America needs single payer

A public option really is our best bet. This is why Obama screwed up with his healthcare plan when he took the Public option off the table too soon.
"public option"?? What a joke, no option to it.

Opt in or opt out choice, that would be a real public option...

100% of all people have healthcare
Canada used to ban private health insurance to supplement their shitty health care system, until their Supreme Court overrode that law.

Do you know why?

Because...
"Access to a Waiting List is NOT Access to Health Care"

Call it the hip that changed health-care history. When George Zeliotis of Quebec was told in 1997 that he would have to wait a year for a replacement for his painful, arthritic hip, he did what every Canadian who's been put on a waiting list does: He got mad. He got even madder when he learned it was against the law to pay for a replacement privately. But instead of heading south to a hospital in Boston or Cleveland, as many Canadians already do, he teamed up to file a lawsuit with Jacques Chaoulli, a Montreal doctor...

The court's decision strikes down a Quebec law banning private medical insurance and is bound to upend similar laws in other provinces. Canada is the only nation other than Cuba and North Korea that bans private health insurance...

There are long waiting lists here in the U.S., too.

Canada used to ban private health insurance to supplement their shitty health care system, until their Supreme Court overrode that law.

Do you know why?

Because...

Call it the hip that changed health-care history. When George Zeliotis of Quebec was told in 1997 that he would have to wait a year for a replacement for his painful, arthritic hip, he did what every Canadian who's been put on a waiting list does: He got mad. He got even madder when he learned it was against the law to pay for a replacement privately. But instead of heading south to a hospital in Boston or Cleveland, as many Canadians already do, he teamed up to file a lawsuit with Jacques Chaoulli, a Montreal doctor...

The court's decision strikes down a Quebec law banning private medical insurance and is bound to upend similar laws in other provinces. Canada is the only nation other than Cuba and North Korea that bans private health insurance...
It's not shitty but your argument is. The USA needs a two-tier system, and we will have it within ten years.

Do you know why?

Because...

There are long waiting lists here in the U.S., too.
Nothing like in single payer countries. See Table 3 here: http://www.commonwealthfund.org/~/media/Files/Publications/Fund Report/2013/Nov/1717_Thomson_intl_profiles_hlt_care_sys_2013_v2.pdf

It's not shitty but your argument is. The USA needs a two-tier system, and we will have it within ten years.

It is shitty compared to ours.

I have no doubt, though, America will convert to a single payer system in our lifetimes. The GOP sold us down that river decades ago.

It is shitty compared to ours.

I have no doubt, though, America will convert to a single payer system in our lifetimes. The GOP sold us down that river decades ago.
No, it is not. They live longer, pay less, and are healthier.

Federal government involvement in our healthcare = 100% epic fail.

Government run/government controlled health care is always a disaster.

When will these Libtard idiots ever learn?

UnitedHealth CEO regrets entering ObamaCare

The CEO of UnitedHealthCare on Tuesday said he regretted the decision to enter the ObamaCare marketplace last year, which the company says has resulted in millions of dollars in losses.

“It was for us a bad decision,” UnitedHealth CEO Stephen Hemsley said at an investor’s meeting in New York, according to Bloomberg Business.

UnitedHealth, the country’s largest insurer, announced last month that it would no longer advertise its ObamaCare plans over the next year and may pull out completely in 2016 — a move that sent shockwaves across the healthcare sector.

Hemsley’s remarks double down on his earlier warning that the ObamaCare exchanges remain weaker than expected after two years and that it will take far longer for insurers to profit from the millions of new enrollees.

UnitedHealth CEO regrets entering ObamaCare

A public option really is our best bet. This is why Obama screwed up with his healthcare plan when he took the Public option off the table too soon.

No. Where he screwed up was not addressing healthcare costs first, and then figuring out who and how we will pay for it.

There are nearly a dozen ways to reduce costs--some not costing the taxpayer a dime. Other options would cost us money, but it would reduce the prices we pay for healthcare. None of these issues were even in consideration.

Commie Care is a failure because it never took into account that each person and family is different. Government figures they can tell you what you can or cannot afford just based on how much you make per year.

How does the government know what I pay for a mortgage or rent? How do they know what I have to pay in property taxes or insurance? How do they know if I'm paying child support or not or otherwise have kids in college I took loans out for? Since I don't have insurance, how would they know what I'm paying out of pocket for the healthcare and medication I take? How does government know what I have to pay for gasoline every month to get to work? How do they know what my car payment is?

Nope, we are going to move Canada here, because we don't do it right.

Even Bernie Sanders agreed that it ain't going to happen. The lobbyists are simply too strong.

The rich get richer Republican objective. When are you sad-sacks going to learn?

