rep. Ros-Lehtinen spoke freely about who Castro was:

“He is a man who executed a lot of family members of my constituency, imprisoned so many of them. I believe his legacy will be one of how you can hang onto power when you're a totalitarian leader.”

She also described how he was able to retain power for so long:

“It's very simple. You control every aspect of everybody's life, where you live and where you work. Everything is state owned and operated with very few exceptions...it's not a big feat.”

Moving forward, Rep. Ros-Lehtinen hopes to see a day without any Castros in power, believing that “while there's a Castro in power there isn't much hope for change.”

Tom Llamas

ABC News anchor Tom Llamas is also the son of Cuban exiles.

He says he can't remember a time growing up when he didn't know the name “Fidel Castro.”

In a segment on ABC, he addressed the tendency to “misplace this romanticism” when a world leader dies.
He described Fidel Castro:

“Fidel Castro is someone who was a tyrant. He was a killer. He was a liar.”

Llamas credits a story he did in Florida as the “light bulb” moment for when he realized just how lucky he was to be born in this country.

He worked with the Coast Guard intercepting Cuban rafters and Cuban go-fast boats that were smuggling in Cuban citizens. While working on that story, he got to witness firsthand what the inside of the boats looked like:

“Dozens of families, babies in diapers. And the best choice these families had was to put their children on a boat — in the middle of the night, not knowing what would happen — than to live in Cuba.”

One argument being made in support of Castro's regime and the good it has done for its people is that “Cuba has the highest literacy rate in the world.”

Llamas dismissed that argument saying that although they have a high literacy rate, “they're told what to read, you can't read what you want.”

In terms of Cuba's lauded, free healthcare system, Llamas appeared visibly upset as he recounted a painful memory:

“I can remember night after night with my family, stuffing envelopes and greeting cards with medicines and kool-aid. Just so they could have calories. That's what I remember.”

Dean M.

There are countless stories of Cuban citizens who risked their lives to escape Fidel Castro's reign of terror.

Independent Journal Review spoke with Cuban-American Dean M., who left Cuba in September 1961 when he was just 14 years old.

For Dean, life before Castro's reign was “great,” but his life after Castro took power couldn't have been more different:

“Life became tough, as everyone was expected to support the Castro regime. Neighbors would spy on each other and the military was very much in control.”

After the Cuban victory during the Bay of Pigs attack, Dean's family understood the magnitude of who Castro was:

“By then it was obvious that Castro was a communist. Companies were nationalized and taken over by the government, Catholic and private schools were closed, and the economy was totally controlled by the government.”

As a member of the upper class, Dean's parents decided they needed to get their son out of the country as quickly as possible:

“I was put on a plane by myself to Miami. My parents wanted to get me out of the country as things were getting ugly. Castro was beginning to send all boys and girls under 18 years old to government schools for indoctrination purposes.”

After Castro's regime destroyed his country, which Dean described as a “thriving island nation, on par with the U.S.,” Dean says he couldn't help but celebrate when he learned of the dictator's death.

Like other Cubans, he hopes Raul Castro isn't far from the same fate.

The White House hasn't yet issued a statement on whether or not President Obama will send a representative to the funeral. For Dean, however, it's an obvious decision:

“Why would we honor a ruthless dictator who killed thousands and jailed even more?”

With the death of Castro and a new president on deck in January, Dean — along with other Cuban Americans — hopes life will become better for the Cuban people:

“Since the so-called opening with Obama, more dissidents have been imprisoned and life is even tougher for the Cuban people.”

As an American in 2016, it can be difficult to imagine that a place can exist where you're told what to read and even what to think.

Whether you view Castro as a renegade or a tyrant, it's obvious that many people are now seeing a free Cuba even more within grasp."

Media 'Romanticizes' Castro Legacy...The Experiences of These Cuban Americans Give Them a Realty Check

Last edited:
This illustrates the mental rot that our colleges have had in effect on the minds of our supposedly best and brightest for an entire generation.

Really? This is where the left has drifted to; a brutal communist dictator is now seen as more beneficial to his people and the world than a self made billionaire who has employed tens of thousands of people and actually added some very successful structures to the landscape of cities across our country. These people are so twisted in their minds that they think that Trump has done worse things than have tens of thousands of his own people executed for opposing him. They think that Trump will do worse for our economy than Castro did for his country, and they actually think that Trump has never had a successful business endeavor! These people are insane with ignorance, hatred and arrogance.

People we need to face facts; our communist enemies have targeted our educational system, and our higher education especially, to spread disinformation about our nation, our culture, the world we live in and the problems we face. They have promoted the most horrid propaganda directed at alienating our own youth against our country and the claim of 'Free speech' should not stop us from cleaning the gutters of our educational system to rid us of such poison spreading vile scum.

We need to do the following in order to shed ourselves of this dug in Marxist elite that control our universities.

1. Introduce free college education online that finances itself with ads and clicks. You register and take various classes through the host website and videos of instructors followed by online question and answer sessions, and a recommended reading list is given and you pass the courses with essays on the course written to address a list of question given at the beginning of the course. You take as long as you need to pass the course after demonstrating a required level of understanding of the topic.

2. School vouchers need to come to our educational system ASAP to get more competition into our educational system. Our public schools have degenerated into little more than glorified Day Care centers.

4. All educational institutions should have a requirement to let the tax payers know what they are getting for their tax dollars spent, by having ALL classes video recorded and posted to the internet so that ANYONE can log in and see what they kids are being taught by college professors. There is ZERO right to privacy in the classroom when WE THE PEOPLE are paying for it.
No surprise here.
When Gorbechev came into prominence, the American Left held him on a pedestal.
Libs LOVE 'em some commie douche nozzles.
They claim Trump has a strange tie to Putin. It is actually the libs in this country who are pissed off that Putin has time and again dissed their Obamessiah

Dumb ideas.

He said the election was rigged.

Maybe they found out about this in school ...here let me school you
"200 million children in the world today sleep in the streets — none are Cuban"
billboards_002.jpg

And yet,...................there are no Americans getting on inner tubes in hopes of floating to Cuba.

Go figure.

Forum List

Back