American football is being destroyed by pay per view and females.

Raynine

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2023
I know I am old but I have to say I am not at all thrilled with pay per view football. American football is an interesting and thrilling game and it is watched by millions. although research tells me that pay per view sporting events actually go back as far as Joe louis fights. I was always under the impression that television advertising would pay for the events so the viewer could watch them free. Cable television came along and suddenly games were blocked in certain areas so viewers were deprived of many games they wanted to see. Maybe we are to blame for alowing this greed, I don't know. I'm not really sure how promoters are getting away with this but I am willing to bet politicians are paid off as usual.

By the way, what's with all these women with microphones at football games? Does anyone seriously believe these gals have any interest in football? They are trying to launch broadcasting careers in our new woke box-checking world. They are ruining football. Football is a man cave thing for Sunday afternoons and the coaches should not have to deal with these female idiots asking inane questions on the sidelines. They are ruining the game.

It gets even worse. Wokeness in now trying to foist female play by play onto the public. Have you heard this Beth Mowins callng games? It sounds like something coming out of the mouth of a lizard. It's downright creepy. American football is being trashed so that is one more thing wokeness is destroying. Jesus Christ! What the hell are these people doing to our world?

Last edited:

American football is being destroyed by pay per view and females.​

There is no doubt that our football is a dying hobby compared to how I knew it 40 years ago. I don't think today's player for the most part is half as tough as they were years ago because years ago, you were beat and hammered and HAD to be tough to survive. Today's player is protected by rules according to their "value," another form of DEI wokeness.

I know I am old but I have to say I am not at all thrilled with pay per view football.
There is no reason to invest in PPV unless you either want to watch games outside your viewing area as a sports junkie or you don't have a local team or your local team is so bad that they can't even sell all of the local seats.

Also, when they have woke slogans in the end zone or back of the hemet saying things like: 'END RACISM' I want to ask the league how? Is this a personal request, and just how does one end it or cause it to end, even in oneself? Better still--- what does any of that have to do with football? I don't recall asking the NFL for their opinion.

By the way, what's with all these women with microphones at football games?
I'm generally against ladies in men's sports. There seems to be no need for them and a few years back, they appeared, suddenly injected into the games just so we could say we were including them. Nothing against the ladies, and I have no doubt some women have a serious interest in the sport, and I generally tolerate them so long as they don't show up dressed all sexy and flashy in tight sequined skirts. I've named those girls: "sideline bitches." It is just that for a few hours that the game lasts, I want my mind focused on the GAME and not of some pretty girl's tight dress.

Last edited:
I know I am old but I have to say I am not at all thrilled with pay per view football. American football is an interesting and thrilling game and it is watched by millions. although research tells me that pay per view sporting events actually go back as far as Joe louis fights. I was always under the impression that television advertising would pay for the events so the viewer could watch them free. Cable television came along and suddenly games were blocked in certain areas so viewers were deprived of many games they wanted to see. Maybe we are to blame for alowing this greed, I don't know. I'm not really sure how promoters are getting away with this but I am willing to bet politicians are paid off as usual.

By the way, what's with all these women with microphones at football games? Does anyone seriously believe these gals have any interest in football? They are trying to launch broadcasting careers in our new woke box-checking world. They are ruining football. Football is a man cave thing for Sunday afternoons and the coaches should not have to deal with these female idiots asking inane questions on the sidelines. They are ruining the game.

It gets even worse. Wokeness in now trying to foist female play by play onto the public. Have you heard this Beth Mowins callng games? It sounds like something coming out of the mouth of a lizard. It's downright creepy. American football is being trashed so that is one more thing wokeness is destroying. Jesus Christ! What the hell are these people doing to our world?
Wow, another macho snowflake who feels threatened by a woman.

There is no doubt that our football is a dying hobby compared to how I knew it 40 years ago. I don't think today's player for the most part is half as tough as they were years ago because years ago, you were beat and hammered and HAD to be tough to survive. Today's player is protected by rules according to their "value," another form of DEI wokeness.

There is no reason to invest in PPV unless you either want to watch games outside your viewing area as a sports junkie or you don't have a local team or your local team is so bad that they can't even sell all of the local seats.

Also, when they have woke slogans in the end zone or back of the hemet saying things like: 'END RACISM' I want to ask the league how? Is this a personal request, and just how does one end it or cause it to end, even in oneself? Better still--- what does any of that have to do with football? I don't recall asking the NFL for their opinion.

I'm generally against ladies in men's sports. There seems to be no need for them and a few years back, they appeared, suddenly injected into the games just so we could say we were including them. Nothing against the ladies, and I have no doubt some women have a serious interest in the sport, and I generally tolerate them so long as they don't show up dressed all sexy and flashy in tight sequined skirts. I've named those girls: "sideline bitches." It is just that for a few hours that the game lasts, I want my mind focused on the GAME and not of some pretty girl's tight dress.
the only player being "protected" by new rules is the quarterback. isn't he the only white quy on a team?

