America Way Worse Under Obama

RepubliKlans now argue to keep entitlements started by democrats.
Stock market does .5% better under dem presidents. (that's huge for me, and that number is pre Obama he turned in 40% yr1)

why? A rising tide lifts all boats, republiKlans are only concerned with Yatch club boats.

For someone who knows the market as well as you do, I am surprised that you continually use that 40% number.

For someone who knows the market as well as you do, you should be well aware of why that number is 40%

For someone who knows the market as well as you do, you should be well aware that the following drop in the market was well expected.

For someone who knows the market as well as you do, you should be well aware of who capitalized on that 40% and what created that 40% and how the middle class not only did not gain due to that 40% but in fact lost much with that 40%.

For someone who knows the market as well as you do, you should stop throwing that 40% number around.

Or do you not know that market as well as you claim?

Does that mean I don't get to keep the 40% profit i saw last year?

Damned Republicans!

For some....like me, and likely you, that 40% profit offset the equal losses from the year before.

For many, that 40% profit was not seen as they were forced to liquidate all or a portion in an effort to survive.....and instead, that 40% was pure profit for those that know how to play the market.

A great portion of securities were sold off FROM retirement accounts, and the surge to buy the "great deals" was done so by the market players...and that hiked the prices back up.

The increase in many stocks had nothing to do with earnings. The increase in many stocks had to do with "great deals" based on present low prices and FUTURE anticipated earnings .

Sadly, most do not know how the market works and reacts.

jughead facts are facts

If Obama gets 1 more year at 40% and one non terrible he's in again.

You retards conservatives in your trailer parks thought the country would be broke and muslim by now. You tards are voting for shit that benefits the top 5% which non of you are in. LOFL

jughead facts are facts

You retards conservatives in your trailer parks thought the country would be broke and muslim by now. You tards are voting for shit that benefits the top 5% which non of you are in. LOFL

Interesting.

I am not in the top 5% but as a business owner, I respect that the top 5% are the bulk of the job creators...and I most certainly want to keep them in business. So yes, I will vote for things that will keep the business owners driving forward.

If Obama gets one more 40% year, he may even have MY vote, as the market will be at 15K and who can complain about that?

I am not a retard....or as most sensitive people say, mentally challanged. I do not live in a trailer park. I own a 4 bedroom, 3 bath split.

The country IS broke or does your media tell you that we do not have a debt that exceeds our revenue less expenses?

No one thought we would be a Muslim country by now excpet the right wing fringe...however, I was quite surpirsed to hear Obama say that we are not a Christian nation....but as a Jew, I really dont care what we label our nation as religion wise.

Your post surprised me. I thought you were above that childish crap.

Kudo's too ya, and I thought you started the crap. If you didn't I appologize.

I'm against most of his economic policies, I'm far left socially which is the only reason I wasn't a huge Mcain supporter.
That said I like my stock market gains plenty.

Kudo's too ya, and I thought you started the crap. If you didn't I appologize.

I'm against most of his economic policies, I'm far left socially which is the only reason I wasn't a huge Mcain supporter.
That said I like my stock market gains plenty.

Y9ou did what I did. You held on and let the market cvome back.

Many jumped ship and ohters were forced to sell off as they had no other income.

So the 40% gain was nothing more than a slap in their faces...and based on others buying into great deals.

jughead facts are facts

Interesting.

I am not in the top 5% but as a business owner, I respect that the top 5% are the bulk of the job creators...and I most certainly want to keep them in business. So yes, I will vote for things that will keep the business owners driving forward.

If Obama gets one more 40% year, he may even have MY vote, as the market will be at 15K and who can complain about that?

I am not a retard....or as most sensitive people say, mentally challanged. I do not live in a trailer park. I own a 4 bedroom, 3 bath split.

The country IS broke or does your media tell you that we do not have a debt that exceeds our revenue less expenses?

No one thought we would be a Muslim country by now excpet the right wing fringe...however, I was quite surpirsed to hear Obama say that we are not a Christian nation....but as a Jew, I really dont care what we label our nation as religion wise.

The US is far from broke

Debt that exceeds your revenue and expenses does not equal being broke. I can own a $400,000 home with a $300,000 mortgage on a salary of $200K.
I am far from broke

In fact the US has hundreds of trillions is assets that are untapped. We are far from broke

jughead facts are facts

Interesting.

The US is far from broke

Debt that exceeds your revenue and expenses does not equal being broke. I can own a $400,000 home with a $300,000 mortgage on a salary of $200K.
I am far from broke

In fact the US has hundreds of trillions is assets that are untapped. We are far from broke

Fair enough response. Yes, our assets certinly exceed our debt.