The rich are setting records at getting richer under Democrats... Might want to focus on that considering you voted for them and they actually hold office. We already know you would never vote Republican even if you really liked the person running, so bitch about the people you elected that are doing the evil you bitch about future Republicans doing.
Yeah, Democrats suck almost as badly as Republicans but the reason the rich are getting much richer is that we've passed the tipping point for corporate control of our society.

No, the reason the rich are getting richer is because the stock market was fixed. The federal reserve bought trillions of dollars in bonds that artificially inflates the market making it a shoe-in to make money which they did.

Canada, Mexico, Britian and most of the more respectable european nations have it.
1. 100% of all people have healthcare
2. Most of these nations spend less dollars. What do we get for $8,100/person??? Canada is far cheaper!!! They also don't allow their drug companies to jack up prices to take away peoples retirements.
3. No one is left dying while some rich mother fucker is getting millions of dollars off of the system. It is called a failure of the market system. Canada has shown us the way and it is time to dump this shit!!!!

What's funny is the reality that none of these other nations soak the people most in need as much as we do. And for what? Oh'yesss, so some ceo or board member can live like a king.

I say replace Obamacare with single payer!!! Do it now. I honestly don't understand why the republicans would want a system that been shown to fail and costs this nation so much.

You haven't researched much have you?

A few years back the government of Manitoba closed my ER. My funeral home is closer. And nothing is free. An ambulance ride is close to 300 bucks.
One, how much do you pay per capita for health care?

Two, what is the average age of death?

Three, what is the percentage of Canadians that want to go an US style health care system?

The Canadians can opt out of government healthcare anytime they desire, but they don't. Why?

If you are younger or middle-aged where you don't need a lot of serious healthcare, the system is fantastic. Once you get old and need a lot of care and have more serious issues to address, it sucks.

The majority of Canadians want to keep government healthcare because the majority of people don't need urgent or serious care. They don't think about that until they become seriously ill.

I talk to Canadian truck drivers all the time. I always ask what they think about their system. I get the same answers all the time. The younger drivers think it's the best thing since sliced bread, and the older ones tell me that the US should keep what we have because you don't want their system.

Ironically, ACA was designed from the ground up to ensure that single payer never happens.

Statements like "Government run/government controlled health care is always a disaster" and those by Ray above are laughable in and of themselves. That is self evident.

Statements like "Government run/government controlled health care is always a disaster" and those by Ray above are laughable in and of themselves. That is self evident.

Seriously ill people from Canada, UK, and other "single payer" countries come to the USA for medical care if they can afford the trip. Any idea why they do that?

At this moment I have two sisters-in-law who are fighting cancer.

One lives in America, the other near London.

The differences in speed of care and (most importantly) treatment options are stark and real.

An expansion of Medicare/Medicare Advantage/Medicare Supplements? Yes. True single payer? I sure hope not.
We have also received cancer care in the states and Germany. The differences are quite stark.

The other side to this coin is, of course, that we had coverage. There is another story for those that do not. In our case, everyone gets covered to some extent though - the number of charities out there for what we went through is massive and there is help almost everywhere.
This whole ordeal has been amplified by the fact that we have medical professionals in the family both here and there. The one here will toss out a treatment idea and the one there says yeah, that would be nice, but it's not something we can do here. Pretty frustrating.
I was also surprised with some of the inefficiencies that they have that did not carry over to the states. I expected some of the idiosyncrasies to be grater over here considering the much larger threat of being sued but it was the opposite. For instance, my son had a port placed in his chest for frequent injections. In Germany we had to drive to the hospital every 2 days during outpatient services in order to have them flush the line with blood thinner to ensure it did not becomes scabbed over inside his vein. In the states I simply did it myself. The doctor gave us a prescription and we flushed the line on our own. Hell, we even had a home IV pump for some of the chemo so that he could stay home and did not need to go into spend the entire 2 year cycle at the hospital. That is something that we would never had in Germany.

Was there a mitigating circumstance like here, you live out in the sticks whereas there, you lived fairly close to a treatment center?

No. I am actually closer here having moved here specifically for our medical needs. There is simply regulations over there preventing most home care. There are also cultural differences - some of them rather shocking.

We stayed in the hospital as much as possible in Germany but you were not allowed to stay in the room - a standard here in the states. Over there you have to stay in a separate room in another location in the hospital. Many of the children receiving care didn't have a parent present at all. That was shocking to us considering I could not imagine leaving my son at that time.

Seriously ill people from Canada, UK, and other "single payer" countries come to the USA for medical care if they can afford the trip. Any idea why they do that?
You tell us with facts, figures, and numbers.

You tell us with facts, figures, and numbers.

already been posted, many times. I am not here to be your teacher. Do your own homework.

Forum List

Back