Just remember kids, when something happens that I don't like, it's always SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT.

It's not the fault of the football fans for paying for pay per view, it's not the fault of the fans that they actively pay money to support this system.

No, it's the fault of women because... A) you're not a women, B) you're not a woman and C) you're not a women.... yeah people.... this person gets to vote, isn't that SCARY?

Legalized betting isn't helping either, and seems to be affecting the play calling.

If they had gotten the job based on merit and knowledge, that would be fine

But if you watch, it is obvious that most of these girls aren’t experts and likely got the job just to fill some quota

Yeah, the NFL really jumped the shark this year with all the non-network games/betting.

I certainly won't pay extra to watch them.

I really dislike the sports betting aspect and i think that's what's pushing the FUBAR viewing schedule but then again I'm pretty much against all gambling.....I don't even approve of the lottery or scratch-off tickets.

Jesus said to take a chill pill.

Yeah, the NFL really jumped the shark this year with all the non-network games/betting.

I certainly won't pay extra to watch them.

I really dislike the sports betting aspect and i think that's what's pushing the FUBAR viewing schedule but then again I'm pretty much against all gambling.....I don't even approve of the lottery or scratch-off tickets.
Like you count.

I've never been an NFL fan, but college football is still cool. I can't wait for New Years day when the GREAT AND WONDERFUL CRIMSON TIDE play Michigan.

I have tried several times to start watching the sport again, and just can't do it.
It is not football anymore. It is a pussy game now. "Now don't tackle too hard!!"
"Now boys... that tackle was too rough, you need a time out now"

And another thing that ruined the NFL is free agency. That is a whole other topic.

If they had gotten the job based on merit and knowledge, that would be fine

But if you watch, it is obvious that most of these girls aren’t experts and likely got the job just to fill some quota

Wow, you mean Wheel of Fortune could have hired a kid to turn those letters instead of paying Vanna White the millions they paid her? They show has only been on for 48 years; clearly they don’t know what they’re doing. MNF has been on for 50+ years. Televised football is a multi billion dollar enterprise.

Complaining about the sideline reporter is probably the lamest thing ever posted on this board.

The female commentators don't bother me nearly as much as free agency and pussy rules.
Although - yes it is obvious they are chosen for looks and not brains.

03AB2D6D-6C31-4FB8-8933-D7B51B0CAE44.png

You wouldn't have to worry about it if you were like me and stopped watching both college and NFL football after all the players and management went bat shit crazy woke in supporting hateful Black activism a few years ago.

You wouldn't have to worry about it if you were like me and stopped watching both college and NFL football after all the players and management went bat shit crazy woke in supporting hateful Black activism a few years ago.
That was the straw that broke the camels back for me also.
My interest were already waning for the reasons I gave above, but absolutely, the whole kneeling with fist up, BLM shit everywhere. Indeed. That is when I quit for good.
The viewership is steadily rising from it's lowest point in 2018 however.
It is recovering.

You fool. When it becomes bad enough, people will kill for a lot less when we are a lot poorer. Sports are far too expensive at this point. We were a Republic and since the Fiat Currency and 19th amendment have become a Democracy and have at least a soft tyranny existence today. The real truth is the rise and fall of nations. We are purposely being deprived of the wealth our forefathers conquered for as to integrate us into a world government. You see no impoverished in the global hierarchy controlling the threads on people. And no shortage of their puppets who force their wills on the peasants. And peasants who smash heads to keep it going.

I have tried several times to start watching the sport again, and just can't do it.
It is not football anymore. It is a pussy game now. "Now don't tackle too hard!!"
"Now boys... that tackle was too rough, you need a time out now"

And another thing that ruined the NFL is free agency. That is a whole other topic.
How many years have you ever played full-contact football?

That was the straw that broke the camels back for me also.
My interest were already waning for the reasons I gave above, but absolutely, the whole kneeling with fist up, BLM shit everywhere. Indeed. That is when I quit for good.
The viewership is steadily rising from it's lowest point in 2018 however.
It is recovering.

There is another thing too.

I am not rich but I am also not poor. I have discretionary funds available each month for entertainment but sports is not a good value. To me sports has got too expensive to really enjoy.

On the TV side just look at all the stupid mindless Black acting commercials you have to watch as the cost of seeing a game. Even pay for view has commercials.

To attend any college football or basket game or MLB or NFL the cost is way out of line to the value you receive. $20 or more for parking, tickets costing $100 each or much more for the better locations, $15 hot dogs and $10 beers. Expect to spend $150 or more each to attend any of these college or professional game. It could be a lot more if you splurge a little bit.

Forum List

Back