But we are cash broke. And the only way to overcome it is to decrease spening or increase revenue.

From a corporate standpoint, that is "on the verge of bankruptcy"......

But unlike a corporation, the government can fix it by simply taking it from us.

But that is for another thread.

Fact: the GOP controlled the government from 1994 to 2006 with two compliant presidents.

The GOP broke the economy, destroyed American confidence in government, wooed and seduced and threw away social values conservatives, and generally provided awful governance.

Despite all that, BHO and his administration have managed to prevent a great depression, passed health care reform, economic reform, began winding down our presence in Iraq and told the Afghani administration to step up or we would get out. The latter will inevitably happen now because of the Afghani corruption and the GOP congressional incompetence.

Until the GOP reforms itself, count on the Dems being in power until 2020.

We are not and never have been a Christian nation. We are and always have been a nation generally of Christians. Our government is secular. This is not too hard to understand.

Fact: the GOP controlled the government from 1994 to 2006 with two compliant presidents.

The GOP broke the economy, destroyed American confidence in government, wooed and seduced and threw away social values conservatives, and generally provided awful governance.

Despite all that, BHO and his administration have managed to prevent a great depression, passed health care reform, economic reform, began winding down our presence in Iraq and told the Afghani administration to step up or we would get out. The latter will inevitably happen now because of the Afghani corruption and the GOP congressional incompetence.

Until the GOP reforms itself, count on the Dems being in power until 2020.

Per this line:

Why is it that you do not mention anything about the fact that the GOP did not have a super majority or a philibuster proof majority?

As for the rest of your post....simply nothing more than a partisan opinion.

I do not believe we were heading anywhere NEAR a depression.
Healthcare reform was passed using a tactic that has never been used for a bill of that size
Economic reform is great as long as you dont mind government being involved in your own personal financial decisions
The afghani situation? Obama and a democratic congress have been privy to all thwat has been going on there since 2006....so why is it the GOP you blame? Why not the Dems as well?

Yep...typical partisan talking head post to me.

The "super majority or a philibuster proof majority" means nothing. The only opinion here that is partisan is yours, Jarhead. You have offered no facts, just hot air.

Take your far right talking points and flush them.

The next president, Mitt Romney, will not listen to nonsense from the far right like yours.

We are not and never have been a Christian nation. We are and always have been a nation generally of Christians. Our government is secular. This is not too hard to understand.

Pardon my poor use of words.

Then exactly what was Obama referring to?

Jeez...never mind.

Not in the mood for your games.

Cya

The "super majority or a philibuster proof majority" means nothing. The only opinion here that is partisan is yours, Jarhead. You have offered no facts, just hot air.

Take your far right talking points and flush them.

The next president, Mitt Romney, will not listen to nonsense from the far right like yours.

I am far from far right.

You are making a judgement call based on how you are reading my posts regarding one debate of many.

But I guess seeing as I blame ALL of congress and not just the GOP...I must be far right.

Gotcha.

Yeah, considering the "Institutionalize Too Big Too Fail" financial bill just passed has also exempted the FCC, Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac from the FOIA. (That's right all you Marxists regime worshippers out there who claim that Freddie & Fannie have nothing to do with the Government)

We're in big trouble.... transparancy? LOL!!!!

Jarhead fails again.

Perhaps....in your eyes.
But I learn from failure....even when it is not failure in my eyes but in the eyes of someone else.
I like to learn. I like to grow. I like to bettermyself.....always.
Cya <S>

In some ways we are worse. This Administration sure has done their best to divide the nation with their constant Race-Baiting and Class Warfare strategies. We certainly had problems before this President took office but we weren't as divided. The Democrats have employed the Saul Alinsky 'Divide & Conquer' strategy and we are all suffering because of this. Suing his own people and calling them Racists is not something most Americans want their President doing. He really has betrayed a lot of Americans by taking the side of the Mexican Government & Illegals over his own fellow American Citizens. How can that be forgotten or forgiven? I do think the Democrats' 'Divide & Conquer' strategy is going to backfire on them though. 2010 could be the beginning of the end for the Democrats and this Administration. I guess we'll see.

Interesting.

The US is far from broke

I am far from broke

Fair enough response. Yes, our assets certinly exceed our debt.

But we are cash broke. And the only way to overcome it is to decrease spening or increase revenue.

From a corporate standpoint, that is "on the verge of bankruptcy"......

But unlike a corporation, the government can fix it by simply taking it from us.

But that is for another thread.

The fact is the US owns that $400,000 house. But no politician has the balls to tell people they have to make do with a smaller house. Easier to take out a second mortgage

Forum List

Back